Very high triglyceride numbers (what does it mean, what can be done)?

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:48:40 -0500, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 9:46:00 -0500, Steve <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:13:15 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
>> >(in message <[email protected]>):

>> ><snipped>

>> >You know, Chung, this may come as a surprise to you but most people
>> >would probably think more of you rather than less if you just admitted
>> >that you made a mistake and apologized to Mr. Pastorio.

>> It will not happen. If you always know the truth, then it is not
>> possible to make a mistake.

>You either know the truth or you don't.

I realize that everything is certain to you. Typical fanatical
thinking.

>Knowing the truth does not make you a
>god (ie one incapable of making mistakes).

Nobody is god. But if you always say you know the truth, then you will
never think it is a mistake. In your mind, it is still truth, no
matter how untrue it really is.

But I am trying to reason with a fanatic, and we all know that is not
possible.

>> You are trying to be reasonable with a fanatic. A big waste of time.
>> Matt

>Probably what most folks are feeling when they read your posts.

<big grin> Most people stop such silly responses before 8th grade.
<bigger grin>

>Humbly,

<even bigger grin>

Awaiting your next "last word" post. <grin again>
Matt

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:42:52 -0500, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<[email protected]> wrote:

<snip the usual junk>

>> [Fanatics know the truth, so why would he need backup?]

>Wouldn't know... I'm not a fanatic...

<big laugh>

<snip more junk>

>Thank you for demonstrating that even the godless have free will.

Godless? <even bigger laugh> This is getting to be as good as the
comedy channel.
Matt

Hey, everybody, please read what Chung writes. See if you can make any
sense of his obfuscations, distortion, fanaticism, confusion,
bafflements and outright lying. He starts the crosspost and he
encourages you to report me to my ISP because it's crossposted. What
splendid mental acuity, huh?

He's a cardiologist who claims to be a man of science. He demonstrates
otherwise. Thought you'd all like to see how an expensive education
can be wasted.

Note his fanciful definition of trolling. Note how he refers to
himself in the 3rd person. Note how he has "testimonials" on his web
site that demolish his wonderfully silly 2PoundDiet.

Chung says that if you confine your consumption to 2 pounds of food
per day, you'll lose weight and somehow magically when you arrive at
your ideal weight, you'll reach some sort of abracadabra equilibrium
and stay at your ideal weight. And you don't really have to worry
about what you eat, he says, just use common sense, whatever that
means. He thinks that because he's been trolling various NG's about
it, that doctors know about his hilarious diet and will counsel their
patients in how to use it most effectively. Or something. He claims
that he's qualified to counsel patients on matters of nutrition
because he's a doctor.

He usually likes to sign off with "Humbly" or "God's humble
bond-servant" while parading his pure, wacko brand of Christianity.
Here he moderated it to "Sincerely" perhaps so you'd think he wasn't
such a spacer.

Amazing display he puts on...

To catch the unexpurgated Chung show, check in at sci.med.cardiology.
Or visit his web site and be sure to sign up for his chat room.

------------------------
> [...]

> characters.
> (3) They have not added anything to the discussion(s) except to
> deliver one-sided insults.
> (4) They complain about alleged cross-posts from Dr. Chung by
> cross-posting.
> (5) They do not complain about cross-posts from folks who attack the
> 2PD or its author.
>
> and conclude that these anon posters deserve only their kill file.
>
> It is my hope that the above brings new readers of this thread up to
> speed.
>
> It will remain my pleasure to continue the discussion(s) about the 2PD
> above the din of hissing from the peanut gallery.
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
> Board-Certified Cardiologist
> http://www.heartmdphd.com

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Bob Pastorio <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

>>All fanatics believe themselves to have an exclusive grasp on truth.
>>All fundamentalists believe they have an exclusive pipeline to god.
>>All propagandists believe that if they shout loudly enough or repeat
>>themselves enough that all will be convinced and converted.
>>All egotists believe that anyone who doesn't agree with them is
>>foolish and generally inferior to them.
>>All True Believers believe that their faith covers everything about
>>everything and that they KNOW what is proper and what isn't out to
>>100% of all issues and questions.
>>
>>The True Believers also believe that anything they do in their
>>perverse understanding of their "cause" is acceptable. That nothing is
>>immoral or unethical in the cause of their religion, their faith. That
>>any harm and any inconvenience caused to others is acceptable because
>>it's for a noble cause. They may say anything, imply anything, slander
>>and libel anyone, distort and dissemble, even outright lie to gain
>>ascendancy and remain atop that moral high ground. It's the madness of
>>the terrorist, the nullity of the martyr.
>>
>>That True Believer has one fatal flaw. His belief is so
>>all-encompassing that it cannot have, must not have, any flaws. His
>>belief is finally fragile because it must be absolute or all of it
>>falls. So the TB cannot grant even the smallest point to anyone who
>>doesn't agree with him. He cannot offer true compassion to anyone who
>>doesn't agree with him 100% He cannot indicate any unsurety in his
>>belief. The TB is, finally, a fraud because of the enormous distance
>>and cognitive dissonance between action and words. The truly sad part
>>of it is that the TB has no idea of his weakness and frailty. No idea
>>of his appearance of folly and dishonesty. No idea that his relentless
>>hypocrisy is his own strongest opponent and most strident critic.
>>
>>What a profoundly sad waste.
>>
>>Pastorio

> You are such a theological expert, Mr. Pastorio.

I've offered no theology in this post. Merely historical accuracy.
But, yes, we've seen how much more knowledgeable in matters
theological I am than is Chung with his "Christianity-Lite" approach.

> How did you come to hate Christ so much?

I hate no one and no thing. I deride Chung for his despicable
carrying-on. He's clearly unable to see that rather vast distinction.

> Is it because you love food so much?

Can this connection make any sense, even to superficial Chung?

> So much so that you would sacrifice your health to it and develop
> coronary disease?

Now he's getting rather close to quackery, Chung is. Is it his
diagnosis that I've brought on any coronary disease with my diet?
Without knowing what my diet is? Is this the cardiologist speaking in
his capacity as a cardiologist?

> You still have my pity, my love, and my forgiveness, neighbor.

Chung has my contempt.

Pastorio

Bob Pastorio <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hey, everybody, please read what Chung writes. See if you can make any
> sense of his obfuscations, distortion, fanaticism, confusion,
> bafflements and outright lying. He starts the crosspost and he
> encourages you to report me to my ISP because it's crossposted. What
> splendid mental acuity, huh?

You are what you eat.
Chung must eat 2 lbs. of nuts a day.

Matti Narkia <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:54:57 -0500 in article
> <[email protected]> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Matti Narkia wrote:
> >
> >> Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:44:21 -0500 in article
> >> <[email protected]> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"

> >> The American Heritage® Dictionary defines the noun "libel" as follows:
> >>
> >> NOUN: 1a. A false publication, as in writing, print, signs,
> >> or pictures, that damages a person's reputation. b. The
> >> act of presenting such material to the public.
> >>
> >> 2. The written claims presented by a plaintiff in an
> >> action at admiralty law or to an ecclesiastical court.
> >>
> >> Where can we find a _false_ publication by Mr. Pastorio that damages your
> >> reputation?

> >See the links at:
> >
> >http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp
> >

> I've seen it, read it.

Good for you.

> I did not find any libeling material there.

Can't help you there.

> Extremely harsh criticism from a frustrated man, yes, but libel,
> absolutely no.

Wrong.

> >> A publication, which damages your reputation, but is not
> >> false, is not a libel.

> >Mr. Pastorio's claims and statements are blatantly false to the most casual
> >observer.
> >

> Then it should not be difficult for you to give us some examples of these
> "blatantly false" claims and statements?

Yep. Very easy:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

> After all, you are more that just
> a casual observer, you even went through the trouble of putting this
> material on your web site.

See above.

> >> If you cannot point out such a _false_ publication, you may by definition
> >> yourself be guilty of libel.

> >See above.
> >

> Ditto.

Yes, ditto.

Humbly,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com

Clearly, Mr. Pastorio is pathologically obsessed.

Like a moth helplessly drawn to the searing flame.

A word to the wise to those who would choose to follow their hero(ie
Matti, Matt, Mack, Steve, et al).

Humbly,

Andrew

--

[email protected]ere wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:48:40 -0500, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >[email protected] wrote:

> <snipped>

> >> It will not happen. If you always know the truth, then it is not
> >> possible to make a mistake.

> >You either know the truth or you don't.

> I realize that everything is certain to you. Typical fanatical
> thinking.

The above is called logic. In your world, the insane would be running
the asylum.

> >Knowing the truth does not make you a
> >god (ie one incapable of making mistakes).

> Nobody is god.

Except of course, God. However, your point of view is understandable,
since you have inferred you don't believe God exists.

> But if you always say you know the truth, then you will
> never think it is a mistake.

Duh.

> In your mind, it is still truth, no
> matter how untrue it really is.

Duh.

> But I am trying to reason with a fanatic, and we all know that is not
> possible.

And yet you are trying to reason with me. Not only have you shown it
to be possible, you have realized it, thereby proving I am not a
fanatic by your own definition, logic, and reasoning. Thanks.

> >> You are trying to be reasonable with a fanatic. A big waste of time.
> >> Matt

> >Probably what most folks are feeling when they read your posts.

> <big grin> Most people stop such silly responses before 8th grade.
> <bigger grin>

No memories for you past that?

> >Humbly,

> <even bigger grin>
>
> Awaiting your next "last word" post. <grin again>
> Matt

God will make that "last word" post for you to read after you die
<grin>

Humbly,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com

Matti Narkia <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:04:18 -0500 in article
> <[email protected]> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Matti Narkia wrote:
> >
> >> <snip>

> >> Here Mr. Pastorio just says that there is no alternative source proving
> >> that the bible is the word of God. He is _not_ saying that there is no
> >> God.

> >Let Mr. Pastorio publically state there is a God and perhaps you'll convince somebody.
> >

> Why should he do that?

To help you be convincing.

> The issue is that you claimed that Mr. Pastorio had
> written here that there is no God.

I wrote that Mr. Pastorio would have you believe there is no God.

> When questioned, you have failed to
> prove your claim.

I directed you directly the source of Mr. Pastorio's writings where
the above can be deduced.

> There is no such statement by Mr. Pastorio.

See above.

> Either you
> have misunderstood his writing or you have not been truthful.

I understand his writings *and* I remain truthful.

> Whether Mr. Pastorio actually believes in God (recently he has said that
> he does)or not is utterly irrelevant in this issue which concerned only
> what he allegedly had written according to you.

Allegedly? That's the wonderful thing about archived Usenet. There
is no more alleged. Do you want the link to where folks get the
distinct impression that Mr. Pastorio would have people believe there
is no God?

> >> His statement is absolutely correct.

> >This goes to your bias.
> >

> Stating the fact is not a sign of bias.

Hint: Editorializing with words like absolutely, perfectly,
definitely tends to make statements less factual and more opinion.
English is not your first language is it?

> >> There is no _proof_ that the bible is
> >> the word of God.

> >You'll have it when you die.
> >
> >> It's the matter of _belief_.

> >It's called knowledge through faith.
> >

> There is no such thing, there is only your faith.

This is not about me.

Humbly,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com

On 25 Nov 2003 20:25:34 -0800, [email protected] (Dr. Andrew B.
Chung, MD/PhD) wrote:

>[email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:48:40 -0500, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"

<snip>
>> I realize that everything is certain to you. Typical fanatical
>> thinking.

>The above is called logic.

Strange logic. <grin> Perhaps fanatic logic? <g>

>In your world, the insane would be running
>the asylum.

In your world, the insane ARE running the asylum. <grin>

>However, your point of view is understandable,
>since you have inferred you don't believe God exists.

Not true. Prove it. Without using fanatic logic, of course. <big grin>
I await your "I know the truth" response. <g>

>> But if you always say you know the truth, then you will
>> never think it is a mistake.

>Duh.

Glad to see you admit thinking that way. Fanatic club founder,
perhaps? <g>

>> In your mind, it is still truth, no
>> matter how untrue it really is.

>Duh.

Glad to see you admit thinking that way. Fanatic club founder,
perhaps? <g>

>> But I am trying to reason with a fanatic, and we all know that is not
>> possible.

>And yet you are trying to reason with me.

Lots of posters do, but it never works. <big grin>

>Not only have you shown it to be possible,

Not true. Prove it. Without using fanatic logic, of course.

>you have realized it,

Not true. Prove it. Without using fanatic logic, of course.

>thereby proving I am not a
>fanatic by your own definition, logic, and reasoning. .

Not true. Prove it. Without using fanatic logic, of course.

But, of course, that is not possible for a fanatic, so you will not be
able to do it. <this will be fun to watch> <big grin>

>> >Probably what most folks are feeling when they read your posts.

>> <big grin> Most people stop such silly responses before 8th grade.
>> <bigger grin>

>No memories for you past that?

Ah, yes, the usual irrelevant change of topic.

Awaiting your next "last word" post. <grin again>
This is better than the comedy channel.
Matt

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Clearly, Mr. Pastorio is pathologically obsessed.

Obsessed, Chung says. But apparently not obsessed enough to falsify a
"testimonial" that is the exact antithesis of an endorsement. And not
obsessed enough to create a web page that reflects the anger and
madness of the discredited fundamentalist. Hmmmm.

It seems that a raw nerve is very much in evidence here. Chung has
been stung so deeply that in his flailing desperation, he'll say
anything negative he can, true or untrue.

Looks like actions speak louder than words. Again. And Chung's
vengeful words shout. Roar. And finally bleat helplessness.

Chung is a new category of wacko. He's a cyberpath. A pathological
behavior pattern based on his internet persona. He capitalizes on the
civilization of the people he assaults with his vituperation and
smarmy manipulative dissembling.

> Like a moth helplessly drawn to the searing flame.

The flame of fanatical compulsion. The flame of self-satisfaction and
smugness. The flame of serious disturbance.

> A word to the wise to those who would choose to follow their hero(ie
> Matti, Matt, Mack, Steve, et al).

They're already wise. Wise enough to puncture the balloon of your
heated airs. Wise enough to see through the gossamer covering of your
malice and hatred. Wise enough to see your false humility for what it
truly is.

Pastorio

> Humbly,
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
> Board-Certified Cardiologist
> http://www.heartmdphd.com
>
> Bob Pastorio <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Hey, everybody, please read what Chung writes. See if you can make any
>>sense of his obfuscations, distortion, fanaticism, confusion,
>>bafflements and outright lying. He starts the crosspost and he
>>encourages you to report me to my ISP because it's crossposted. What
>>splendid mental acuity, huh?
>>
>>He's a cardiologist who claims to be a man of science. He demonstrates
>>otherwise. Thought you'd all like to see how an expensive education
>>can be wasted.
>>
>>Note his fanciful definition of trolling. Note how he refers to
>>himself in the 3rd person. Note how he has "testimonials" on his web
>>site that demolish his wonderfully silly 2PoundDiet.
>>
>>Chung says that if you confine your consumption to 2 pounds of food
>>per day, you'll lose weight and somehow magically when you arrive at
>>your ideal weight, you'll reach some sort of abracadabra equilibrium
>>and stay at your ideal weight. And you don't really have to worry
>>about what you eat, he says, just use common sense, whatever that
>>means. He thinks that because he's been trolling various NG's about
>>it, that doctors know about his hilarious diet and will counsel their
>>patients in how to use it most effectively. Or something. He claims
>>that he's qualified to counsel patients on matters of nutrition
>>because he's a doctor.
>>
>>He usually likes to sign off with "Humbly" or "God's humble
>>bond-servant" while parading his pure, wacko brand of Christianity.
>>Here he moderated it to "Sincerely" perhaps so you'd think he wasn't
>>such a spacer.
>>
>>Amazing display he puts on...
>>
>>To catch the unexpurgated Chung show, check in at sci.med.cardiology.
>>Or visit his web site and be sure to sign up for his chat room.
>>
>>------------------------
>>Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Matti Narkia <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:04:18 -0500 in article
>><[email protected]> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
>><[email protected]> wrote:

Poor crippled Chung can't seem to see that those few sentences were
about a book that was assembled by scholars. Poor ignorant Chung
doesn't know how the bible came to be; what was included and what was
excluded. Poor intellectually-encysted Chung doesn't know that there
are several "bibles" in christianity. Poor "it's a done deal" Chung
thinks that there's only one way to read the bible and that alternate
translations that use different words somehow all mean the exact same
things. KJ, NIV, Douay, Rheimish, and others. Poor one-language Chung
says he speaks Chinese (in some web sites, not all) but seems not to
know that words can't be translated exactly from one language to another.

Poor clinging-by-his-nails- Chung doesn't understand the warmth,
compassion and humor in christianity. Nor does he see the root of it
all; honesty, with self, others and god. Poor literalist Chung seems
not to understand that rules for life and after life are debatable
amongst people of good will and sincere effort. That the various
bibles are guidelines and roadmaps for a journey. The book itself is
no more more a sacred object than a map is the same as the country.
Poor idolatrous Chung worships a book of paper and ink rather than god.

>>>Let Mr. Pastorio publically state there is a God and perhaps you'll convince somebody.

>>Why should he do that?

> To help you be convincing.

Well, Poor Chung. Mr. Pastorio did exactly that. I suspect it made not
a whit of difference for boosting Matti's credibility, as none was
needed. He's already demonstrated himself to be a very clear and
honest poster. Matti has no need for further demonstration. It's Chung
who's the transparent faker.

>>The issue is that you claimed that Mr. Pastorio had
>>written here that there is no God.

> I wrote that Mr. Pastorio would have you believe there is no God.

Chung wrote that repeatedly *after* I said I thought there was a god.

>>When questioned, you have failed to
>>prove your claim.

> I directed you directly the source of Mr. Pastorio's writings where
> the above can be deduced.

Yes. That's what Matti said. Chung has failed to prove his claim. But
that's nothing new with Chung. Why is it necessary to "deduce"
anything when I've said bluntly that I believe there's a god. More
Chung tactics.

So how come Chung doesn't quote where I say I believe there is a god?
Could he be deliberately trying to continue his lying, as I predicted
he would? As he always does?

>>There is no such statement by Mr. Pastorio.

> See above.

Nothing to see. I wrote that I believe there is a god. And repeated it.

>>Either you
>>have misunderstood his writing or you have not been truthful.

> I understand his writings *and* I remain truthful.

Clearly, both statements are simply wrong. I stated unequivocally that
I believe there is a god. Period. No qualifications. No conditions.
For Chung to continue to assert the contrary as something one may
"deduce" is to deliberately be dishonest. So. Either he *doesn't
understand my writing. Or he's as untruthful as usual.

>>Whether Mr. Pastorio actually believes in God (recently he has said that
>>he does)or not is utterly irrelevant in this issue which concerned only
>>what he allegedly had written according to you.

> Allegedly? That's the wonderful thing about archived Usenet. There
> is no more alleged. Do you want the link to where folks get the
> distinct impression that Mr. Pastorio would have people believe there
> is no God?

Honest English simply escapes Chung. Matti was talking about what
*Chung* alleges I wrote. Or rather what Chung wants to *create* what I
meant since what I wrote is clear enough. Chung's efforts to make what
I said into something else is both typical and failed. As usual.

That link is yet another effort at Chung's normal mendacity. Notice
how he couches his words in his typical slimy innuendo - "the link to
where folks get the distinct impression..." Folks? Others have
gotten that impression? Looks like "humble" Chung thinks he's
multitudes. Folks... <LOL>

Chung is a liar. Period. The link demonstrates nothing he wants it to.
Either he actually thinks he can see meanings no one else can or he's
lying. Either way, he's created meaning rather than shown it.

>>>His statement is absolutely correct.
>>>
>>>This goes to your bias.

>>Stating the fact is not a sign of bias.

> Hint: Editorializing with words like absolutely, perfectly,
> definitely tends to make statements less factual and more opinion.
> English is not your first language is it?

Using words like "libel" when Chung doesn't know what it means is a
better example. Likewise his self-serving definition of "troll" as
somebody anonymous. Likewise all his "testimonials" that aren't
endorsements. English is not his first language is it?

I especially like it when he says that his faith is knowledge.
Speaking of editorializing with words.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone,
"it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
"Through the Looking Glass." Lewis Carrol.

Humpty Dumpty Chung. Has a nice ring...

>>>You'll have it when you die.

I would assume that means that Chung can't offer any proof. Typical
evasion. Just like how much should different-sized people eat? Chung's
answer: everybody should eat the same.

>>>It's called knowledge through faith.

>>There is no such thing, there is only your faith.

> This is not about me.

Oh, it's all about Chung. It's about his falsity. It's about his
apparently deteriorating mental state. It's about his behavior here.
It's about his tactics and techniques. It's all about Chung. It's all
about how he claims to be one thing and demonstrates the opposite. A
man of science, he says and then recites the rote madness of his
fanatical fundamentalist "truth." "Humbly" he signs off and then
demonstrates arrogance and a pathological lack of empathy and compassion.

Chung is the poster-boy for cognitive dissonance and the sad debility
of the utter lack of integrity and intellectual rigor that his
education should engender. Retaining many bits of data isn't the same
as being educated.

And as a "testimonial" to Chung, herewith a definitional quotation and
a place to read more about him and his tactics:

"Humpty Dumpty language, noun. An idiosyncratic or eccentric use of
language in which the meaning of particular words is determined by the
speaker." <http://www.wordspy.com/words/HumptyDumptylanguage.asp>

Pastorio

[email protected]ere wrote:

> On 25 Nov 2003 20:25:34 -0800, [email protected] (Dr. Andrew B.
> Chung, MD/PhD) wrote:

>>However, your point of view is understandable,
>>since you have inferred you don't believe God exists.

> Not true. Prove it. Without using fanatic logic, of course. <big grin>
> I await your "I know the truth" response. <g>

Actually, I think we should enroll Chung in an ESL course so he learns
the difference between "infer" and "imply."

And other courses that say that someone who isn't a believer in
Chungianity doesn't warrant the inquisition like he seems to want to
put in place.

>>>But if you always say you know the truth, then you will
>>>never think it is a mistake.

>>Duh.

> Glad to see you admit thinking that way. Fanatic club founder,
> perhaps? <g>
>
>>>In your mind, it is still truth, no
>>>matter how untrue it really is.

>>Duh.

> Glad to see you admit thinking that way. Fanatic club founder,
> perhaps? <g>

I find this exchange above simply incredible. No room for
self-examination? No room to consider the possibility of error in
one's thinking? No room to consider the general reality that he
doesn't have all the information?

"It is still truth, no matter how untrue is really is" draws an
agreement from Chung? Astonishing.

Pastorio

Tony Lew wrote:

> Bob Pastorio <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Hey, everybody, please read what Chung writes. See if you can make any
>>sense of his obfuscations, distortion, fanaticism, confusion,
>>bafflements and outright lying. He starts the crosspost and he
>>encourages you to report me to my ISP because it's crossposted. What
>>splendid mental acuity, huh?

> You are what you eat.
> Chung must eat 2 lbs. of nuts a day.

LOL. Literally.

Brilliant.

Pastorio

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 23:16:36 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> Clearly, Mr. Pastorio is pathologically obsessed.

Hmm. What would you call someone who feels compelled to respond to
every post of an obsessed person then?

> Like a moth helplessly drawn to the searing flame.

The "searing flame" of "Chung-logic" no doubt :) LOL

> A word to the wise to those who would choose to follow their hero(ie
> Matti, Matt, Mack, Steve, et al).

Does seem like the whole world is out to get you, doesn't it Chung?
Have you always been persecuted like this? Oh, wait, I forgot...
Christ was persecuted too, so that makes you Christ-like.

Someone ought to mail a transcript of these "conversations" to the
medical certification authorities and let _them_ judge just who is
unbalanced.

BTW, maliciously cross-posting to other groups which you have
determined your victim frequents comes under the heading of
"cyberstalking" and opens you up to criminal prosecution (see Georgia
State Code, Section 16-5-90). Just a "word to the wise" :)

--
God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

"Bob Pastorio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey, everybody, please read what Chung writes. See if you can make any
> sense of his obfuscations, distortion, fanaticism, confusion,
> bafflements and outright lying. He starts the crosspost and he
> encourages you to report me to my ISP because it's crossposted. What
> splendid mental acuity, huh?
>
> He's a cardiologist who claims to be a man of science. He demonstrates
> otherwise. Thought you'd all like to see how an expensive education
> can be wasted.
>
> Note his fanciful definition of trolling. Note how he refers to
> himself in the 3rd person. Note how he has "testimonials" on his web
> site that demolish his wonderfully silly 2PoundDiet.
>
> Chung says that if you confine your consumption to 2 pounds of food
> per day, you'll lose weight and somehow magically when you arrive at
> your ideal weight, you'll reach some sort of abracadabra equilibrium
> and stay at your ideal weight. And you don't really have to worry
> about what you eat, he says, just use common sense, whatever that
> means. He thinks that because he's been trolling various NG's about
> it, that doctors know about his hilarious diet and will counsel their
> patients in how to use it most effectively. Or something. He claims
> that he's qualified to counsel patients on matters of nutrition
> because he's a doctor.
>
> He usually likes to sign off with "Humbly" or "God's humble
> bond-servant" while parading his pure, wacko brand of Christianity.
> Here he moderated it to "Sincerely" perhaps so you'd think he wasn't
> such a spacer.
>
> Amazing display he puts on...
>
> To catch the unexpurgated Chung show, check in at sci.med.cardiology.
> Or visit his web site and be sure to sign up for his chat room.

His license is up for renewal soon. I recommend that you and others contact
the regulatory board and give them information about his behavior. This
person should not even be allowed to be a dog catcher or a piano player in a
whorehouse let alone a licensed physician. I am beginning to understand the
number of malpractice law suits. Apparently the medical profession does not
do a very good job of policing their own.

"Bob Pastorio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tony Lew wrote:
>
> > Bob Pastorio <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...

> >>Hey, everybody, please read what Chung writes. See if you can make any
> >>sense of his obfuscations, distortion, fanaticism, confusion,
> >>bafflements and outright lying. He starts the crosspost and he
> >>encourages you to report me to my ISP because it's crossposted. What
> >>splendid mental acuity, huh?

> > You are what you eat.
> > Chung must eat 2 lbs. of nuts a day.

> LOL. Literally.
>
> Brilliant.
>
> Pastorio

Only on alternate days. The other days he eats two pounds of ********.

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 4:23:08 -0500, Bob Pastorio wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

<snip>

> "Humpty Dumpty language, noun. An idiosyncratic or eccentric use of
> language in which the meaning of particular words is determined by the
> speaker." <http://www.wordspy.com/words/HumptyDumptylanguage.asp>
>
> Pastorio

Perhaps he should change his signature to:

>> Humptily,
>>
>> Andrew

:)

Up late again? You need to get some sleep :)

--
God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 5:50:29 -0500, Paul E. Lehmann wrote
(in message <gA%[email protected]>):

<snip>

> His license is up for renewal soon. I recommend that you and others contact
> the regulatory board and give them information about his behavior. This
> person should not even be allowed to be a dog catcher or a piano player in a
> whorehouse let alone a licensed physician. I am beginning to understand the
> number of malpractice law suits. Apparently the medical profession does not
> do a very good job of policing their own.

Welcome to Chung's "et al" Club, Paul :)

--
God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

25 Nov 2003 20:40:37 -0800 in article
<[email protected]> [email protected]
(Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD) wrote:

>Matti Narkia <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:04:18 -0500 in article
>> <[email protected]> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >Let Mr. Pastorio publically state there is a God and perhaps you'll convince somebody.
>> >

>> Why should he do that?

>To help you be convincing.

I don't need to be convincing. Anyone reading your "libel" page can see
that you are wrong in this issue.

>> The issue is that you claimed that Mr. Pastorio had
>> written here that there is no God.

>I wrote that Mr. Pastorio would have you believe there is no God.

The material on your "libel" page shows no evidence of that, neither have
I seen evidence of it in his messages in this group.

Another matter is that I don't understand why you are so obsessed about
this kind of issue? Suppose someone would have people believe there is no
God. So what? These are matters of faith and the existence of God has not
been proved. It's all in faith. There are different faiths, different
religions with different Gods. There are agnostics, there are atheists.
These are all legal and accepted positions in the countries with the
freedom of religion. What is your problem?

>> When questioned, you have failed to
>> prove your claim.

>I directed you directly the source of Mr. Pastorio's writings where
>the above can be deduced.

It cannot.

>> There is no such statement by Mr. Pastorio.

>See above.

Ditto.

>> Either you
>> have misunderstood his writing or you have not been truthful.

>I understand his writings *and* I remain truthful.

One or both of those is not true.

>> Whether Mr. Pastorio actually believes in God (recently he has said that
>> he does)or not is utterly irrelevant in this issue which concerned only
>> what he allegedly had written according to you.

>Allegedly? That's the wonderful thing about archived Usenet. There
>is no more alleged. Do you want the link to where folks get the
>distinct impression that Mr. Pastorio would have people believe there
>is no God?

Yes, please.

>English is not your first language is it?

So what, if it isn't? I'm not doing too badly if you didn't notice it
before (I'm not sure whether you actually noticed it even now or are you
just following your customary debating tactics). In chronological order
English is the fifth language I learned. I'm a Finn living in Finland, and
my mother tongue is Finnish. Does that create a problem for you?

>> >You'll have it when you die.

>> >It's called knowledge through faith.
>> >

>> There is no such thing, there is only your faith.

>This is not about me.

It is as much about you as about anyone else with a faith.