Very Crafty Multi-tool?

Mike Elliott

Guest
Hi,

On a club ride yesterday, I saw a very crafty multitool on a fellow's bike. I asked him what it was
but he was a bit unsure and I have not been able to find it on the 'net. It appeared to be a fairly
complete folding multitool replete with chain tool thing, but what caught my eye was that it had a
black plastic mount that fastened to his seat tube -- a mounting platform that was attached by what
appeared to be a O-ring wrapped around the seat tube. Does this description ring a bell with anyone?

MikeE

Mike Elliott <[email protected]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On a club ride yesterday, I saw a very crafty multitool on a fellow's bike. I asked him what it
> was but he was a bit unsure and I have not been able to find it on the 'net. It appeared to be a
> fairly complete folding multitool replete with chain tool thing, but what caught my eye was that
> it had a black plastic mount that fastened to his seat tube -- a mounting platform that was
> attached by what appeared to be a O-ring wrapped around the seat tube. Does this description ring
> a bell with anyone?

You can find it here; the picture doesn't show the bike mount but the description specifies that it
includes the mount.

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/large_photo.html?SKU=14866&Store=Bike

I bought it at my local Performance shop last month. Seems to work fine so far.

Sam

"Sam Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> > On a club ride yesterday, I saw a very crafty multitool on a fellow's bike. I asked him what it
> > was but he was a bit unsure and I have not been able to find it on the 'net. It appeared to be a
> > fairly complete folding multitool replete with chain tool thing, but what caught my eye was that
> > it had a black plastic mount that fastened to his seat tube -- a mounting platform that was
> > attached by what appeared to be a O-ring wrapped around the seat tube. Does this description
> > ring a bell with anyone?
>
> You can find it here; the picture doesn't show the bike mount but the description specifies that
> it includes the mount.
>
> http://www.performancebike.com/shop/large_photo.html?SKU=14866&Store=Bike

That "pedal wrench" looks a little bit flimsy. If you had to use it, you should go straight home
afterwards.