Verbal abuse

FELTF10 said:
Just do a web search for helmet cams, they're great to take on rides and very durable.
I yelled MOVE @$$hole to one couple on a sunday. They where walking in the wrong side of the trail and I was not stopping.

200 pounds + bike @ 16 miles an hour has to produce some force in case they dont move.

They yelled back so I dont feel bad.

I hate sundays.

BTW ... I was wrong and I will never do it again ... but it was 90 degrees and it was my 39th mile.

huhenio said:
I yelled MOVE @$$hole to one couple on a sunday. They where walking in the wrong side of the trail and I was not stopping.

200 pounds + bike @ 16 miles an hour has to produce some force in case they dont move.

They yelled back so I dont feel bad.

I hate sundays.

BTW ... I was wrong and I will never do it again ... but it was 90 degrees and it was my 39th mile.
Tonight, I was out riding again and, there was a guy J-walking. I told him to move his butt, before I hit him.

I think, the bright green reflective windbreaker gives me an edge because, while I checked with the police department about wearing it and, they said it wouldn't be a problem because, their attire looks different. It says 'Police' on the back but, the general public still seems to think I am a police officer.

I may have to seek the advice of the police again.

mjw_byrne said:
Not much you can do, I guess, except learn to ignore it. You were right not to stop, it would just have been a waste of time and as you observed, you might have gotten in trouble. Just be grateful you don't live in the US, where this kind of thing seems to happen a lot more, and where a lot more people have guns :)

Yeah...and we know how to use 'em too! (I actually own more guns than bikes, which is amazing considering how obsessed I am with bike collecting.)