Versus to continue TdF through 2013

hawkeye87

Feb 18, 2008
Cyclingnews covered this in one of their news stories (http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/jun08/jun10news2).

Their new campaign slogan for this, however, is:
"Take Back the Tour." The first message it has sent says, "Screw the dopers, politics and critics, the false allegations and the fair weather fans. They ripped the soul out of this race. But the Tour doesn't belong to them. We're the ones grinding every mile, pushing past the limits of pain and exhaustion. The most gruelling competition in the world – it belongs to us. We're masochists. We're believers. And it's our time. Take back the Tour."
I would imagine the "false allegations" are a slap at anyone daring to question Sir Lance's TdF rein.

PensFan101 said:
Well of course, becasue the average person in North America thinks Lance's story is a sports miracle.
Whether he doped or not, coming back from a pretty bad bout with cancer to win one of the toughest tests out there is pretty impressive.

It would be MORE impressive without the sinking feeling that he just had better doctors than the guys who got caught.

hawkeye87 said:
Their new campaign slogan for this, however, is:
I thought that was satire the when I read it. It's only when I checked cyclingnews that I realized they were serious.

In other news, the former Outdoor Life Network is showing Caddyshack II. A new low. Gigli might be showing next year.