very tender crockpot meat ideas?

Terrence Wizzle

Guest
I'm looking for a crockpot recipe that really shows off how tender the meat can be (without
it completely falling apart). Most important is that everyone will say "wow, this meat is
really tender".

Louis Cohen

Guest
Long, slow cooking makes pretty much any meat tender. You could start with a cut that is tender
already, like a steak or tenderloin. Or, impress your guests even more by using something as tough
as a brisket or pork butt, and making it fork-tender in the crock.

Brown the meat in a conventional pan, first, for better flavor.

----
Louis Cohen Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

"Terrence Wizzler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm looking for a crockpot recipe that really shows off how tender the meat can be (without it
> completely falling apart). Most important is that everyone will say "wow, this meat is really
> tender".

Sandy

Guest
I spray the crockpot with Pam first,,,,it makes cleaning up easier. Last
week I got advice from this news group to brown the roast 1st,,,which I
did,,,,,added pepper,,kosher salt,,,,,put a lb. of baby carrots in bottom of
crock pot,,,,roast on top,,,and covered with a cup of chicken broth,,and
half a pack of onion soup.......Terrific!