Very Crafty Multi-tool?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mike Elliott, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Elliott

Mike Elliott Guest

Hi,

On a club ride yesterday, I saw a very crafty multitool on a fellow's bike. I asked him what it was
    but he was a bit unsure and I have not been able to find it on the 'net. It appeared to be a fairly
    complete folding multitool replete with chain tool thing, but what caught my eye was that it had a
    black plastic mount that fastened to his seat tube -- a mounting platform that was attached by what
    appeared to be a O-ring wrapped around the seat tube. Does this description ring a bell with anyone?

MikeE

Tags:

2. Sam Huffman

Sam Huffman Guest

Mike Elliott <[email protected]> writes:

> Hi,
    >
    > On a club ride yesterday, I saw a very crafty multitool on a fellow's bike. I asked him what it
    > was but he was a bit unsure and I have not been able to find it on the 'net. It appeared to be a
    > fairly complete folding multitool replete with chain tool thing, but what caught my eye was that
    > it had a black plastic mount that fastened to his seat tube -- a mounting platform that was
    > attached by what appeared to be a O-ring wrapped around the seat tube. Does this description ring
    > a bell with anyone?

You can find it here; the picture doesn't show the bike mount but the description specifies that it
    includes the mount.

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/large_photo.html?SKU=14866&Store=Bike

I bought it at my local Performance shop last month. Seems to work fine so far.

Sam

3. Jt

Jt Guest

"Sam Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...

> > On a club ride yesterday, I saw a very crafty multitool on a fellow's bike. I asked him what it
    > > was but he was a bit unsure and I have not been able to find it on the 'net. It appeared to be a
    > > fairly complete folding multitool replete with chain tool thing, but what caught my eye was that
    > > it had a black plastic mount that fastened to his seat tube -- a mounting platform that was
    > > attached by what appeared to be a O-ring wrapped around the seat tube. Does this description
    > > ring a bell with anyone?
    >
    > You can find it here; the picture doesn't show the bike mount but the description specifies that
    > it includes the mount.
    >
    > http://www.performancebike.com/shop/large_photo.html?SKU=14866&Store=Bike
    >

That "pedal wrench" looks a little bit flimsy. If you had to use it, you should go straight home
    afterwards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.