Very high triglyceride numbers (what does it mean, what can be done)?

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:13:15 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> Matti Narkia wrote:

<snipped>

>> So as far as I'm concerned, it's 2-0 to Mr. Pastorio. What that makes of
>> you?

> Truthful. You're still hanging out in the peanut gallery, Matti.

You know, Chung, this may come as a surprise to you but most people
would probably think more of you rather than less if you just admitted
that you made a mistake and apologized to Mr. Pastorio.

Trying to justify your error by tortuously distorting the language only
compounds your folly and reveals you for the dissembler you are.

--
God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

Matti Narkia wrote:

> Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:44:21 -0500 in article
> <[email protected]> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Larry Blanchard wrote:
> >
> >> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

> >> Excellent post!
> >>

> >It does prove that God has given us free will. Even to libelers like Mr.
> >Pastorio (http://www.heartmdphd.asp/libel.asp)
> >

> The American Heritage® Dictionary defines the noun "libel" as follows:
>
> NOUN: 1a. A false publication, as in writing, print, signs,
> or pictures, that damages a person's reputation. b. The
> act of presenting such material to the public.
>
> 2. The written claims presented by a plaintiff in an
> action at admiralty law or to an ecclesiastical court.
>
> Where can we find a _false_ publication by Mr. Pastorio that damages your
> reputation?

See the links at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

> A publication, which damages your reputation, but is not
> false, is not a libel.

Mr. Pastorio's claims and statements are blatantly false to the most casual
observer.

> If you cannot point out such a _false_ publication, you may by definition
> yourself be guilty of libel.

See above.

God's humble bond-servant,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

Matti Narkia wrote:

> <snip>
> >> I'm sorry, but I couldn't find there any statement by Mr. Pastorio, where
> >> he would claim that there is no God.
> >>

> >"But first you have to prove that it's the word of god without quoting
> >the book itself. Try another source. There isn't one."
> >

> Here Mr. Pastorio just says that there is no alternative source proving
> that the bible is the word of God. He is _not_ saying that there is no
> God.

Let Mr. Pastorio publically state there is a God and perhaps you'll convince somebody.

> His statement is absolutely correct.

This goes to your bias.

> There is no _proof_ that the bible is
> the word of God.

You'll have it when you die.

> It's the matter of _belief_.

It's called knowledge through faith.

> And in fact according to my
> knowledge many history researchers and even theologians nowadays have an
> opinion that the bible has been written by human beings.

The Bible is more than the written words on paper or any other medium.

> >> So as far as I'm concerned, it's 2-0 to Mr. Pastorio. What that makes of
> >> you?

> >Truthful. You're still hanging out in the peanut gallery, Matti.
> >

> I'm sorry, it's still 2 for Mr. Pastorio and 0 for Dr. Chung.

In your opinion.

God's humble bond-servant,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

says...
> Larry Blanchard wrote:

> > > This is a wonderful essay in self-referential exposition. A perfect
> > > example of begging the question.

> > Excellent post!
> >

> It does prove that God has given us free will. Even to libelers like Mr.
> Pastorio (http://www.heartmdphd.asp/libel.asp)
>
> "There will be a time when every head will bow..."

Doc, if you keep up the religious fanaticism, we're going to start
calling you Osama Bin Chung.

Not to mention ruining what has been an informative newsgroup.

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Matti Narkia wrote:
>
>><snip>

>>>"But first you have to prove that it's the word of god without quoting
>>>the book itself. Try another source. There isn't one."

>>Here Mr. Pastorio just says that there is no alternative source proving
>>that the bible is the word of God. He is _not_ saying that there is no
>>God.

> Let Mr. Pastorio publically state there is a God and perhaps you'll convince somebody.

Smokescreens from Chung, like always. Diversionary tactics, like
always when he's thoroughly discredited. I said there's no alternative
source documenting the bible as word of god. No reference to god's
reality included or implied. Chung has to seize on it - or anything he
can - to try to steer attention away from his rather dramatic logical
and intellectual faux pas.

But just to remove this as an element of Chung's dissembling and
distortion, herewith is a very simple declaration. Mr. Pastorio
believes there is a god. I have never said or implied otherwise. I
have said that I seriously considered becoming a clergyman. I attended
religious schools up through high school and university.

>>His statement is absolutely correct.

> This goes to your bias.

Hardly. It goes to logic and fact. Now it's time for Chung to name
another source that documents, proves, that the bible is the word of god.

>>There is no _proof_ that the bible is
>>the word of God.

> You'll have it when you die.

Another non sequitur. This is a matter of Chung's faith, not a fact in
evidence. Upon what proof does Chung base this assertion?

>>It's the matter of _belief_.

> It's called knowledge through faith.

This is a logical absurdity. Faith is belief. Knowledge is fact based.
It's like saying "I firmly and truly believe I can fly, so I can."

The very concept of "knowledge through faith" is frightening coming
from someone who has identified himself as a man of science. Science
asserts that there is no sure knowledge except that which is proven.
Dictionary definitions assert that knowledge has to have an observable
source. These ideas preclude conferring any dignity to the idea that
faith can generate knowledge. It's another sham merely to offer Chung
another one of his smarmy, face-saving, weasel-moves. More
realistically, it merely shows his ego-bound arrogance and his
anti-humility - his hubris.

>>And in fact according to my
>>knowledge many history researchers and even theologians nowadays have an
>>opinion that the bible has been written by human beings.

> The Bible is more than the written words on paper or any other medium.

Thus spake Zarathustra Chung. It's time for Chung to name another
source that documents that the bible is the word of god. That it "is
more than the written words on paper or any other medium." I say there
is no *proof* and eagerly await some from Chung.

>>>Truthful. You're still hanging out in the peanut gallery, Matti.
>>>

>>I'm sorry, it's still 2 for Mr. Pastorio and 0 for Dr. Chung.

> In your opinion.

Precisely. Just as this frantic dissembling is merely Chung's wildly
overheated, desperately scrabbling opinion.

<gasp, gasp> Can't... be... even... slightly... incorrect...

Panic, panic...

Poor, intellectually shackled Chung. I wait with bated breath for
proof from Chung that the bible is the word of god. What I believe is
different than what I can prove.

Pastorio

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:56:32 -0800, Larry Blanchard
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
>says...
>> Larry Blanchard wrote:
>>
>> > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

>> > Excellent post!
>> >

>> It does prove that God has given us free will. Even to libelers like Mr.
>> Pastorio (http://www.heartmdphd.asp/libel.asp)
>>
>> "There will be a time when every head will bow..."
>>

>Doc, if you keep up the religious fanaticism, we're going to start
>calling you Osama Bin Chung.

But it does give all of us a first hand idea of how impossible it is
to reason with the fanatics. They know the truth. They are right. Just
ask them. <grin>

>Not to mention ruining what has been an informative newsgroup.

I would agree. Always gets in the last word, so threads go on forever.
If he gets in the last word, he thinks he is right. He gives out very
little useful information, and almost never with any science backup.
[Fanatics know the truth, so why would he need backup?] Even that
small amount is polluted with his fanaticism. Hard to know what is
valid and what is fanaticism.

The best thing for the newsgroup would be for him become a missionary
deep in the jungles of Africa, with no possible connection to the
Internet.
Matt

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Matti Narkia wrote:

>>>It does prove that God has given us free will. Even to libelers like Mr.
>>>Pastorio (http://www.heartmdphd.asp/libel.asp)
>>>

>>The American Heritage® Dictionary defines the noun "libel" as follows:
>>
>> NOUN: 1a. A false publication, as in writing, print, signs,
>> or pictures, that damages a person's reputation. b. The
>> act of presenting such material to the public.
>>
>> 2. The written claims presented by a plaintiff in an
>> action at admiralty law or to an ecclesiastical court.
>>
>>Where can we find a _false_ publication by Mr. Pastorio that damages your
>>reputation?

> See the links at:
>
> http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

Why don't we do that? The first pretty blue link on the page says,
"You're a quack in Atlanta..." Notice those three dots at the end of
his quote? They mean that he omitted something from a full quotation.
Here's where it actually appears:

Chung says this after being showed that the Everest climbers did not
live on 10 pounds of food per week:
> I am waiting for those Everest climbers to email me that
> refutation...

Pastorio says:
One takes no notice of mosquitos. You are beneath their observation.
You mean less than a change of socks to them. Why should they even
bother to notice you? You're a quack in Atlanta and they have real
lives that use reason and intelligence. By contrast.

I bet they haven't bothered to refute that guy on the late news who
says that UFOs took him away and put him on top of Everest and later
brought him back. Same level of intelligence and integrity.
<<<<<< end quote >>>>>>>>

The next quote on that web page is: "What a fraud."

Here's the exchange that generated that:

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:

> Bob Pastorio <[email protected]> wrote
> > Same old same old. For weight loss, prisoners of war do just

fine. > > They all lose weight. And it only takes years to get them
back to
> > health.

> Last I checked, POWs get less than 2PD.

Why am I skeptical that you checked anything? What a fraud.

I mean you couldn't be bothered to check what those mountain climbers
were eating and they were the reason for your "epiphany" about how the
whole world should live. Some guy have some hard, dry food and the
lightbulb goes off over your head. "Eureka," you shout, "It's *THE*
answer to all mankind's ills. Just eat like those guys do."

Your calculations about rehydration were pure and simple nonsense.
Your "guess" that not much rehydration was going on was even more
silly. Both the marks of a person who has never eaten freeze-dried
survival provisions.
<<<<<<<<< end quote >>>>>>>>>>>

The next quote is so badly misrepresented that it, all by itself, is
enough reason to call a liar and deliberate deceiver.

Here's what Chung put on the web site:
We know Mr. Pastorio is doing it willfully because on 7/25/2003 when
asked whether he thought it wise to libel/defame Dr. Chung, he wrote:

"Yes, I do."
<<<<<<< end quote >>>>>>>>>

Here's what was actually said.

> Chef Pastorio wrote:
>
> "... You're a quack in Atlanta ..."
>
> http://groups.google.com/[email protected]
>
> Do you think writing that was wise, Chef Pastorio?

Yes, I do.

When the long string of your behaviors leads to that same conclusion
from many people who post in the groups I see you in, the consensus
has a bit of force. When simple logic either escapes you or you
deliberately evade it or you outright lie (as you did when you tried
to assert that I said POWs ate more than 2 pounds of food a day), then
your image certainly isn't that of a responsible scientist dealing in
facts. Your posting URLs in "support" of your silly 2PoundDiet that
were irrelevant to any of your contentions makes you look less than
diligent. The "testimonials" on your web site that aren't anything of
the sort can logically give rise to the idea that perhaps you take
superficial views of all that's up there. The net effect is to be
forced to question a good deal about your focus, your understanding of
the scientific method, and the logic of scientific exploration.

Your ever-changing explanation about teh food the Everest climbers had
makes it look like the "diet" must be defended no matter the method
and no matter the truth.

Are you a competent doctor? I have no direct experience I can base an
opinion on, so I haven't gone there. But your persona online can be
fairly criticized for a lot of what seem to be less than honest
postings.

Your smarmy innuendo that I use illegal mushrooms is another one. That
casts me in a bad light of being a drug user and breaking the law, and
you made it up whole cloth merely to throw out damaging aspersions and
win "points" for yourself. Calling me "chef" with a tone that implied
it's somehow disreputable or dishonorable to be one is another. Using
that as a title with teh implications that it meant a limited
education is another. Maybe shift around to demonstrate the purity of
your heart and call me "writer" or "father of 4" or "international
traveller" or "speaker of many languages" or "consultant" or "food
manufacturer" or "all-around good egg." Your intent with your sneering
tone has been to denigrate me. That's fine. But when you get it back,
your whining is ludicrous.

Chung, your threats are the hollow echoes of an empty barrel. You have
offered exactly teh same sorts of what you say are libelous statements
in the course of your many posts. It would be good if you examined
your own words and works. And your concurrence with the scurrilous
postings of your shadow Mu. Silence is assent under those
circumstances. You speak with him and let him speak for you. Innocent?
The person without sin casting the first stone? No.

Pastorio
<<<<<<<<<< end quote >>>>>>>>>>>>

And the most egregious bit of oily dishonesty, the attempt to create
an impression of some sort of justification for "investigating" me.
The single most telling bit of used-car smarminess; this link:

Click here if you are involved in investigating Mr. Pastorio.
<<<<<<< end quote >>>>>>>>>

There is nothing I have said that is false in any of the pieces
offered by Chung as evidence that I did post such falsities. The
greater fact is that he has lied both by commission and omission in
this web page of his.

>>A publication, which damages your reputation, but is not
>>false, is not a libel.

> Mr. Pastorio's claims and statements are blatantly false to the most casual
> observer.

Not a chance. There is no *proof* that anything I've said is untrue.
No more proof for that than for the 2PD or Chung's wacko al-qaida
brand of fundamentalist christianity.

Chung's statements above, on the page and on the rest of web site are
very often simply lies, to any observer, casual or studious. Check out
the "testimonials" that he picked up from the net and used without
asking anyone if he could use them.

>>If you cannot point out such a _false_ publication, you may by definition
>>yourself be guilty of libel.

> See above.

Indeed, See above. And hear the rolling thunder of demolition of
Chung's spurious claims.

Pastorio

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 9:46:00 -0500, Steve <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:13:15 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
>(in message <[email protected]>):
>
>> Matti Narkia wrote:

><snipped>
>>>
>>> So as far as I'm concerned, it's 2-0 to Mr. Pastorio. What that makes of
>>> you?

>> Truthful. You're still hanging out in the peanut gallery, Matti.

>You know, Chung, this may come as a surprise to you but most people
>would probably think more of you rather than less if you just admitted
>that you made a mistake and apologized to Mr. Pastorio.

It will not happen. If you always know the truth, then it is not
possible to make a mistake.

You are trying to be reasonable with a fanatic. A big waste of time.
Matt

Matti Narkia wrote:

> Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:47:21 +0200 in article
> <[email protected]> Matti Narkia
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:13:15 -0500 in article
> ><[email protected]> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
> ><[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >>You avoided the term "fraud" which clarifies Mr. Pastorio's use of "quack" to mean someone pretending to be
> >>a physician (ie one who claims to be a doctor but is not one... iow, a person w/o a medical license).
> >>

> >Mr. Pastorio used word "fraud" in a different context than word quack,
> >even in the different message. With the word "fraud" he was referring to
> >your questionable debating tactics (it _is_ questionable). He was _not_
> >implying that you don't have medical license.
> >

> On the second look I noticed that Mr. Pastorio used the word "fraud" also
> once in the end of the first message. But this was also clearly in the
> different context and in a different chapter than the word "quack".
> According to my understanding also in this message the word "fraud" was
> used to describe your questionable debating tactics, and _not_ to claim
> that you don't have medical license.

You seem to be of the opinion that talking to oneself enhances credibility.

Humbly,

Andrew

--

Matti Narkia wrote:

> Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:33:06 -0500 in article
> <[email protected]> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Matti Narkia wrote:
> >
> >> , and that consumption of some high fat foods such as
> >> fatty fish and fish oil, nuts, almonds and almond oil, and extra virgin
> >> olive oil is highly recommendable.
> >>

> >Not for the obese. I take it that you are buying into the "oil" commercials...
> >
> >"don't change your eating habits... change your oil"
> >

> [snip]

> >>Distracted? What arrogance. Dr. Willett is one of world's leading, if not
> >>_the_ leading nutrition researcher, who has been an author in many
> >>milestone studies. Much of our current and future knowledge of nutrition
> >>relies on the efforts of Dr. Willett's research team.
> >>
> >>See also the studies above. They provide compelling evidence that fat
> >>quality, i.e. the type of fat, is far more important than fat quantity.
> >>
> >>BTW, do you have any qualifications at all in the field of nutrition?

> I notice that you didn't reply to this question. So I take that the answer
> is no.

The truth is I am qualified as a medical doctor to advise my patients on matters of
nutrition.

Humbly,

Andrew

--

Larry Blanchard wrote:

> says...
> > Larry Blanchard wrote:
> >
> > > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

> > > Excellent post!
> > >

> > It does prove that God has given us free will. Even to libelers like Mr.
> > Pastorio (http://www.heartmdphd.asp/libel.asp)
> >
> > "There will be a time when every head will bow..."
> >

> Doc, if you keep up the religious fanaticism, we're going to start
> calling you Osama Bin Chung.

You must be part of that collective referred to in another thread. Perhaps you
should change your name to Larry Borg.

> Not to mention ruining what has been an informative newsgroup.

The door is to your left. God did give you free will. You may use it any time.

Humbly,

Andrew

--

[email protected]ere wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:56:32 -0800, Larry Blanchard
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
> >says...

> >> It does prove that God has given us free will. Even to libelers like Mr.
> >> Pastorio (http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp)
> >>
> >> "There will be a time when every head will bow..."
> >>

> >Doc, if you keep up the religious fanaticism, we're going to start
> >calling you Osama Bin Chung.

> But it does give all of us a first hand idea of how impossible it is
> to reason with the fanatics.

Sounds like you have been trying to reason with your own reflection. Beware of
folks who would call others fanatics.

> They know the truth.

Depends on the person. If the person knows Christ, then the answer would be
"yes."

> They are right.

God is right.

> Just
> ask them. <grin>

You may ask God.

> >Not to mention ruining what has been an informative newsgroup.

> I would agree.

You have free will for God gave it to you.

> Always gets in the last word, so threads go on forever.

Seem like they only last for fleeting seconds to me.

> If he gets in the last word, he thinks he is right.

You'll know the truth when you die.

> He gives out very
> little useful information,

You don't have to hang out here if you don't find the information useful.
Remember, you have free will.

> and almost never with any science backup.

Almost always when needed.

> [Fanatics know the truth, so why would he need backup?]

Wouldn't know... I'm not a fanatic... however, I am a cardiologist who also
happens to be a humble bond-servant of God.

> Even that
> small amount is polluted with his fanaticism. Hard to know what is
> valid and what is fanaticism.

The untruthful believe the world to be polluted by truth.

> The best thing for the newsgroup would be for him become a missionary
> deep in the jungles of Africa, with no possible connection to the
> Internet.

If that were God's will, it would be so.

> Matt

Thank you for demonstrating that even the godless have free will.

Humbly,

Andrew

--

[email protected]ere wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 9:46:00 -0500, Steve <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:13:15 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
> >(in message <[email protected]>):
> >
> >> Matti Narkia wrote:

> ><snipped>

> >> Truthful. You're still hanging out in the peanut gallery, Matti.

> >You know, Chung, this may come as a surprise to you but most people
> >would probably think more of you rather than less if you just admitted
> >that you made a mistake and apologized to Mr. Pastorio.

> It will not happen. If you always know the truth, then it is not
> possible to make a mistake.

You either know the truth or you don't. Knowing the truth does not make you a
god (ie one incapable of making mistakes).

The truth remains that Mr. Pastorio is a libeler:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

Mr. Pastorio has my pity, my love, and my forgiveness. The legal system will be
less forgiving. Death will be less forgiving.

> You are trying to be reasonable with a fanatic. A big waste of time.
> Matt

Probably what most folks are feeling when they read your posts.

Humbly,

Andrew

--

Bob Pastorio <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [...]

> > Except those who know Jesus Christ.
> >
> > From John 14:
> >
> > 6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one
> > comes to the Father except through me..."
> >
> > http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

> This is a wonderful essay in self-referential exposition. A perfect
> example of begging the question. Using the subject as definition of
> the subject. "The bible is true because it's the word of god." Right.
> But first you have to prove that it's the word of god without quoting
> the book itself. Try another source. There isn't one. You either
> believe or not, and no amount of cajoling and exhorting generates
> faith. There are no proofs for faith. There are no rational
> justifications. You either believe or not.
>
> Chung makes the fatal error of equating faith with knowledge. Of
> equating belief with fact. Of equating *his* belief with absolute
> truth all the while ignoring vast portions of the bible that are
> inconvenient to his hubris. He equates the arrogance of his
> exclusionary belief with humility, defying all rational definition of
> "faith" and "humility."
>
> All fanatics believe themselves to have an exclusive grasp on truth.
> All fundamentalists believe they have an exclusive pipeline to god.
> All propagandists believe that if they shout loudly enough or repeat
> themselves enough that all will be convinced and converted.
> All egotists believe that anyone who doesn't agree with them is
> foolish and generally inferior to them.
> All True Believers believe that their faith covers everything about
> everything and that they KNOW what is proper and what isn't out to
> 100% of all issues and questions.
>
> The True Believers also believe that anything they do in their
> perverse understanding of their "cause" is acceptable. That nothing is
> immoral or unethical in the cause of their religion, their faith. That
> any harm and any inconvenience caused to others is acceptable because
> it's for a noble cause. They may say anything, imply anything, slander
> and libel anyone, distort and dissemble, even outright lie to gain
> ascendancy and remain atop that moral high ground. It's the madness of
> the terrorist, the nullity of the martyr.
>
> That True Believer has one fatal flaw. His belief is so
> all-encompassing that it cannot have, must not have, any flaws. His
> belief is finally fragile because it must be absolute or all of it
> falls. So the TB cannot grant even the smallest point to anyone who
> doesn't agree with him. He cannot offer true compassion to anyone who
> doesn't agree with him 100% He cannot indicate any unsurety in his
> belief. The TB is, finally, a fraud because of the enormous distance
> and cognitive dissonance between action and words. The truly sad part
> of it is that the TB has no idea of his weakness and frailty. No idea
> of his appearance of folly and dishonesty. No idea that his relentless
> hypocrisy is his own strongest opponent and most strident critic.

You are such a theological expert, Mr. Pastorio.

How did you come to hate Christ so much?

Is it because you love food so much?

So much so that you would sacrifice your health to it and develop
coronary disease?

You still have my pity, my love, and my forgiveness, neighbor.

FYI Note: Because the author of the message is a rec.food.cooking
subscriber (per Google), I have added RFC for his convenience. If you
are upset about reading this message, a few suggestions:

(1) Yell at Bob
(2) Report Bob to his ISP
(3) Killfile this thread.
(4) Killfile me.
(5) Read about free speech.

This discussion(s) is related to the 2 pound diet approach (2PD) which
is described completely at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

Though Dr. Chung invented this approach, he did not initiate the
Usenet discussion(s). His participation in this discussion(s) has
been voluntary and has been conducted in the spirit of community
service. His motivation has been entirely altruistic and has arisen
from his religious beliefs as a Christian. Jesus freely gave of
Himself to better the health of folks He touched:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are
vehemently opposed to the 2 pound diet approach. They have debated
Dr. Chung on every perceived weakness of the 2 pound diet approach and
have lost the argument soundly at every point:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtlossfaqs.asp

These debates are archived on Google in their entirety within this
discussion thread(s).

However, instead of conceding gracefully that they've lost the
argument(s), certain parties have redirected their hatred of the 2
pound diet approach toward its author. The rationale appears to be
"if you can not discredit the message then try to discredit the
messenger."

Initially, these folks accused the messenger of "trolling." A "troll"
is someone who posts under the cloak of anonymity messages with no
redeeming discussion value and with the sole purpose of starting
"flame" wars.

These hateful folks lost credibility with this accusation when the
following observations were made:

(1) Dr. Chung has not been posting anonymously.
(2) The 2PD has been on-topic for the Usenet discussion groups hosting
the discussion(s).
(a) Those who are failing low-carbing can dovetail LC with the
2PD to achieve near-ideal weight.
(b) Obese diabetics improve their blood glucose control when
their weight becomes near-ideal.
(c) For (b) see: http://tinyurl.com/levc
(3) Dr. Chung did not start the discussion(s).
(4) The 2 pound diet approach is 100% free (no profit motive).
(5) Dr. Chung's credentials are real and easily verified on-line
(including jpegs of the actual diplomas).

Full of hatred, frustration, and desperation, certain individuals have
tried to attack Dr. Chung's credentials knowing full well that they
were attempting to libel him. One notable example is Mr. Pastorio:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

When the full light was cast on Mr. Pastorio's libelous statements,
the hateful folks hiding in the darkness of anonymity only hissed
louder in support of their fallen hero.

Fortunately, those who have been following this discussion(s) either
actively or as lurkers can easily dismiss the hisses, for what they
are, using the on-line third-party resources at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/profile.asp

where Dr. Chung's credentials can be verified many times over and
libelous claims that credentials were bought are easily and summarily
debunked.

Moreover, readers need only make the following observations concerning
the anon posters who continue to hiss (ie JC Der Koenig and Mack):

(1) They are anonymous and thus they expect to have no credibility (or
accountability).
(2) They are by their Usenet history courtesy of Google, unsavory
characters.
(3) They have not added anything to the discussion(s) except to
deliver one-sided insults.
(4) They complain about alleged cross-posts from Dr. Chung by
cross-posting.
(5) They do not complain about cross-posts from folks who attack the
2PD or its author.

and conclude that these anon posters deserve only their kill file.

It is my hope that the above brings new readers of this thread up to
speed.

It will remain my pleasure to continue the discussion(s) about the 2PD
above the din of hissing from the peanut gallery.

Sincerely,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:07:40 -0500 in article
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Matti Narkia wrote:
>
>> Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:47:21 +0200 in article
>> <[email protected]> Matti Narkia
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:13:15 -0500 in article
>> ><[email protected]> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"

>> >Mr. Pastorio used word "fraud" in a different context than word quack,
>> >even in the different message. With the word "fraud" he was referring to
>> >your questionable debating tactics (it _is_ questionable). He was _not_
>> >implying that you don't have medical license.
>> >

>> On the second look I noticed that Mr. Pastorio used the word "fraud" also
>> once in the end of the first message. But this was also clearly in the
>> different context and in a different chapter than the word "quack".
>> According to my understanding also in this message the word "fraud" was
>> used to describe your questionable debating tactics, and _not_ to claim
>> that you don't have medical license.

>You seem to be of the opinion that talking to oneself enhances credibility.

Pathetic.

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> FYI Note: Because the author of the message is a rec.food.cooking
> subscriber (per Google), I have added RFC for his convenience. If you
> are upset about reading this message, a few suggestions:
>
> (1) Yell at Bob
> (2) Report Bob to his ISP
> (3) Killfile this thread.
> (4) Killfile me.
> (5) Read about free speech.

(6) Don't cross-post: it is considered quite rude especially when off-topic.
(7) Keep your flame wars to email. Nobody else cares.

Never argue with an idiot: he will drag you down to his level and then
beat you with experience.

Heed that advice, Bob. Look what you got yourself into.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:42:42 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> [...]

>> belief. The TB is, finally, a fraud because of the enormous distance
>> and cognitive dissonance between action and words. The truly sad part
>> of it is that the TB has no idea of his weakness and frailty. No idea
>> of his appearance of folly and dishonesty. No idea that his relentless
>> hypocrisy is his own strongest opponent and most strident critic.
>>
>> What a profoundly sad waste.
>>
>> Pastorio

> You are such a theological expert, Mr. Pastorio.
>
> How did you come to hate Christ so much?
>
> Is it because you love food so much?
>
> So much so that you would sacrifice your health to it and develop
> coronary disease?
>
> You still have my pity, my love, and my forgiveness, neighbor.
>
> FYI Note: Because the author of the message is a rec.food.cooking
> subscriber (per Google), I have added RFC for his convenience.

Outrageous, even for you, Chung. You are losing whatever touch you had
with reality.

> This discussion(s) is related to the 2 pound diet approach (2PD)

No, it's not related at all. However, since you insist on making it
so, as a public service I will add:

I have developed the Two Foot Diet approach (2FD) as a replacement for
Dr. Chung's Amazing Logic Defying Two Pound Diet to avoid having to
carry a scale around.

Following Dr. Chung's scientific approach, as described on his website,
in 2003, my wife and I watched an IMAX film about climbing the Bavarian
Alps and learned that despite their exhausting regimen, the climbers
consumed only 10 packages of wieners per week. That's less than 2 feet
of wieners per day! Since none of the climbers died from starvation, I
think it is safe to assume that 2 feet of food per day should be more
than adequate for us non-climbing folks.

So I started a little experiment with the agreeable obese friends in my
neighborhood. I gave them ordinary 6 inch rulers with instructions to
measure the length of everything substantial that passed into their
mouths. The only things exempted were water and sugar-free drinks. What
I learned was that my obese friends were consuming between 8 to 12 feet
of food per day! At the time, I was about 10 lbs. over my ideal body
weight so I decided to find out how much I was eating per day... 3
feet. I cut back to less than 2 feet and was at my proper weight in one
month.

My friends have responded similarly except they have taken longer
because of having to lose more weight. Admittedly, some of my obese
friends were especially slow to respond. They also happen to be the
ones with an unfortunate propensity for accidentally loosing their 6
inch rulers and taking weeks to buy replacements.

So here's the deal: measure all the food you eat, using it's longest
dimension, and keep the total length to less than two feet per day.
That's all there is. No scales, no counting calories or carbohydrates.
Heck, if you loose your ruler, you can even use the first joint of your
thumb to measure.

I am making this diet available as a public service and without
compensation.

If you have any questions, just see Dr. Chung's helpful FAQ and
substitute "Two Feet" for "Two Pounds" everywhere... what could be
simpler?

Sincerely,

God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:04:18 -0500 in article
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Matti Narkia wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>> >>

>> >"But first you have to prove that it's the word of god without quoting
>> >the book itself. Try another source. There isn't one."
>> >

>> Here Mr. Pastorio just says that there is no alternative source proving
>> that the bible is the word of God. He is _not_ saying that there is no
>> God.

>Let Mr. Pastorio publically state there is a God and perhaps you'll convince somebody.

Why should he do that? The issue is that you claimed that Mr. Pastorio had
written here that there is no God. When questioned, you have failed to
prove your claim. There is no such statement by Mr. Pastorio. Either you
have misunderstood his writing or you have not been truthful.

Whether Mr. Pastorio actually believes in God (recently he has said that
he does) or not is utterly irrelevant in this issue which concerned only
what he allegedly had written according to you.

>> His statement is absolutely correct.

>This goes to your bias.

Stating the fact is not a sign of bias.

>> There is no _proof_ that the bible is
>> the word of God.

>You'll have it when you die.
>
>> It's the matter of _belief_.

>It's called knowledge through faith.

There is no such thing, there is only your faith.

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:54:57 -0500 in article
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Matti Narkia wrote:
>
>> Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:44:21 -0500 in article
>> <[email protected]> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >It does prove that God has given us free will. Even to libelers like Mr.
>> >Pastorio (http://www.heartmdphd.asp/libel.asp)
>> >

>> The American Heritage® Dictionary defines the noun "libel" as follows:
>>
>> NOUN: 1a. A false publication, as in writing, print, signs,
>> or pictures, that damages a person's reputation. b. The
>> act of presenting such material to the public.
>>
>> 2. The written claims presented by a plaintiff in an
>> action at admiralty law or to an ecclesiastical court.
>>
>> Where can we find a _false_ publication by Mr. Pastorio that damages your
>> reputation?

>See the links at:
>
>http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

I've seen it, read it. I did not find any libeling material there.
Extremely harsh criticism from a frustrated man, yes, but libel,
absolutely no.

>> A publication, which damages your reputation, but is not
>> false, is not a libel.

>Mr. Pastorio's claims and statements are blatantly false to the most casual
>observer.

Then it should not be difficult for you to give us some examples of these
"blatantly false" claims and statements? After all, you are more that just
a casual observer, you even went through the trouble of putting this
material on your web site.

>> If you cannot point out such a _false_ publication, you may by definition
>> yourself be guilty of libel.

>See above.

Ditto.

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:48:40 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> [email protected]ere wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 9:46:00 -0500, Steve <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:13:15 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
>>> (in message <[email protected]>):

>>> <snipped>

>>> You know, Chung, this may come as a surprise to you but most people
>>> would probably think more of you rather than less if you just admitted
>>> that you made a mistake and apologized to Mr. Pastorio.

>> It will not happen. If you always know the truth, then it is not
>> possible to make a mistake.

> You either know the truth or you don't. Knowing the truth does not make you
> god (ie one incapable of making mistakes).
>
> The truth remains that Mr. Pastorio is a libeler:

Chung, what a detestable snake you are. Anyone reading this thread is
aware that the issue is not "libel" but your unfounded and unprovable
accusations that Mr. Pastorio claimed (1) that he didn't believe in god
and (2) that you didn't have a medical license. Unable to substantiate
these accusations, you now resort to the old "libel" charge (which is
also laughably untrue).

How can anyone trust your judgement or veracity on _any_ subject,
medical or otherwise after this contemptible performance?

You are without personal integrity and you dig the hole deeper with
every attempt to deny it.

--
God's Other Humble Servant

Steve