Vetta 100HR Cycling computer + Wireless

lischoux

Feb 26, 2004
Howdy,

Quick Q: I have a Vetta 100HR and have the wireless kit for the front wheel and the cadence for the cranks.

Juuuuust wondering... Why do you have to put the speed sensor on the front wheel ? Can you put it on the back wheel and would the distance btween the sensor and the handlebar mount not be too far ?

I am asking because I am curious if anyone has tried it before. The kit is installed and I don't want to mess with it now in case it will not work and waste those tiny plastic attachments on the sensors.

Thx

Originally posted by lischoux
Why do you have to put the speed sensor on the front wheel ? Can you put it on the back wheel and would the distance btween the sensor and the handlebar mount not be too far ?

Typically that is correct. I think there may also be 'line of sight' issues between the send/receive unit as far as proper and more importantly continuous data transfer is concerned.

Cipher said:
Typically that is correct. I think there may also be 'line of sight' issues between the send/receive unit as far as proper and more importantly continuous data transfer is concerned.

What would be nice is to mount on the rear so that when using the bike in winter on a trainer (where the front wheel is stationary), the computer actually can be used!