Very very OT

Joshua Goldberg

Guest
I have a school assignment due today in Economics & got stuck on one question. Was thinking with all
these fresh brains in this NG with cabin fever...hmmmm fresh brains, someone might know the answer.
What 3 Economic Principles are in use in the song....If I had a Million Dollars (by) the Bare Naked
Ladies. Any answer appreciated as it will save me time looking for the answers...time I won't have
to work on my trike.

"Joshua Goldberg" skrev...
> I have a school assignment due today in Economics & got stuck on one question. Was thinking with
> all these fresh brains in this NG with cabin fever...hmmmm fresh brains, someone might know the
> answer. What 3 Economic Principles are in use in the song....If I had a Million Dollars (by) the
> Bare Naked Ladies. Any answer appreciated as it will save me time looking for the answers...time I
> won't have to work on my trike.

http://bnlrule2.freehomepages.com/iihamd.html

The lyrics

M.

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Mikael Seierup wrote:

> "Joshua Goldberg" skrev...
> > I have a school assignment due today in Economics & got stuck on one question. Was thinking with
> > all these fresh brains in this NG with cabin fever...hmmmm fresh brains, someone might know the
> > answer. What 3 Economic Principles are in use in the song....If I had a Million Dollars (by) the
> > Bare Naked Ladies.

Mikael Seierup replied:

> http://bnlrule2.freehomepages.com/iihamd.html
>
> The lyrics

Kent Peterson adds:

Man, this must be my day to comment on OT threads, but wasn't that song first written by
Tommy Smothers?

Kent Peterson Issaquah WA USA http://www.halcyon.com/peterson/rando.html

news:<[email protected]>...
> "Joshua Goldberg" skrev...
> > I have a school assignment due today in Economics & got stuck on one question. Was thinking with
> > all these fresh brains in this NG with cabin fever...hmmmm fresh brains, someone might know the
> > answer. What 3 Economic Principles are in use in the song....If I had a Million Dollars (by) the
> > Bare Naked Ladies. Any answer appreciated as it will save me time looking for the answers...time
> > I won't have to work on my trike.
> >

> http://bnlrule2.freehomepages.com/iihamd.html
>
> The lyrics
>
> M.

I think you are looking for three kinds of goods: normal, superior and inferior. An inferior good
has a demand which declines as income increases. The example in the song is Kraft dinners. A normal
good has a demand that increases with income (most of the other items on the list although K car
seems pretty tongue in cheek). Finally, a superior (or luxury) good is a specifc kind of superior
good whose demand increase faster than income (has an income elasticity greater than one.) I suppose
you could argue that the purchase of art or fur coats or big houses falls into this category.

Getting back to the topic of this forum, a cheap department store bike is an exampl eof an inferior
good. An nice recumbent like a Rans Tailwind or Tour Easy is a normal good. A TiRush might qualify
as a superior good.

I suggest you hit the books!

Thankyou A huge collection of fresh brains in ARBR and I get "one reply" sheesh. I just got back
from my trike ride. I have to work on someway to convince cars to pass me...I was leading a line of
cars at 10 mph, people stopped to watch...looking for the parade. Oh well assignment due in 1
hour...guess it is time to finally open the books and start the paper.
*******************
"John Pickett Alexandria VA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Joshua Goldberg" skrev...
> > > I have a school assignment due today in Economics & got stuck on one question. Was thinking
> > > with all these fresh brains in this NG with
cabin
> > > fever...hmmmm fresh brains, someone might know the answer. What 3 Economic Principles are in
> > > use in the song....If I had a
Million
> > > Dollars (by) the Bare Naked Ladies. Any answer appreciated as it will save me time looking for
> > > the answers...time I won't have to work on my trike.
> > >

> > http://bnlrule2.freehomepages.com/iihamd.html
> >
> > The lyrics
> >
> > M.
>
> I think you are looking for three kinds of goods: normal, superior and inferior. An inferior good
> has a demand which declines as income increases. The example in the song is Kraft dinners. A
> normal good has a demand that increases with income (most of the other items on the list although
> K car seems pretty tongue in cheek). Finally, a superior (or luxury) good is a specifc kind of
> superior good whose demand increase faster than income (has an income elasticity greater than
> one.) I suppose you could argue that the purchase of art or fur coats or big houses falls into
> this category.
>
> Getting back to the topic of this forum, a cheap department store bike is an exampl eof an
> inferior good. An nice recumbent like a Rans Tailwind or Tour Easy is a normal good. A TiRush
> might qualify as a superior good.
>
> I suggest you hit the books!

"John Pickett Alexandria VA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Getting back to the topic of this forum, a cheap department store bike is an exampl eof an
> inferior good. An nice recumbent like a Rans Tailwind or Tour Easy is a normal good. A TiRush
> might qualify as a superior good.

But what if you've really always wanted a monKEY?

Joshua, you have surprised me. Previously, I only thought my fellow American students wanted to get
good grades without doing any work. Good to know it works the same in Canada!

Joshua Goldberg wrote:
> Thankyou A huge collection of fresh brains in ARBR and I get "one reply" sheesh. I just got back
> from my trike ride. I have to work on someway to convince cars to pass me...I was leading a line
> of cars at 10 mph, people stopped to watch...looking for the parade. Oh well assignment due in 1
> hour...guess it is time to finally open the books and start the paper.

I just came back from writing the Economics exam....this class is soooo out of control. I'll share
this as I was floored by how the students are reacting to the Professor (this happened today)

Professor announces "any student who talks to a fellow student will be removed from the class". One
may student shouts back...Eat **** U *****. A 2nd student yells, yeah Eat a ton of it you **** and
then the entire class erupted in applause, cheering, jeering, throwing books at the Professor. I sat
there in total awe. I'd never seen a class of 120 students go this Apeshit before.

The Professor responded with...yeah well I think all of you are worthless little ***** too and he
starts reading the Take Home assignments (like mine that I asked for help here with).

After the exam several students told me that the Professor has totally lost it, he cannot control
the class and acts like he does'nt care. From what I saw today I'd have to agree with their
assessment.

I taught in a Highschool for a year in the late 70s and IF any of my students acted out I'd have
Staplegunned their heads to the floor and I'm a pretty easy going person, but I would not take any
BS like this Economics Prof. Might be Cabin Fever too.
----
"Paul Bruneau" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Joshua, you have surprised me. Previously, I only thought my fellow American students wanted to
> get good grades without doing any work. Good to know it works the same in Canada!
>
> Joshua Goldberg wrote:
> > Thankyou A huge collection of fresh brains in ARBR and I get "one reply" sheesh.
> > just got back from my trike ride. I have to work on someway to convince
cars
> > to pass me...I was leading a line of cars at 10 mph, people stopped to watch...looking for the
> > parade. Oh well assignment due in 1 hour...guess
it
> > is time to finally open the books and start the paper.

news:<[email protected]>...
> I just came back from writing the Economics exam....this class is soooo out of control. I'll share
> this as I was floored by how the students are reacting to the Professor (this happened today)
>
> Professor announces "any student who talks to a fellow student will be removed from the class".
> One may student shouts back...Eat **** U *****. A 2nd student yells, yeah Eat a ton of it you ****
> and then the entire class erupted in applause, cheering, jeering, throwing books at the Professor.
> I sat there in total awe. I'd never seen a class of 120 students go this Apeshit before.
>
> The Professor responded with...yeah well I think all of you are worthless little ***** too and he
> starts reading the Take Home assignments (like mine that I asked for help here with).
>
> After the exam several students told me that the Professor has totally lost it, he cannot control
> the class and acts like he does'nt care. From what I saw today I'd have to agree with their
> assessment.
>
> I taught in a Highschool for a year in the late 70s and IF any of my students acted out I'd have
> Staplegunned their heads to the floor and I'm a pretty easy going person, but I would not take any
> BS like this Economics Prof. Might be Cabin Fever too.

I do not believe one word of this. I think you are lying.

William Meacham Instructor Scottsdale Community College

Oh Yeah Bill Email me (off list) and I'll give you more details about this incident and a couple of
classes that went out of control before it. So far 80% of the class of 120 signed a petition to have
this teacher sacked, his webpage was ordered shutdown by the Administration. Every 3 hour class he
gives a coffee break after the 1st hour and of 120 students 4 students return (myself being one of
the 4...only because I miss most of Rush Hour traffic by hanging around). This moron has an attitude
problem that came out day one. 1st class he announced that he would NOT be giving out a Course
Outline (because) he didn't have the time to stand in a line-up and use a Xerox to make 120 copies.
Then he says (do NOT come to his lectures without the $100. textbook)...next class he announces he
decided he wasn't going to use the Textbook (everyone just bought...grrrr). Class 3 a student made a
Paper Airplane and it was sent flying around the room by each student it landed near. Several
students followed with their own Paper Airplanes and I guess we had about 10 planes in the air at
any one moment...the Professor totally ignored it all and kept talking about how much he and his
wife loved the sales at Wal-Mart and he went on and on about about how hard it was trying to
convince people that music by the "Bare Naked Ladies" was the BEST music ever made....thus this
music group used for the Assignment.

This is a Business Admin. Degree program (most of the students having already been working in
Accounting/Management/I.T.) and every teacher acts correctly and as you'd expect...except this guy
is on another planet.
"William Meacham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
news:<[email protected]>...

Kent Peterson wrote:

> Man, this must be my day to comment on OT threads, but wasn't that song first written by Tommy
> Smothers?...

I have no idea about the song, but Tommy's brother **** purchased a Lightning Stealth from an
a.r.b.r. contributor.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) Various HPV's