Very high triglyceride numbers (what does it mean, what can be done)?

[email protected] wrote:

> >> Does it make your claim right, if you are "here", as you put it?
> >
> >Does make me more believable *here*, now doesn't it?
>
> NO! Willett is much more believable. Matt

Go ahead and *overeat* a high-fat diet then. Would be more than happy to take your money when you
need my services :) Must remember to send a "thank you" note to Dr. Willett for giving me job
security by distracting folks from controlling food quantity.

Humbly,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

Matti Narkia wrote:

> 20 Nov 2003 19:18:25 -0800 in article <[email protected]>
> [email protected]
> (Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD) wrote:
>
> >Matti Narkia <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:<[email protected]>...
> >> 20 Nov 2003 14:24:31 -0800 in article <[email protected]>
> >> [email protected]

> >> Does it make your claim right, if you are "here", as you put it?
> >
> >Does make me more believable *here*, now doesn't it?

> >> You made the claim, therefore the burden of proof (including Medline searches, if necessary) is
> >> on you.
> >
> >Not really. I have no agenda here.
> >
> So you are withdrawing your claim that "Low fat diets are actually better grounded in basic
> science research" then?

No. Nor am I going to try to convince you.

> >> Also, I suggest you read Dr. Willett's article before continuing this discussion.
> >
> >I have already.
>
> And?

He is wrong about being pro-fat. He is right that people should strive to lower their BMI less than
21. However, he has no clue as to how to help people do this.

God's humble bond-servant,

Andrew

--

Matti Narkia wrote:

> Fri, 21 Nov 2003 04:13:57 GMT in article <[email protected]> "Dr.
> Andrew B. Chung,
> MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Mack wrote:
> >
> >> On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:05:24 +0200, Matti Narkia <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> why are you cross posting?
> >
> >Matti has an agenda.
>
> My agenda is to find the truth.

Really?

Have you found Jesus Christ, yet?

> Yours seems to be getting the last word in every debate no matter what the truth is.

My success has nothing to do with my agenda. It is God's will.

God's humble bond-servant,

Andrew

--

Matti Narkia wrote:

> 20 Nov 2003 19:18:25 -0800 in article <[email protected]>
> [email protected]
> (Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD) wrote:
>
> >Matti Narkia <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:<[email protected]>...
> >> 20 Nov 2003 14:24:31 -0800 in article <[email protected]>
> >> [email protected]

> >> Does it make your claim right, if you are "here", as you put it?
> >
> >Does make me more believable *here*, now doesn't it?
> >
> Does it?

It does. Folks can simply do a Google search to determine for themselves.

> Is your believability location dependent in your opinion?

Most folks need direct interactions with someone before they are likely to "believe" this someone.

> Your claim is as wrong here as it is anywhere else.

Not a claim but an observation.

God's humble bond-servant,

Andrew

--

Mack <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:49:50 +0200, Matti Narkia <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:12:57 -0500 in article <[email protected]> Mack
> ><[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:05:24 +0200, Matti Narkia <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >>why are you cross posting?
> >>
> >I didn't start this thread. I didn't even know it was crossposted.
>

> I went and checked, it was originally cross posted by the name myo cardium. who has only ever
> made 2 posts to Sci.med.cardiology or ASD. This may or may not be another chung sock puppet.
> It's unlikely as the posts from myo are far more articulate than anything chung the mu troll
> has posted.
>
> Make no mistake, chung/mu is a well known troll. <desperate attemps at libel and defamation
> snipped>

Sounds like I hit a raw nerve.

We can chat about it tomorrow if you like:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/chat.asp

FYI Note: This is being cross-posted for the convenience of a known ASD subscriber. If you are upset
about reading this message, a few suggestions:

(1) Yell at Mack
(2) Report Mack to his ISP for violating their TOS with his feeble attempts at libel and
defamation.
(3) Killfile this thread.
(4) Killfile me.
(5) Read about free speech.

This discussion(s) is related to the 2 pound diet approach (2PD) which is described completely at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

Though Dr. Chung invented this approach, he did not initiate this Usenet discussion(s). His
participation in this discussion(s) has been voluntary and has been conducted in the spirit of
community service. His motivation has been entirely altruistic and has arisen from his religious
beliefs as a Christian. Jesus freely gave of Himself to better the health of folks He touched:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are vehemently opposed to the 2 pound
diet approach. They have debated
Dr. Chung on every perceived weakness of the 2 pound diet approach and have lost the argument
soundly at every point:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtlossfaqs.asp

These debates are archived on Google in their entirety within this and other discussion threads.

However, instead of conceding gracefully that they've lost the argument(s), certain parties have
redirected their hatred of the 2 pound diet approach toward its author. The rationale appears to be
"if you can not discredit the message then try to discredit the messenger."

Initially, these folks accused the messenger of "trolling." A "troll" is someone who posts under the
cloak of anonymity messages with no redeeming discussion value and with the sole purpose of starting
"flame" wars.

These hateful folks lost credibility with this accusation when the following observations were made:

(1) Dr. Chung has not been posting anonymously.
(2) The 2PD has been on-topic for the Usenet discussion groups hosting the discussion(s).
(a) Those who are failing low-carbing can dovetail LC with the 2PD to achieve near-
ideal weight.
(b) Obese diabetics improve their blood glucose control when their weight becomes near-ideal.
(c) For (b) see: http://tinyurl.com/levc
(3) Dr. Chung did not start the discussion(s).
(4) The 2 pound diet approach is 100% free (no profit motive).
(5) Dr. Chung's credentials are real and easily verified on-line (including jpegs of the actual
diplomas).

Full of hatred, frustration, and desperation, certain individuals have tried to attack Dr.
Chung's credentials knowing full well that they were attempting to libel him. One notable example
is Mr. Pastorio:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

When the full light was cast on Mr. Pastorio's libelous statements, the hateful folks hiding in the
darkness of anonymity only hissed louder in support of their fallen hero.

Fortunately, those who have been following this discussion(s) either actively or as lurkers can
easily dismiss the hisses, for what they are, using the on-line third-party resources at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/profile.asp

where Dr. Chung's credentials can be verified many times over and libelous claims that credentials
were bought are easily and summarily debunked.

Moreover, readers need only make the following observations concerning the anon posters who continue
to hiss (ie JC Der Koenig and Mack):

(6) They are anonymous and thus they expect to have no credibility (or accountability).
(7) They are by their Usenet history courtesy of Google, unsavory characters.
(8) They have not added anything to the discussion(s) except to deliver one-sided insults.
(9) They complain about alleged cross-posts from Dr. Chung by cross-posting.
(10) They do not complain about cross-posts from folks who attack the 2PD or its author.

and conclude that these anon posters deserve only their kill file.

It is my hope that the above brings new readers of this thread up to speed.

It will remain my pleasure to participate here on Usenet above the din of hissing from the
peanut gallery.

Humbly,

Andrew

--

[email protected] wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:32:12 +0200, Matti Narkia <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Fri, 21 Nov 2003 04:13:57 GMT in article <[email protected]>
> >"Dr. Andrew B. Chung,
> >MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >>Matti has an agenda.
> >
> >My agenda is to find the truth. Yours seems to be getting the last word in every debate no matter
> >what the truth is.
>
> Now THAT is the truth!

Hardly.

> <big grin>.

Grin away.

> Seeing him drone on and on even when he is wrong makes him look even less trustworthy.

Is that hissing that I am reading?

> He seems to think if he says it enough times, it becomes truth.

Matti is the one looking for the truth.

> Sad, isn't it?

Why are you grinning, then?

> I can't wait for his "pity and love" canned reply to this.<grin> Matt

Sorry to disappoint you.

Humbly,

Andrew

--

Thorsten Schier <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:
> >
> > Thorsten Schier wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > Please note that Jesus and the bible are not everyone's idea of truth.
> >
> > Truth is universal.
> >

> However, when it comes to religious beliefs, no one can be sure to know the truth.

Truth is sure.

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:

> Matti Narkia wrote:
>
> > Fri, 21 Nov 2003 04:13:57 GMT in article <[email protected]>
> > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung,
> > MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote:

[...]
> > >Matti has an agenda.
> >
> > My agenda is to find the truth.
>
> Really?
>
> Have you found Jesus Christ, yet?

Please note that Jesus and the bible are not everyone's idea of truth.

Thorsten

--
"Nothing in biology makes sense, except in the light of evolution"

(Theodosius Dobzhansky)

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:

> Thorsten Schier <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> > [...]
> > >
> > > Truth is universal.
> > >

> > However, when it comes to religious beliefs, no one can be sure to know the truth.
>
> Truth is sure.

No one knows the truth ...

Thorsten

--
"Nothing in biology makes sense, except in the light of evolution"

(Theodosius Dobzhansky)

Thorsten Schier <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:
> >
> > Thorsten Schier <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> [...]
> > > >

> > > However, when it comes to religious beliefs, no one can be sure to know the truth.
> >
> > Truth is sure.
> >

> No one knows the truth ...
>
> Thorsten

Except those who know Jesus Christ.

From John 14:

6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except
through me..."

Thorsten Schier wrote:

> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:
> >
> > Matti Narkia wrote:
> >
> > > Fri, 21 Nov 2003 04:13:57 GMT in article <[email protected]>
> > > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung,
> > > MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> [...]
> > >
> > > My agenda is to find the truth.
> >
> > Really?
> >
> > Have you found Jesus Christ, yet?
>
> Please note that Jesus and the bible are not everyone's idea of truth.

Truth is universal.

Humbly,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 7:15:38 -0500, Thorsten Schier wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:
>>
>> Thorsten Schier <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

>>> [...]
>>>>

>>> However, when it comes to religious beliefs, no one can be sure to know the truth.
>>
>> Truth is sure.
>>

> No one knows the truth ...

The Shadow knows....

--
God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:58:38 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> Thorsten Schier <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

>> [...]
>>>
>>> Truth is sure.
>>>

>> No one knows the truth ...
>>
>> Thorsten
>
> Except those who know Jesus Christ.

The Shadow knows Jesus Christ!

--
God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

Thorsten Schier wrote:

> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:
> >
> > Thorsten Schier wrote:

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Please note that Jesus and the bible are not everyone's idea of truth.
> >
> > Truth is universal.
> >

> However, when it comes to religious beliefs, no one can be sure to know the truth.

Truth is independent of religious beliefs.

Humbly,

Andrew

--

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:10:45 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>>> Does it make your claim right, if you are "here", as you put it?
>>
>>Does make me more believable *here*, now doesn't it?
>
>NO! Willett is much more believable. Matt

was Dr willet fired after only 88 days of employment for lack of quality care? Does Dr willet put up
web pages claiming people he hates are dead when they are not?

the chung troll did and does.

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 04:28:16 GMT in article <[email protected]> "Dr.
Andrew B. Chung,
MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:

>> >Does make me more believable *here*, now doesn't it?
>>
>> NO! Willett is much more believable. Matt
>
>Go ahead and *overeat* a high-fat diet then. Would be more than happy to take your money when you
>need my services :) Must remember to send a "thank you" note to Dr. Willett for giving me job
>security by distracting folks from controlling food quantity.

You're displaying the typical arrogance based on ignorance. See the following excerpts from
Harvard web pages

Fats and Cholesterol - The Good, The Bad, and The Healthy Diet. Harvard School of Public Health
Nutrition Source. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/fats.html

"Eat a low-fat, low-cholesterol diet." Most of us have heard this simple recommendation so
often over the past two decades that we can recite it in our sleep. Touted as a way to lose
weight and prevent cancer and heart disease, it's no wonder much of the nation--and food producers--
hopped on board.

Unfortunately, this simple message now seems largely out of date. Detailed research--
particularly that done at Harvard-- shows that the total amount of fat in the diet, whether high
or low, has no real link with disease. Rather, what really matters is the type of fat in the
diet. There are bad fats that increase the risk for certain diseases and good fats that lower
the risk. The key is to substitute good fats for bad fats."

and

Carbohydrates http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/carbohydrates.html

"For years, you've probably heard the advice to cut back on the total amount of fat you eat and
to consume more complex carbohydrates. And thousands of "low-fat" alternatives now crowd the
supermarket shelves. But is simply cutting back on fat and loading up on carbohydrates a healthy
way to eat or to lose weight? Current research suggests that it isn't. Just as researchers
learned that not all types of fat are bad, they're also discovering that not all types of
carbohydrates are good.

It's easy to fall into the "low-fat trap." Because fat, gram- for-gram, has more than twice as
many calories as either protein or carbohydrates, it seems logical that choosing low- fat
products would help with weight loss. However, all too often the low-fat products on supermarket
shelves are packed with sugar to make up for the taste that's lost when fat is removed.

While people think that a low-fat alternative will hasten weight loss, it often has just as many
calories as the full- fat version--and may even have more. In addition, many people mistakenly
think that because a food is low in fat, they can eat as much of it as they want without gaining
weight. But as far as the body is concerned, one calorie is the same as another, no matter where
they came from. Eat too many calories (whether from fat, carbohydrates, or protein), and you'll
gain weight.

Aside from weight loss, the popularity of low-fat food has broader implications for health. Many
people are increasing the amount of carbohydrates in their diets, particularly in the form of
sugars, and as we know from the discussion of the glycemic index, doing so may lead to increases
in heart disease and diabetes.

For example, in a study of 80,000 nurses, Harvard researchers calculated that replacing a given
number of calories from polyunsaturated fat with an equivalent number from carbohydrates
increased the risk for heart disease by over 50 percent. And other studies have found that a low-
fat, high- carbohydrate diet, particularly one high in sugars, can worsen blood cholesterol and
triglycerides levels, both of which are risk factors for heart disease.

"Eat a low-fat diet," long the mantra of health and diet experts, has lost many adherents in
recent years. Current research suggests that rather than focus on total fat intake, a healthier
strategy is, first, to replace the "bad" fats (saturated and trans fats) with "good" fats
(polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats) and, second, to eat more whole grains high in dietary
fiber. For weight loss, the best approach is to square the amount of food you eat with the
number of calories you burn in a day. One of the best ways to lose weight or maintain a healthy
weight is to exercise regularly."

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:50:34 -0500, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Mack wrote:

>> >NO! Willett is much more believable. Matt
>>
>> <libelous hissing snipped>
>
>You have my pity and love, neighbor.

you pity those you love? you are strange one.

but don't worry I know you have no love in your heart for me as evidenced by your anti christian
lies and behavior posting a web site that said I died.

>You are welcome to drop by the web chat that I am hosting this Sunday
>(11/23/03) at 1:00 pm EST.
>
>http://www.heartmdphd.com/chat.asp
>
>Don't be afraid. I won't let anyone cut off your ear.
>
>FYI Note: Because the author of the message is an ASD subscriber, I have added ASD for his
>convenience. If you are upset about reading this message, a few suggestions:

don't lie chung troll, I am an SMC subscriber, I don't read your posts in ASD.

the truth is you are quack fraud who is advocating dangerous med adjustments for diabetics on your
quackery web site.

you got fired for lack of quality care from the florida heart center you worked at and victimized
their patients.

you have repeatedly lied about many usenet poster's deaths when none of them have died.

You have no hospital privileges anywhere since your screw up in Florida. no hospital would risk the
malpractice l;aw suits you would make them vulnerable too if they gave you hospital privileges.

spam of the quack web site snipped.

Mack Type 1 since 1975 http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

In tribute to the United States of America and the State of Israel, two bastions of strength in a
world filled with strife and terrorism.