Verve 3 vs crossroads 3

Gregory Piccolo

Jan 13, 2020
Anybody have any experience with these two bikes. I want to ride with my wife in various locations from street to park and paved paths along the beach. We do about 15-20 miles per ride. We are both relatively fit and in our mid 50's. She has the Verve 2 which I like. When I ride with her I ride my 2017 Specialized crossroads sport and would like to upgrade. When I ride by myself i ride my Specialized sirrus 3.0 for more speed. We do hit some hills occasionally. The Crossroads 3.0 has a 1x9 and Verve 3 has 2x9 so I'm not sure if I'll have enough gearing if needed with Crossroads even though I'll probably stay between 1-3,4,5,6 most of the time. Fyi the crossroads 2 has more gearing but mechanical disc brakes. Even though these are more relaxed hybrids we ride farther than many on these types and we like a speed too. Any bike similar to my Sirrus she hates like Giant Escape, Trek FX 1 etc.

Hey, thanks for sharing! I'm all about performance and winning, so finding high-quality parts and accessories for my bike is a top priority.