Very high triglyceride numbers (what does it mean, what can be done)?

"Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:15:42 -0500, Matti Narkia wrote
> (in message <[email protected]>):
>
> > Well, I think that the range is wide and criminals are on the other end

of
> > the range. Still, I also think that I shouldn't leave my day job yet

:).

> > Anyway, here are a couple of other links about this topic, no hint this
> > time ;-):
> >
> > <http://www.crisiscounseling.com/Articles/Psychopath.htm>
> > <http://bob.bob.bofh.org/~robm/misc/psycho.html>

> Interesting links... I can see how they support your diagnosis, Dr.
> Narkia :). Although, when I ran Chung through bob.bob's test he only
> scored 21... not a psychopath :) I, on the other hand, ... well,
> nevermind :)
>
> --
> God's Other Humble Servant
>
> Steve

I ran the test on George W. Bush.
He is a DEFINATE psychopath

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:53:00 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

Chung, Chung, Chung... where to start? :) True to form, you have
presented me with such a bountiful supply of Chung-speak that I hardly
know where to begin :)

> Matti Narkia <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...

> <incoherent discourse with "Steve" snipped>

Coherency is only apparent to the truthful ;-)

>> Well, I think that the range is wide and criminals are on the other end of
>> the range. Still, I also think that I shouldn't leave my day job yet :).

> And what is that, pray tell?

You seem to have some difficulty differentiating what Matti said from
what I said. Is English your ****fifth**** language???????

If you are asking me (as opposed to Matti), my day job is Executive
Director of the Chung Truth Squad.

>> Anyway, here are a couple of other links about this topic, no hint this
>> time ;-):
>>
>> <http://www.crisiscounseling.com/Articles/Psychopath.htm>
>> <http://bob.bob.bofh.org/~robm/misc/psycho.html>

> Hopefully, you aren't pursuing a web-based education in psychology.

Why not? Do you recommend I switch to a web-based education in
cardiology?

>>> I think a classical "Personality Disorder" is more likely.
>>>

>> Perhaps, pick your choice ;-) :

> But keep your day job, per Matti's rare wise suggestions.

Thanks, I plan to as described above.

>> <http://careconnection.osu.edu/diseasesandconditions/healthtopics/mentalhea
>> lth/personality/>

> Nice link that seems to describe "Steve"'s on-line persona.

Opinions may vary.

>>> It is certainly a waste of time to think we will ever change Chung.
>>> However, there are new people arriving here and in the groups he
>>> intentionally cross-posts to who could be led into error on the basis
>>> of his "credentials". Warning them of the truth is probably
>>> worthwhile.
>>> There is also the troubling thought that he may have actual patients,
>>> although this seems unlikely given the amount of time he seems to have
>>> to surf the net and build his web site. It seems likely that if his
>>> judgement, professionalism, and character are so poor in the areas
>>> where we see them displayed, that these same shortcomings could easily
>>> translate to his patients. If so, he is indeed dangerous.
>>>
>>> On a higher plane, there is the old saying that "the only thing it
>>> takes for evil to prevail is for good men to keep silent" (or something
>>> like that :))

> ..as the untruthful speak/write..

Sorry, English is my ***first*** language. I can't make heads or tails
of your comment here as it relates to the preceeding. Is this some
sort of Koan?

>> You're absolutely right about that,

> Thank you for agreeing, Matti.

Let's see... Matti agrees with my statements about you and you thank
him... uncommonly gracious of you, Chung.

>> although it sometimes feels that it's
>> making as much good as fighting against windmills like Don Quixote :).

> Truth will prevail, Matti.
>
> "There will come a time when every knee will bend, every head will
> bow, and all will acknowledge that Christ is Lord..."

Um, and when might _that_ time be Chung? I don't want to miss it... it
should be quite a sight seeing all those Muslims, Hindus, Taoists,
Buddhists, et al bending the knee and bowing the head.

>>> Usenet is a community, albeit one without precedent. What keeps people
>>> in place in other communities is peer pressure and scorn for behavior
>>> which is unacceptable.

> ... and on the other extreme... martial law, terrorism, grown men
> running around wearing hoods and sheets to lynch those who they feel
> are "out of place (ie don't belong in their community)"...
>
> Which side of the spectrum does anonymous folks like "Steve" et al
> belong?

Why do you say I am anonymous, Chung? The dictionary defines anonymous
as "having no known name or identity" My name is Steve. I always post
as Steve. How is that any different than "Chung"?

On the other hand, you seem to have no problem with the person who
posts as variations of the name "Mu". How is that, Chung? Could it be
that "anonymity" is only a problem if someone disagrees with you?

>>> Because he dispenses medical advice, Chung
>>> seems to feel he has a "free pass" to interject his looney views on the
>>> 2PD

> The above speaks to "Steve"'s irrational bias.

Or "Chung"'s irrational diet ;-) Take your pick.

>>> and religion which are "Off Topic" in this group (and, in fact, in
>>> the other groups to which I have seen him post them).

> Actually, there is an established scientific link between obesity and
> medical problems (diabetes and heart disease). There is also an
> established link between religion/prayer and medical healing. So the
> truth is that both the 2PD approach and religion are "on topic" and
> not "off topic" as "Steve" would have folks believe.

So you are admitting there is no scientific link between
religion/prayer and medical healing?

If you believe the 2PD and religious discussions are "On Topic" for
this group, I challenge you to put the question to the group. Surely a
truthful person such as yourself cannot fear the truth.

>>> Also,
>>> intentional lying, twisting of words, false attributions, and false
>>> allegations should not be accepted.

> Correct.

Glad you agree.

>>> I think he should be challenged.

> I welcome it.

Funny, it doesn't seem like it. Seems like people who challenge you
end up on your libel or stalker page, have their messages maliciously
cross posted to other groups "for their convenience", have their
integrity, faith, or language comprehension challenged, and are
subjected to various other ad hominem attacks by you.

Perhaps it is the opportunity to attack them that you welcome.

>>> If he is not, it becomes the de facto community norm

> Christians becoming the Usenet community norm must be giving "Steve"
> et al nightmares.

Well, I can't speak for al, but I'm certainly not having any nightmares
about it. It is too far-fetched a possibility to even seriously
consider.

>>> and others will
>>> feel free to do the same.

> And start writing/postting truthfully and using their real names...

I write and post truthfully and Steve is my real name. To whom are you
referring? Mu, perhaps?

> No more pseudonyms or trading of personal insults...

Takes two to trade :)

>>> I also think he should be challenged when
>>> his medical views are wrong as you have so ably done.
>>>

>> Right again.

> Hardly.

So you don't think you should be challenged when your medical views are
wrong? Is this another example of the "Gift of Truth Discernment"
which you claim to have?

>>> The beauty of Chung is that he is so predictable...

> Truth is predictable. Truth is beautiful.

I believe this is the logical fallacy called the "Distributed Middle"
or "Affirming the Consequent". Par for Chung-logic, of course.

>>> like Pavlov's dogs.
>>> If you challenge him, he will prove the indictment in his response :)
>>> Accuse him of being a liar, and he will respond with a lie;

> Thieves are the quickest at accusing others of stealing.
> Cheaters the quickest at accusing other of cheating.

Distributed Middle. And I would like to see your references, since I
don't believe the claims anyway.

>>> accuse him
>>> of being a religious fanatic, and he will respond with fanaticism;

> Hmmm, I am in love with God. If that makes me a religious fanatic, so
> be it.

Sorry, try again. Being in love with God doesn't make one a religious
fanatic.

>>> accuse him of being a dissembler, and he will dissemble;

> Hmmm, I know how to write code in assembly language... don't see any
> utility in dissembling.

Res ipsa loquitur :)

>>> accuse him of
>>> being a hypocrite, and he will respond with hypocrisy.

>> True.

> "Steve" is the last place you are likely to find anything true.

The issue under discussion in the instant case is hypocrisy, not truth.
Comprehension problems again?

> A word to the wise, that's all.

Thank you for agreeing that I am wise. I was starting to think that
might not be your opinion.

--
God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

Steve wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:53:00 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
> (in message <[email protected]>):
>
> Chung, Chung, Chung... where to start? :) True to form, you have
> presented me with such a bountiful supply of Chung-speak that I hardly
> know where to begin :)
>
> > Matti Narkia <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...

> > <incoherent discourse with "Steve" snipped>

> Coherency is only apparent to the truthful ;-)

Truth remains unwieldy to the untruthful.

> >> Well, I think that the range is wide and criminals are on the other end of
> >> the range. Still, I also think that I shouldn't leave my day job yet :).

> > And what is that, pray tell?

> You seem to have some difficulty differentiating what Matti said from
> what I said.

You probably mean "distinguishing" instead of "differentiating" not that it
clarifies your view.

> Is English your ****fifth**** language???????

No. You probably were anticipating what I was about to ask you.

> If you are asking me (as opposed to Matti), my day job is Executive
> Director of the Chung Truth Squad.

Well, I was not asking you. I would have guessed that your day job was measuring
out the hot dogs at your local quiktrip convenience store with a tape measure to
make sure that customers were really getting a "foot-long." That would have been
the logical source of your inspiration for the 2-foot parody of the 2PD approach.

> >> Anyway, here are a couple of other links about this topic, no hint this
> >> time ;-):
> >>
> >> <http://www.crisiscounseling.com/Articles/Psychopath.htm>
> >> <http://bob.bob.bofh.org/~robm/misc/psycho.html>

> > Hopefully, you aren't pursuing a web-based education in psychology.

> Why not?

Matti seems bonded to his/her current day job.

> Do you recommend I switch to a web-based education in
> cardiology?

You should probably stick to measuring out hotdogs.

> >> Perhaps, pick your choice ;-) :

> > But keep your day job, per Matti's rare wise suggestions.

> Thanks, I plan to as described above.

I'm sure you are one of quiktrip's most valued assets.

> >> <http://careconnection.osu.edu/diseasesandconditions/healthtopics/mentalhea
> >> lth/personality/>

> > Nice link that seems to describe "Steve"'s on-line persona.

> Opinions may vary.

But, truth does not.

> > ..as the untruthful speak/write..

> Sorry, English is my ***first*** language.

That's surprising. Don't see why you are apologizing, however.

> I can't make heads or tails
> of your comment here as it relates to the preceeding.

Now, I see why you are apologizing.

> Is this some
> sort of Koan?

Let me put it together for you:

"the only thing it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to keep silent... as
the untruthful speak/write"

> >> You're absolutely right about that,

> > Thank you for agreeing, Matti.

> Let's see... Matti agrees with my statements about you and you thank
> him... uncommonly gracious of you, Chung.

I thank him for agreeing that:

"the only thing it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to keep silent... as
the untruthful speak/write"

> >> although it sometimes feels that it's
> >> making as much good as fighting against windmills like Don Quixote :).

> > Truth will prevail, Matti.
> >
> > "There will come a time when every knee will bend, every head will
> > bow, and all will acknowledge that Christ is Lord..."

> Um, and when might _that_ time be Chung?

God only knows.

> I don't want to miss it...

You won't.

> it
> should be quite a sight seeing all those Muslims, Hindus, Taoists,
> Buddhists, et al bending the knee and bowing the head.

Yes it will be.

As they say:

"Seeing is believing"

> > ... and on the other extreme... martial law, terrorism, grown men
> > running around wearing hoods and sheets to lynch those who they feel
> > are "out of place (ie don't belong in their community)"...
> >
> > Which side of the spectrum does anonymous folks like "Steve" et al
> > belong?

> Why do you say I am anonymous, Chung?

[email protected]

> The dictionary defines anonymous
> as "having no known name or identity"

Correct.

> My name is Steve.

So you say. Who believes it?

> I always post
> as Steve.

So you say. The archives for [email protected] say differently.

> How is that any different than "Chung"?

And you write that English is your first language.

> On the other hand, you seem to have no problem with the person who
> posts as variations of the name "Mu". How is that, Chung?

I have no problem with you posting as Steve([email protected]). It gives you the
credibility befitting the substance of your posts.

> Could it be
> that "anonymity" is only a problem if someone disagrees with you?

Your being anonymous is an attribute rather than a problem. Perhaps you see it as
a problem.

> > The above speaks to "Steve"'s irrational bias.

> Or "Chung"'s irrational diet ;-) Take your pick.

The above speaks to your irrational fixation on the 2PD approach.

> > Actually, there is an established scientific link between obesity and
> > medical problems (diabetes and heart disease). There is also an
> > established link between religion/prayer and medical healing. So the
> > truth is that both the 2PD approach and religion are "on topic" and
> > not "off topic" as "Steve" would have folks believe.

> So you are admitting there is no scientific link between
> religion/prayer and medical healing?

You may insert the word scientific if you wish.

> If you believe the 2PD and religious discussions are "On Topic" for
> this group, I challenge you to put the question to the group.

My beliefs are independent of the opinions of others.

> Surely a
> truthful person such as yourself cannot fear the truth.

Opinions are not the truth. I do not fear opinions.

> > Correct.

> Glad you agree.

Happy to recognize the truth.

> > I welcome it.

> Funny, it doesn't seem like it.

That would speak to your deficiencies in reading comprehension.

> Seems like people who challenge you
> end up on your libel or stalker page,

There is only one person on my libel page and that would be Bob Pastorio:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

He is listed for libelous/defamatory posts on Usenet. This is a public service.
One person does not make "people."

As for the stalker page, that too is self-explanatory:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/stalking.asp

You prove your own statement false by the absense of your listing at either
location. Truth hasn't been on your side.

> have their messages maliciously
> cross posted to other groups "for their convenience",

"the only thing it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to keep silent as the
untruthful speak/write"

> have their
> integrity, faith, or language comprehension challenged,

"the only thing it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to keep silent as the
untruthful speak/write"

> and are
> subjected to various other ad hominem attacks by you.

"the only thing it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to keep silent as the
untruthful speak/write"

> Perhaps it is the opportunity to attack them that you welcome.

It is the opportunity to write truthfully that I welcome.

> > Christians becoming the Usenet community norm must be giving "Steve"
> > et al nightmares.

> Well, I can't speak for al, but I'm certainly not having any nightmares
> about it. It is too far-fetched a possibility to even seriously
> consider.

Nightmares tend to be far-fetched.

> > And start writing/postting truthfully and using their real names...

> I write and post truthfully and Steve is my real name.

Steve Nospam is unlikely to be your real name.

Just as [email protected] is unlikely to be your real email address.

> To whom are you
> referring?

Your question suggests you have a problem with reading comprehension.

> Mu, perhaps?

You seem fixated with Mu. I would suggest you seek some counseling.

> > No more pseudonyms or trading of personal insults...

> Takes two to trade :)

The untruthful are insulted by the truth.

> >> Right again.

> > Hardly.

> So you don't think you should be challenged when your medical views are
> wrong?

Your question suggests a problem with reading comprehension.

> Is this another example of the "Gift of Truth Discernment"
> which you claim to have?

This would be an example of the "Gift of Observation."

> > Truth is predictable. Truth is beautiful.

> I believe this is the logical fallacy called the "Distributed Middle"
> or "Affirming the Consequent". Par for Chung-logic, of course.

Those are statements rather than exercises in logic. The quiktrip hotdog stand is
beckoning for you.

> > Thieves are the quickest at accusing others of stealing.
> > Cheaters the quickest at accusing other of cheating.

> Distributed Middle. And I would like to see your references, since I
> don't believe the claims anyway.

Not claims but truths.

> > Hmmm, I am in love with God. If that makes me a religious fanatic, so
> > be it.

> Sorry, try again. Being in love with God doesn't make one a religious
> fanatic.

Well, make up your mind.

> > Hmmm, I know how to write code in assembly language... don't see any
> > utility in dissembling.

> Res ipsa loquitur :)

Thieves are the quickest at accusing others of stealing.
Cheaters the quickest at accusing other of cheating.

> >> True.

> > "Steve" is the last place you are likely to find anything true.

> The issue under discussion in the instant case is hypocrisy, not truth.

Comprehension problems again?

> Comprehension problems again?

I comprehend the truth.

> > A word to the wise, that's all.

> Thank you for agreeing that I am wise. I was starting to think that
> might not be your opinion.

Comprehension problems again?

Quiktrip beckons you.

Humbly,

Andrew
--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 0:37:49 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

<Incisive logical arguments by Chung snipped>

Curses!!! You win again Chung. I just don't have a good rejoinder for

"I'm rubber, you're glue.
Everything you say bounces off of me
and sticks back to you."

But be warned... I am going back to review my kindergarten notes and
will be ready for you next time... there's something about "pants on
fire" that I seem to remember.

Until then, you have my pity and I will pray for you every night before
going to bed.

--
God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

Steve wrote:

> <Quiktrip hotdog-stand humor snipped>

Don't forget to bring your kindergarten friends, Narkia, Pastorio, Lehman,
Mack, and der Konig when you return. You and they are welcome to hang up
the bed sheets you all are wearing at the door.

It has been my pleasure to bring out the truth and God's glory in all this.

You remain in my prayers.

Humbly,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Steve wrote:
>
> > <Quiktrip hotdog-stand humor snipped>

> Don't forget to bring your kindergarten friends, Narkia, Pastorio, Lehman,
> Mack, and der Konig when you return. You and they are welcome to hang up
> the bed sheets you all are wearing at the door.
>
> It has been my pleasure to bring out the truth and God's glory in all

this.

> You remain in my prayers.
>
> Humbly,
>
> Andrew

Hey Chung

If you are going to use my name, spell it correctly.
It is L e h m a n n
not L e h m a n

Was there something implied in your reference to "bed sheets"?

I got this message from God. God said you were a quack.

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Steve wrote:
>
>><Quiktrip hotdog-stand humor snipped>

Snide, a. [orig., counterfeit, bogus from thieves' slang] sly and
malicious; as a snide remark.

Snide, n. a sly and malicious person.

E-va'-sion, n.
1. an avoiding of a duty, question, fact, etc. by deceit or cleverness.
2. the means of doing this; excuse, subterfuge, equivocation, artifice.
"Thou by evasions thy crime uncoverest more." - Milton.
Synonyms - sophistry, subterfuge, prevarication, equivocation, artifice.

> Don't forget to bring your kindergarten friends, Narkia, Pastorio, Lehman,
> Mack, and der Konig when you return. You and they are welcome to hang up
> the bed sheets you all are wearing at the door.

Par-a-noi'-a, n.
in psychiatry, a mental disorder characterized by systematized
delusions, as of grandeur or, especially, persecution.

> It has been my pleasure to bring out the truth and God's glory in all this.

Dis-sem'-ble, v.i. to be hypocritical; to assume a false appearance;
to conceal the real fact, motives, intentions, or sentiments under
some false pretense.

De-lus'-ion, n.
1. the act of deluding; deception; a misleading of the mind.
2. the state of being deluded.
3. a false belief or opinion
4. in psychiatry, a false, persistent belief not substantiated by
sensory evidence.
synonyms - illusion, fallacy, deception, error, hallucination.

De-lu'-sive, a.
1. apt to deceive; tending to mislead; deceptive, beguiling...
2. characterized by delusion; deceptive.

> You remain in my prayers.

Hyp'-o-crite, n. one who feigns to be what he is not; especially one
who pretends to be pious, virtuous, etc. without really being so.
"And the hypocrite's hope shall perish." Job viii. 13.

> Humbly,

Hum'-ble, n.
1. having or showing a consciousness of one's defects or shortcomings;
not proud; not self-assertive; modest.
synonyns. - lowly, meek, submissive, unassuming, unobtrusive, unassuming.

Hu-mil'-i-ty, n.
1. the state or quality of being humble of mind or spirit; absence of
pride or self-assertion.
2. [pl] acts of self-abasement.

> Andrew

....as characterized by Webster's New Universal Unabridged Dictionary.

Pastorio

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote:

> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Steve wrote:
> >
> > > <Quiktrip hotdog-stand humor snipped>

> > Don't forget to bring your kindergarten friends, Narkia, Pastorio, Lehman,
> > Mack, and der Konig when you return. You and they are welcome to hang up
> > the bed sheets you all are wearing at the door.
> >
> > It has been my pleasure to bring out the truth and God's glory in all

> this.
> >
> > You remain in my prayers.
> >
> > Humbly,
> >
> > Andrew

> Hey Chung
>
> If you are going to use my name, spell it correctly.
> It is L e h m a n n
> not L e h m a n
>
> Was there something implied in your reference to "bed sheets"?
>
> I got this message from God. God said you were a quack.

Sounds like you are worshipping the wrong God, neighbor.

Humbly,

Andrew

--

Bob Pastorio wrote:

> <libeler's hissing from behind the pages of a dictionary snipped>

Only those who acknowledge God's supremeness can truly be humble.

You have my pity and love, neighbor.

You will remain in my prayers.

God's humble bond-servant,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Paul E. Lehmann" wrote:
>
> > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > Don't forget to bring your kindergarten friends, Narkia, Pastorio,

Lehman,
> > > Mack, and der Konig when you return. You and they are welcome to hang

up
> > > the bed sheets you all are wearing at the door.
> > >
> > > It has been my pleasure to bring out the truth and God's glory in all

> > this.
> > >
> > > You remain in my prayers.
> > >
> > > Humbly,
> > >
> > > Andrew

> > Hey Chung
> >
> > If you are going to use my name, spell it correctly.
> > It is L e h m a n n
> > not L e h m a n
> >
> > Was there something implied in your reference to "bed sheets"?
> >
> > I got this message from God. God said you were a quack.

> Sounds like you are worshipping the wrong God, neighbor.
>
> Humbly,
>
> Andrew

Ah ha, then you are saying there is more than one god.
BTW Andy, I am NOT your neighbor.

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote:

> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Paul E. Lehmann" wrote:
> >
> > > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> Lehman,

> up

> > > this.

> > > Hey Chung
> > >
> > > If you are going to use my name, spell it correctly.
> > > It is L e h m a n n
> > > not L e h m a n
> > >
> > > Was there something implied in your reference to "bed sheets"?
> > >
> > > I got this message from God. God said you were a quack.

> > Sounds like you are worshipping the wrong God, neighbor.
> >
> > Humbly,
> >
> > Andrew

> Ah ha, then you are saying there is more than one god.

Yes. There is one true God and bunches of false ones. Each atheist is a false
god worshipping himself/herself.

> BTW Andy, I am NOT your neighbor.

BTW, you are either a neighbor or a brother. Being that it appears you are
worshipping the wrong god, you remain my neighbor though I would welcome you as
a brother.

See:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

Humbly,

Andrew

--

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:

> Thorsten Schier <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> <snip>
> > My doctor isn't very interested in my nutrition.

> Would suggest you change doctors.

Right.

> > > Your doctor should either counsel you on the additional dietary
> > > changes needed for your medical condition (reactive hypoglycemia) or
> > > put you on medications to address it.

> > What medications would you suggest?

> Dietary changes should happen before adding medications.

If they failed, what medications would you suggest?

> > > Most folks can't handle eating the same kinds of foods without variety
> > > for protracted periods of time.

> > It's not as if I only ate chocolate prior to low-carbing, even if I used
> > it as an example several times now. I also consumed other sweets and
> > also "normal" food like bread, pasta, rice, sausages, meat, fruit,
> > vegetables and other things. However, even 100 g of chocolate per day or
> > an equivalent amount of other sweets in addition to a normal diet are
> > enough to gain weight over time, even if no excessive amounts of food in
> > general are consumed.

> If you are gaining weight, that alone should tell you that your intake
> is excessive.

Excessive in calories, but not in weight.

> > [...]
> > >
> > > see:
> > >
> > > http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

> > Well, judging from what others wrote about this, it does not seems to be
> > clear whether saying that someone is a "quack" necessarily means that he
> > has no medical license.

> They are being argumentative rather than truthful.
>
> > As Englisch is not not my mothertongue, I won't participate in this
> > discussion.

> That is fine.

> > > Doesn't bother me (the niceties or lack thereof). I am concerned
> > > about the truth, however.

> > > It did make things more convenient for him. Are you suggesting that
> > > he is ashamed of his behavior?

> > You know quite well that he is a subscriber to SMC as well, or else he
> > wouldn't have been able to write the post to which you reponded by
> > crossposting.

> It is clear from his Google history that he reads SMC primarily
> because he is obsessed with me. He reads the food/cooking newsgroups
> as an active and frequent participant there (ie subscriber).

So you performed a Google search on Mr. Pastorio just for his
convenience, inspite of the fact that he is a reader of SMC as well,
whatever his reasons might be to be here. A likely tale.

Isn't it a bit odd that you only seem to care for the convenience of
people in cases where you see it fit to append your "FYI Note"?

> > So it is a rather feeble excuse to say that you did it for
> > his convenience.

> You are entitled to your opinion.
>
> > Whether he is ashamed of his behavior is beside the point in this case.

> You can still answer the question freely if you choose.

I choose not to judge either you or Mr. Pastorio on your behavior.

> > By crossposting, you created a new thread in another newsgroup in which
> > you accused Mr. Pastorio of a certain behavior.

> Was not an accusation but a revelation.

An accusation remains an accusation even if it might be a revelation as
well.

> > A reader in that
> > newsgroup who has not read _this_ thread in SMC and who is not
> > interested in reading this thread might form his opinion on Mr. Pastorio
> > solely on your post, so that Mr. Pastorios reputation in that group
> > might be negatively influenced by your post independently of his
> > behavior.

> You describe it as my post, however, the information and content was
> largely Mr. Pastorio's.

However, in your appended note, you write about things that never took
place in rec.food.cooking so that the people there have only your note
to judge on this unless they choose to read all this up.

> > Only thing is, this kind of backfired on you, since at least
> > the answers we could read on SMC seemed to support Mr. Pastorio.

> Does not matter to me. My intention was for Mr. Pastorio's
> convenience.

Yeah, right ... You only have Mr. Pastorio's best interests in mind.

> > Please note that I'm not judging you on this. This is not kindergarten
> > (or at least, it shouldn't be), nor am I the gardener to decide who his
> > right and who is wrong.

> Gardener?

The person who looks after all those children in kindergarten ...

> > > among other suggestions.

> > > It helps folks understand Mr. Pastorio's perspective of worshipping
> > > food instead of God.

> > I wasn't aware that Mr. Pastorio worships food. Could you point me to
> > post where he states anything like this?

> There is not one specific post. It is inferred from his posting
> history. He implies it when he describes his life pursuits.

Perhaps we have a very different idea about what "to worship" means ...

> > > Does his claims that POWs in prison camps eat more than 2 pounds of
> > > food daily make sense to you?

> > Fortunatly I never was a POW, so I have no experience about this. I
> > would say this depends on the circumstances. As we learned from Mu, the
> > US prefers to starve their prisoners.

> Perhaps you should read this:
>
> http://stewthornley.net/hthornley_pow.html

The Nazis were not exactly known for humane treatment of prisoners. So,
I hope this report isn't represantative for the treatment of POWs, at
least not today.

> > > You would think a chef would know that.

> > > Only in the presence of carbs. Without carbs, the fats are
> > > incompletely catabolised to ketones and wasted in the urine.

> > This is _not_ true.

> Sorry, but when it is in the urine and the breath, it is a waste.
>
> > Ketones are not a waste product.

> See above.

There are a few mg/dl of glucose in the urine, too (in non-diabetics
without kidney disease). So are you claiming that glucose is a waste
product?

> > They are produced
> > by the liver to provide the brain, muscles and other tissues with fuel.

> Biochemically, it remains incomplete catabolism.

Following this logic you would have to claim that carbohydrates are
metabolised incompletely as well.

> > In those tissues they _are_ completely catabolised.

> In the breath and urine, they are not.
>
> > Usually only a very
> > minor part of them get excreted in the urine or the breath.

> Minor remains wastage.

A very minor part of them are wasted, right, as is the case with
glucose.

> > If your
> > biochemistry textbook states otherwise, you should consider buying a new
> > one.

> My biochemistry text says that ketones happen when the Kreb cycle
> shuts down making reduced NADH rate limiting for lipid catabolism.
> Perhaps, you should reread your biochemistry text.

This is how the production of ketones in the liver is controled. And
this happens only in the liver, not in tissues like the brain, the heart
or other muscles, where the Krebs cycle is _not_ shut down.

Btw, your biochemistry textbook does not even get the name of the cycle
right: it's called the Krebs cycle, named after the scientist Hans
Krebs.

> > Besides that, noone suggested that the climbers only ate butter.

> You are missing the point.

Hardly.

> > > Not as large as some folks like Pastorio would have you believe.

> > Now let's see. The dehydrated chives I usually buy weigh 12,5 g per
> > glass. On the label it says that this is equivalent to 185 g of fresh
> > chives. So the dehydrated product weighs less then one tenth of the
> > fresh one. Of course this won't be the case for every kind of food,
> > however, the less calories a food has, the water it usually contains and
> > the more weight can be lost by dehydrating.

> The most calorie-dense foods tend to have less water content from the
> outset.

That was what I was saying ...

> > > Helps to understand Mr. Pastorio's perspective. His motivation to
> > > libel and defame.

> > Are you suggesting that atheists are more prone libeling or defaming
> > then those who believe in a God?

> An atheist who hates God is more likely to act hatefully toward those
> who love God.

Atheists don't hate God. There's just no point in hating someone who
does not even exist.

> > > Is it your claim that it is logical to claim something and yet reject
> > > something in the same sentence?

> > I did no such thing.

> Perhaps you should reread that sentence.

I did no such thing. If you believe otherwise you elaborate on this.

> > > Including the 2PD approach.

> > > Weight watchers would be a counterexample.

> > > The instructions on the HeartMDPhD.com web site is very clear about
> > > doctor supervision. Is english also your *fifth* language?

> > It's my second. Doctor supervision is recommended by most diet books.
> > However, you surely realise that it is not quite the same to be
> > supervised by the inventor of a diet or by some doctor whose knowledge
> > and/or interest in nutrition in general and the diet in particular might
> > be limited.

> The instructions remain clear.

That's beside the point. The point is that the diet works under special
circumstances (or at least yyou say it does), one of them being your
personal supervision to the dieter. That is no proof that the diet wil
work just as well under different circumstances.

> > > By all means, allow your doctor to make that recommendation for you.

> > I decide for myself which vitamins or other nutrients I take.

> Hopefully, with your doctor's guidance.

Er, no.

> > > How about weighing it to be more certain?

> > I think there would be little point in knowing exactly the weight of
> > what I eat because it would probably more reflect the water content of
> > what I eat than anything else. For example, if I eat a soup, it will of
> > course weigh more than when I eat something without that much water. In
> > fact, I suspect that my nutrition might even be healthier on those days
> > where I eat more in weight, because it will likely contain more
> > vegetables.

> See:
>
> http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtlossfaqs.asp

My point does not seem to be adressed there.

> > > 100 grams being a fifth of a pound is more than 3 ounces.
> > >
> > > Being that you have reactive hypoglycemia, your doctor should probably
> > > advise you against consuming it.

> > Yes, she should. However, she even advised me to begin the day with
> > eating or drinking something with sugar, like orange juice or some
> > sweets, because she was concerned about my low fasting blood sugar.

> Sounds like you need to change doctors.

Right.

> > > Why?

> > Most of those you cited, didn't seem to have the diet themselves. This
> > is a bit odd, if this diet is really that successfull.

> Here in the U.S., doctors protect the privacy of my patients.
> Perhaps, they don't do that where you live.

No, it isn't. However, where I live, patients have the right to talk (or
write) about their experiences with diets. Perhaps, they don't have that
right where you live.

> > > Not the folks on the 2PD approach.

> > Perhaps because they are constantly losing muscle?

> Not in my experience.

How are you measuring that?

> > > Yes, by switching to the 2PD approach.

> > Most people manage without.

> Not in my experience.

Your experience seems to be limited.

> > > That would be an urban legend propagated by personal trainers to keep
> > > from being fired.

> > That people on your diet don't gain muscle does not say that they don't
> > do it on other diets, particularly if those diets are relatively high in
> > protein and the dieters do some exercise.

> Muscles do not hypertrophy from increased protein intake.

People often gain muscles when they start exercising. Unless of course
they are on a diet deficient in protein, as the 2lb diet might often be.

> > > Which need carbs to be efficiently metabolized.

> > Er, no. See above.

> Er, yes. See your biochemistry textbook.

See above.

Thorsten

--
"Nothing in biology makes sense, except in the light of evolution"

(Theodosius Dobzhansky)

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Bob Pastorio wrote:
>
>><libeler's hissing from behind the pages of a dictionary snipped>

Hiss, v.i. to make a sound like that of the letter "S" by forcing the
breath between the tongue and the upper teeth, especially in contempt
or disapproval.

> Only those who acknowledge God's supremeness can truly be humble.

"Supremacy" not supremeness. I bet English is Chung's sixth language.

Hum'-ble, n.
1. having or showing a consciousness of one's defects or shortcomings;
not proud; not self-assertive; modest.
synonyms. - lowly, meek, submissive, unassuming, unobtrusive, unassuming.

Hu-mil'-i-ty, n.
1. the state or quality of being humble of mind or spirit; absence of
pride or self-assertion.
2. [pl] acts of self-abasement.

> You have my pity and love, neighbor.

Love, n.
1. a strong affection for or attachment or devotion to a person or
persons.
2. a strong liking for or interest in something; as, her love of acting.
3. a strong, usually passionate, affection for a person of the
opposite sex.
4. the person who is the object of such an affection; a sweetheart; a
lover.
5. sexual passion or its gratification.
6. (a) cupid or eros as the god of love; (b) Venus.
7. in tennis, a score of zero.
8. in theology, (a) God's benevolent concern for mankind; (b) man's
devout attachment to God; (c) the feeling of benevolence and
brotherhood that people should have for each other.

Be-nev'-o-lence, n.
1. any inclination to do good; good will; kindness; charitableness.
2. an act of kindness; good done; charity given; gift.
Synonyms - kindness, benignity, tenderness, alms-giving, beneficence,
bounty, charity, generosity, good will, humanity, kindheartedness,
kindliness, liberality, munificence, philanthropy.

> You will remain in my prayers.
>
> God's humble bond-servant,

Hyp'-o-crite, n. one who feigns to be what he is not; especially one
who pretends to be pious, virtuous, etc. without really being so.
"And the hypocrite's hope shall perish." Job viii. 13.

Pastorio

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Paul E. Lehmann" wrote:
>
> > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

message

> > Lehman,

hang
> > up

all

> > > Sounds like you are worshipping the wrong God, neighbor.
> > >
> > > Humbly,
> > >
> > > Andrew

> > Ah ha, then you are saying there is more than one god.

> Yes. There is one true God and bunches of false ones. Each atheist is a

false
> god worshipping himself/herself.

Who made your god, Andy?
Your god is a relatively new kid on the block as far as gods go. Do you
know the history of your god?

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote:

> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Paul E. Lehmann" wrote:
> >
> > > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> message

> > > Lehman,

> hang
> > > up

> all

> > > Ah ha, then you are saying there is more than one god.

> > Yes. There is one true God and bunches of false ones. Each atheist is a

> false
> > god worshipping himself/herself.

> Who made your god, Andy?

No one.

> Your god is a relatively new kid on the block as far as gods go.

He made everything. Before Him, there was nothing.

> Do you
> know the history of your god?

Yes.

Humbly,