Very Impressed but who are you??

zakeen

Aug 14, 2003
I am new in these forum, however reading some of the info, questions and answers I have noticed that you all are quite clever and have great ideas.

I have notice a lot of you are coaches also. I see alot of club races that knows heaps of all the tech. stuff(VO2MAX,LT.etc...?

But my question is who are you?? can you give us an idea of what type of person or racer that knows so much about what your doing??

I'm a cyclist, cycling coach and exercise physiologist.

I had 11 bikes at one point, riding every dicipline except for cycle speedway and downhill mountain biking. Now I concentrate on track, road and TT. My training time is limited by work and study.

I have been riding MTB for 6 years and road for the past year.

I am a certified fitness trainer and i've got a BSc (chemistry)

I'm new here. I cycle for fitness(about 5 years), but I'm just starting to learn how to properly train. I'd like to get into racing. I plan to join a local club thats geared towards racing.

I have a B.S. in Exercise Science, with a Minor in Ex. Phys. I'm a certified Strength and Conditioning Coach. I worked as a Personal Trainer for 4 years be fore going back to colege.

I also have a B.S. in Physical Therapy. I currently work as an Outpatient Orthopeadic Therapist specializing in Foot and Ankle rehab.

I race TTs, and the i-magic on the web! I'm aiming to switch to more track riding. I'm a "trainee coach" (ABCC) with a BSc in Statistics. Currently 'coaching' two riders as part of my ABCC qualification. I also have a coach.

I would just like to thank each of you for sharing your 'credentials,' but more importantly your knowledge and experience. I'm new to the forums and it's wonderful to have so many members giving of themselves. In my case, I'm training for my first century in the fall. I'm 59 and for all intents and purposes I'm still very new to this wonderful sport! Again, thank you!