Venue to sell a bike

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Default, Jul 10, 2003.

    Default Guest

    Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any recommendations?

    Is eBay really any good?

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]_host.smooth says...
    >Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any recommendations?

    Rec.bicycles.marketplace is the obvious one.

    >Is eBay really any good?

    Sometimes.
    -----------------
    Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

  3. "Default" <[email protected]_host.smooth> writes:

    >Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any recommendations?

    >Is eBay really any good?

    Ebay is a buyer's market for whole bicycles. Ebay is a seller's market for bicycle parts.

    I have seen people who buy bikes on ebay, then turn around and sell the parts at a profit. So if
    your bike has collectable or high quality parts, you might consider "parting it out" on ebay. I am
    frequently amazed at the low prices for entire bicycles (some in very nice condition) that are
    paid on ebay.

    - Don Gillies San Diego, CA

    "Alex Rodriguez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]_host.smooth says...
    > >Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any recommendations?
    >
    > Rec.bicycles.marketplace is the obvious one.
    >
    > >Is eBay really any good?
    >
    > Sometimes.
    > -----------------
    > Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

    OK thanks for that, it's posted as: FS: SPECIALIZED HardRock mountain bike

    "Donald Gillies" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Default" <[email protected]_host.smooth> writes:
    >
    > >Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any recommendations?
    >
    > >Is eBay really any good?
    >
    > Ebay is a buyer's market for whole bicycles. Ebay is a seller's market for bicycle parts.
    >
    > I have seen people who buy bikes on ebay, then turn around and sell the parts at a profit. So if
    > your bike has collectable or high quality parts, you might consider "parting it out" on ebay. I am
    > frequently amazed at the low prices for entire bicycles (some in very nice condition) that are
    > paid on ebay.
    >
    > - Don Gillies San Diego, CA

    Nah, just wanna sell it complete with the manufacturer's specs.