very weird display of tracking in time mode

DynV

Sep 9, 2012
I'm so proud to have to a garmin forerunner 305 with HRM with my little money. the only thing I'm not so happy are weird grades but I've read that because elevations are stored and is per coordinate instead of barometric ; I read that using the online tool would give better grades because of better elevations. instead of a watch with a barometer, I might as well get a speed/cadence sensor which would also calculate surface resistance (if I'm riding off the pavement (on a road), on mud, ...).

to the point! yesterday's ride joy riding lap gave me weeeird very close-looking readings but I didn't make it a case until I found out that clicking different points wouldn't highlight a map point. so after changing laps different times and restarting Garmin Training Center in hope the bug would be temporary... well I just upgraded to Training Center Legacy Version, Ver. 3.5.3 and I took the screenshots from the CD version, the new interface is cleaner but the behavior is exactly the same. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif I hadn't even finished writing the last sentenced that a new version was ready to install: 3.6.5. Although that upgrade made me pop my eyes as there was no data but just a second later a popup (window) asked proposed a few things and I upgraded my legacy account

so I'm all set and it look exactly, of very close, to the previous, shortly installed, one.

so the problem look very much the same, albeit with slightly different interfaces. getting back to the previous paragraph beginning, the weird similar readings

didn't seem so much of a problem until I clicked and the maps didn't respond. after a bit of tweaking, I switch to Distance and the interactivity was back

IMG
so then I went back to the problematic Time mode hoping the problem was simply my lack of interface knowledge or some special case mode/conversion. I though maybe smoothing was making the problem so I switched it off to see rugged/raw data, aaand the problem became weirder

is the problematic lap exported XML and here is an uploaded highlighted version.

any idea what could be the problem? I love time because my brain remember things in time POV, distance simply being part of the speed factor. remembering time from distance POV is simply impossible to me.

thanks!

update 1:

nooo! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif after the update, the problematic lap is now cropped to its 1st 1/3

it make me almost want to revert to a previous version to at least take a screenshot of the map. I've deleted to system/computer data and reimported the data from the device is still the same. I know its just a version problem as I did the same with the old version and I saw the full weird version. *sigh* it seem newer version aren't always better if they don't handle problems as well.