Very high triglyceride numbers (what does it mean, what can be done)?

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 18:24:13 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

>> Questions mostly remain about the most effective methods for losing weight.
>>

> Ime:
>
> http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

Ime:

Because this discussion concerns the Two Pound Diet (2PD), I am providing the following as a
Public Service:

I have developed the Two Foot Diet approach (2FD) as a replacement for
Dr. Chung's Amazing Logic Defying Two Pound Diet to avoid having to carry a scale around.

Following Dr. Chung's scientific approach, as described on his website, in 2003, my wife and I
watched an IMAX film about climbing the Bavarian Alps and learned that despite their exhausting
regimen, the climbers consumed only 10 packages of wieners per week. That's less than 2 feet of
wieners per day! Since none of the climbers died from starvation, I think it is safe to assume that
2 feet of food per day should be more than adequate for us non-climbing folks.

So I started a little experiment with the agreeable obese friends in my neighborhood. I gave them
ordinary 6 inch rulers with instructions to measure the length of everything substantial that passed
into their mouths. The only things exempted were water and sugar-free drinks. What I learned was
that my obese friends were consuming between 8 to 12 feet of food per day! At the time, I was about
10 lbs. over my ideal body weight so I decided to find out how much I was eating per day... 3 feet.
I cut back to less than 2 feet and was at my proper weight in one month.

My friends have responded similarly except they have taken longer because of having to lose more
weight. Admittedly, some of my obese friends were especially slow to respond. They also happen to be
the ones with an unfortunate propensity for accidentally loosing their 6 inch rulers and taking
weeks to buy replacements.

So here's the deal: measure all the food you eat, using it's longest dimension, and keep the
total length to less than two feet per day. That's all there is. No scales, no counting calories
or carbohydrates. Heck, if you loose your ruler, you can even use the first joint of your thumb
to measure.

I am making this diet available as a public service and without compensation.

If you have any questions, just see Dr. Chung's helpful FAQ and substitute "Two Feet" for "Two
Pounds" everywhere... what could be simpler?

Sincerely,

God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 17:40:09 -0500, Thorsten Schier wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:

< Typical Chung-speak snipped>

>> Check out the unsolicited testimonials at:
>>
>> http://www/heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp
>
> Works better with a dot in place of the third slash.
>
> A few remarks to the text on this site:

< Attempts at rational discourse on this topic with Chung snipped>

Actually, people find it much easier to control the _length_ of food which they eat. I have
established this by rigorously following the "Chung Scientific Method" as described below:

[...]

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 18:35:18 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> Mack wrote:

>>> Yes, I pity you. Yes, I love you too, neighbor, as pitiful as you are.
>>
>> <anti-christian hissing snipped>
>
> You still have my pity and love, neighbor.

How about me Chung? Can I have some of that pity and love too?

FYI Note: I am aware that I am responding to a cross-posted message. Because the author of the
message to which I am responding did not request that the header be trimmed, I have not trimmed it.
If you are upset about reading this message, a few suggestions:

(1) Yell at Chung
(2) Report Chung to his ISP
(3) Killfile this thread.
(4) Killfile me.
(5) Read about free speech.

This discussion(s) is related to the Two Foot Diet approach (2FD) which I developed as a replacement
[...]

Though Steve invented this approach, he did not initiate this Usenet discussion(s). His
participation in this discussion(s) has been voluntary and has been conducted in the spirit of
community service. His motivation has been entirely altruistic and has arisen from his religious
beliefs as a Christian. Jesus freely gave of Himself to better the health of folks He touched:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/hypocrite.asp

From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are vehemently opposed to the 2 foot
diet approach. They have debated Steve on every perceived weakness of the 2 foot diet approach and
have lost the argument soundly at every point:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtlossfaqs.asp ... just substitute "Foot" for "Pound" everywhere.

These debates are archived on Google in their entirety within this and other discussion threads.

However, instead of conceding gracefully that they've lost the argument(s), certain parties have
redirected their hatred of the 2 foot diet approach toward its author. The rationale appears to be
"if you can not discredit the message then try to discredit the messenger."

Initially, these folks accused the messenger of "trolling." A "troll" is someone who posts under the
cloak of anonymity messages with no redeeming discussion value and with the sole purpose of starting
"flame" wars.

These hateful folks lost credibility with this accusation when the following observations were made:

(6) Steve has not been posting anonymously.

(7) The 2FD has been on-topic for the Usenet discussion groups hosting the discussion(s).

(a) Those who are failing low-carbing can dovetail LC with the 2FD to achieve near-ideal weight.

(b) Obese diabetics improve their blood glucose control when their weight becomes near-ideal.

(c) For (b) see: http://tinyurl.com/moreChungbullshit

(3) Steve did not start the discussion(s).

(4) The 2 foot diet approach is 100% free (no profit motive).

Full of hatred, frustration, and desperation, certain individuals have tried to attack Steve's
credentials knowing full well that they were attempting to libel him. One notable example is Dr.
Chung who is jealous that Steve has improved on his diet.

When the full light was cast on Dr. Chung's libelous statements, the hateful folks hiding in the
darkness of anonymity, most notably Mu, only hissed louder in support of their fallen hero.

Fortunately, those who have been following this discussion(s) either actively or as lurkers can
easily dismiss the hisses, for what they are, using the on-line third-party resources at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/sign_up_to_be_a_patient.asp

Moreover, readers need only make the following observations concerning the anon posters who continue
to hiss, most notably Mu:

(5) They are anonymous and thus expect to have no credibility (or accountability).

(6) They are by their Usenet history courtesy of Google, unsavory characters.

(7) They have not added anything to the discussion(s) except to deliver one-sided insults.

(8) They complain about alleged cross-posts from Steve by cross- posting.

(9) They do not complain about cross-posts from folks who attack the 2FD or its author.

and conclude that these anon posters deserve only their kill file. Unfortunately, they keep
Mu_Tating so that it is impossible to killfile them.

It is my hope that the above brings new readers of this thread up to speed.

It will remain my pleasure to participate here on Usenet above the din of hissing from the
peanut gallery.

Sincerely,

God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:40:44 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 18:35:18 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote (in message
>> <[email protected]>):

>>> You still have my pity and love, neighbor.
>>>

>> How about me Chung? Can I have some of that pity and love too?
>
> You have my thanks for the sincerest form of flattery.

You are certainly welcome, Brother Chung. Any time I can "flatter" you like that, I'll be happy to
do it. Maybe you could give me my own page on heartmd.com where I could flatter you even more?

[...]

From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are vehemently opposed to the 2 foot
[...]

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 19:49:58 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

<you know the drill..>

>Two pounds is plenty of food for a day.
>
> Thank you for your comments.
>
> Humbly,
>
> Andrew

Right on, Humble Andrew, MD/PhD, Board-Certified Cardiologist!

and Two Feet is plenty also... and easier to measure!

--
God's Other Humble Servant

Steve (Humble degrees and certifications omitted)