Venue to sell a bike

Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any recommendations?

Is eBay really any good?

In article <[email protected]>, user_sucking@the_host.smooth says...
>Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any recommendations?

Rec.bicycles.marketplace is the obvious one.

>Is eBay really any good?

Sometimes.
-----------------
Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

"Default" <user_sucking@the_host.smooth> writes:

>Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any recommendations?

>Is eBay really any good?

Ebay is a buyer's market for whole bicycles. Ebay is a seller's market for bicycle parts.

I have seen people who buy bikes on ebay, then turn around and sell the parts at a profit. So if
your bike has collectable or high quality parts, you might consider "parting it out" on ebay. I am
frequently amazed at the low prices for entire bicycles (some in very nice condition) that are
paid on ebay.

- Don Gillies San Diego, CA

"Alex Rodriguez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, user_sucking@the_host.smooth says...
> >Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any recommendations?
>
> Rec.bicycles.marketplace is the obvious one.
>
> >Is eBay really any good?
>
> Sometimes.
> -----------------
> Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

OK thanks for that, it's posted as: FS: SPECIALIZED HardRock mountain bike

"Donald Gillies" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Default" <user_sucking@the_host.smooth> writes:
>
> >Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any recommendations?
>
> >Is eBay really any good?
>
> Ebay is a buyer's market for whole bicycles. Ebay is a seller's market for bicycle parts.
>
> I have seen people who buy bikes on ebay, then turn around and sell the parts at a profit. So if
> your bike has collectable or high quality parts, you might consider "parting it out" on ebay. I am
> frequently amazed at the low prices for entire bicycles (some in very nice condition) that are
> paid on ebay.
>
> - Don Gillies San Diego, CA

Nah, just wanna sell it complete with the manufacturer's specs.