very tender crockpot meat ideas?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Terrence Wizzle, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. I'm looking for a crockpot recipe that really shows off how tender the meat can be (without
    it completely falling apart). Most important is that everyone will say "wow, this meat is
    really tender".

    Tags:

  2. Louis Cohen

    Louis Cohen Guest

    Long, slow cooking makes pretty much any meat tender. You could start with a cut that is tender
    already, like a steak or tenderloin. Or, impress your guests even more by using something as tough
    as a brisket or pork butt, and making it fork-tender in the crock.

    Brown the meat in a conventional pan, first, for better flavor.

    ----
    Louis Cohen Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

    "Terrence Wizzler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking for a crockpot recipe that really shows off how tender the meat can be (without it
    > completely falling apart). Most important is that everyone will say "wow, this meat is really
    > tender".

  3. Sandy

    Sandy Guest

    I spray the crockpot with Pam first,,,,it makes cleaning up easier. Last
    week I got advice from this news group to brown the roast 1st,,,which I
    did,,,,,added pepper,,kosher salt,,,,,put a lb. of baby carrots in bottom of
    crock pot,,,,roast on top,,,and covered with a cup of chicken broth,,and
    half a pack of onion soup.......Terrific!