Very petite rider deciding between two Fujis

megs042

Jun 5, 2014
I am very new to road biking and am looking for a bike to get me started. My budget is small (I am a mommy to two young boys) and don't want to break the bank quite yet. So I am looking for a used bike. I am very petite (4'11", 115lbs). I have located a seller in NJ who is selling two of her bikes: 2007 Fuji Newest 4.0, size 42cm OR 2005 Fuji Finest (size ?) She has told me she is 5'4" (which makes a 42cm seem too small for her) and she has told me that both are 42cm. Although, I have not found any geometry specs for the '05 Finest, only that it came in S,M,L,XL. Does anyone know the measurements on that particular bike? Any thoughts on which is better? On a quick side by side comparison online, it looks as if some of the Finest components are better... but I also don't really know what I'm talking about. http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/Compare.aspx?b1=93347&b2=95364 Any advice/thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I should note that the 2007 has been ridden, but the 2005 is completely unused.

Since both bikes are from the same seller, I would go and ride each one, see if there is any difference. At the age of both of those bikes I would look more to fitment and condition then age. Also look at the asking price and components on the bikes. I would guess that the 2007, if is very good shape, needing no work should be worth about $200 tops. The 2005? Might be in better shape and probably came with a 9 speed Shimano set up instead of the 8 speed of the 2007 Finest 4.0. I might lean toward the 2005

Thank you so much for chiming in, Mr645. I did exactly what you suggested and ultimately went with the 2005. Fit was slightly better and the bike overall was in great condition.