very bad cramp

feelthebyrne

Aug 25, 2009
every time I go for a ride after an hour I start to get serious cramp in my two calf muscles I am well hydryated that day and I have eat something on the bike before this sets in.Has anybody got any idea what would be the answer to this problem

You are may be low in sodium.
I am a cyclist who has recently started using some performance-enhancing nutrient strips and they have vastly improved my workout/ride. They dissolve in your mouth, so I load up with the “electrolyte” strip beforehand and I have greatly improved oxygen capacity; tons more endurance and feel very energetic at the end of a ride. These strips are sugar free and rapid acting. They will reduce lactic acid build up and prevent cramping. Professional teams (NFL, etc.) are actually using these strips and supplanting the need for IV fluids in some cases.
Check it out and let me know if you have any questions:
www.enlyten.com/kathyyuill
Thanks
Kathy

kyuill said:
You are may be low in sodium.
I am a cyclist who has recently started using some performance-enhancing nutrient strips and they have vastly improved my workout/ride. They dissolve in your mouth, so I load up with the “electrolyte” strip beforehand and I have greatly improved oxygen capacity; tons more endurance and feel very energetic at the end of a ride. These strips are sugar free and rapid acting. They will reduce lactic acid build up and prevent cramping. Professional teams (NFL, etc.) are actually using these strips and supplanting the need for IV fluids in some cases.
Check it out and let me know if you have any questions:
www.enlyten.com/kathyyuill
Thanks
Kathy
Thanks for that Kathy,that sounds brilliant,I will definitely check that out and let you know how I got on

kyuill is on the right track with sodium...a nice salty meal before a long ride day is always good. but thats just half the story make sure you get a good dose of Vitamin D and Calcium either the night before or a couple hours before the ride. Next if that aint helpin' and you are just someone that tends to cramp up carry a roll of Tums with you and when you start feeling the cramps come on take a few Tums. The calcium in them takes effect pretty quick.

[lang=pt]Sofro de cãimbras todas as noites. Já tentei de tudo: magnésio, cálcio, bananas. O meu médico disse-me que não se pode fazer nada de outro. Eu li no site Caimbras.org que a primeira causa das cãimbras é um excesso de eletricidade estática. Alguém pode confirmar-me esta informação? Falam de um tapete anti-estático que elimina as cãimbras dos adultos, e também as dores de crescimento das crianças. É eficaz? Queria ter algumas opiniões antes de comprar.[/lang]

Potassium, as in sports drinks, and magnesium supplement capsule cured the cramps for me. I was already taking calcium with vitamin D to help prevent osteoporosis, so that may help, also.

I use a low sodium electrolyte. According to the manufacture, and maybe someone can verify this, with a modern diet we have far more sodium in our system than we need. Sodium isn't the only electrolyte either, and you maybe depleting others.