Very few doping positives during the Armstrong years. How come?

No_Positives

Aug 15, 2007
I find it interesting that from 1999-2005, the TdF had only a couple minor doping issues, and so far this year nothing to speak of. (Which sucks, as a positive test seems to make it more interesting). But look at the three years LA was out, and all doping hell broke loose.

Why is this? Most smart people know that Lance has always ridden clean, so maybe his presence influences the other riders to stay clean??

That's an interesting question.. one I alluded to in a post earlier this week. It's almost like the issues started as if a switch had been flipped, then have mysteriously gone away.

I think one of the answers you'll hear is that supposedly LA had Ferrari tied up in an exclusive contract for much of that time.... hence he wasn't available to others. While he may very well have been tied up in contract, I don't think it had a large effect on other people doping...they want it they'll get it somewhere.

I disagree with you on one point. I don't think most "smart" people know that Lance rides/rode clean. I think most "smart" people look and the body of evidence and conclude that while he may not have been officially sanctioned, there is very good reason to believe or at least highly suspect that he did dope.

Mansmind said:
I disagree with you on one point. I don't think most "smart" people know that Lance rides/rode clean. I think most "smart" people look and the body of evidence and conclude that while he may not have been officially sanctioned, there is very good reason to believe or at least highly suspect that he did dope.
A piece of advice: NP is trolling in this subject matter - just ignore.

By the past Lance rode with Pantani, Virenque, Riis, the festina boys, the Puerto boys, Ullrich, Basso, Landis, Herras, Hamilton, .... all those guys were so clean...with their doping that UCI was not worried until extern entities came!

No_Positives said:
Most smart people know that Lance has always ridden clean...

Tee hee! Replace smart with naive and it would be more accurate.

No_Positives said:
Most smart people know that Lance has always ridden clean, so maybe his presence influences the other riders to stay clean??

so in real life, you're like a crazy person, right?

No_Positives said:
Why is this? Most smart people know that Lance has always ridden clean, so maybe his presence influences the other riders to stay clean??

Classic.

My wife influences me to stay clean. She says" you smell like s**t, go take a shower". I can hear Lance saying these words to the boys in the peloton. Truly inspirational!:rolleyes:

You guys are the trolls. On every thread it's "Armstrong doped" "Armstrong doped." Even though he has never tested positive, it's "Armstrong doped." At least my comments are based on hundreds of negative tests. Yours are circumstantial.

Trolls=BadDeal, TheDumbLord, TonyCrackery, Putter, Poopidor, peehs, Slovakgirl, Lamerickman

No_Positives said:
You guys are the trolls. On every thread it's "Armstrong doped" "Armstrong doped." Even though he has never tested positive, it's "Armstrong doped." At least my comments are based on hundreds of negative tests. Yours are circumstantial.
Are you speaking of hundreds negative tests passed by Marion Jones, Chambers, Kohl, Schumacher,...

NP, even your quote's a lie. Discounting the testing of the '99 samples, Armstrong has had teammates test positive nearly as soon as they left the comforting wings of the Armstrong money machine.

Also, there's that cortisone non-negative that a cool $500K helped to disappear.

But you're not here to discuss or to even think, you're here to put out the fire with gasoline.

at least no positives respects j huskey. didn't see fit to include him in the list. then again, he always was teacher's pet.

"I think one of the answers you'll hear is that supposedly LA had Ferrari tied up in an exclusive contract for much of that time.... "

I really don't think LA had an exlusive contract with a doping doctor. That concept is so lame. If he broke the contract what would happen? Would LA take him to court for violating his exclusive dopping contract? This is another one of those mindless rumors started by some loser. If Ferrari was helping him dope and he very well could have, he was not just helping LA.

leerobbs said:
"I think one of the answers you'll hear is that supposedly LA had Ferrari tied up in an exclusive contract for much of that time.... "

I really don't think LA had an exlusive contract with a doping doctor. That concept is so lame. If he broke the contract what would happen? Would LA take him to court for violating his exclusive dopping contract? This is another one of those mindless rumors started by some loser. If Ferrari was helping him dope and he very well could have, he was not just helping LA.

Well I tend to agree with you..although perhaps he did have an exclusive "training" contract I doubt this would stop Ferrari from selling his "dope" to others..nor do I think dope would be mentioned at all in the contract..lol.

Still... it's one of the justifications I "heard" so I suspect the poster will at some point as well.

Dr. Ferrari had/has several kind of prices for different doping program.
The top program costs 20% of the income of that rider, so he has a biggest interest to sell his top program for a rider who can make a lot of money with a TDF win.

Mansmind said:
Well I tend to agree with you..although perhaps he did have an exclusive "training" contract I doubt this would stop Ferrari from selling his "dope" to others..nor do I think dope would be mentioned at all in the contract..lol.

Still... it's one of the justifications I "heard" so I suspect the poster will at some point as well.

LA most certainly did have the preparation services of Ferrari exclusively locked up for his final five TdF wins.

leerobbs said:

Here's the thing: research prior to commenting.