Vetta 100HR sudden problem

C A III A

Guest
Good afternoon. I got a little problem I might need your help with. I have a
Vetta 100HR wireless computer with wireless cadence option I got more than a
year ago. But I installed it just this morning.
So, after the install, I needed to check my new toy out. A mile and a half
into the ride, I suddenly lost any speed and cadence inputs. I spent some
time trying to figure out what's up, but nothing. I thought that it may be
old batteries in both wireless units, even though it's odd they went out at
the same time. Put new ones and again, nothing. The heartrate monitor is
fine though. It is receiving info just fine. I moved the wireless units
around, as well as magnets, but nothing happened. Any ideas what could it
be? It is weird how it stopped working right away.

--
_______

C A III A

C A III A wrote:
> Good afternoon. I got a little problem I might need your help with. I have a
> Vetta 100HR wireless computer with wireless cadence option I got more than a
> year ago. But I installed it just this morning.
> So, after the install, I needed to check my new toy out. A mile and a half
> into the ride, I suddenly lost any speed and cadence inputs. I spent some
> time trying to figure out what's up, but nothing. I thought that it may be
> old batteries in both wireless units, even though it's odd they went out at
> the same time. Put new ones and again, nothing. The heartrate monitor is
> fine though. It is receiving info just fine. I moved the wireless units
> around, as well as magnets, but nothing happened. Any ideas what could it
> be? It is weird how it stopped working right away.

You may have just accidentally toggled into the wrong display screen.
If you don't have the instructions you can download them at
www.vetta.com. Check pages 12 and 54. HTH.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

"Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>C A III A wrote:
>> Good afternoon. I got a little problem I might need your help with. I
>> have a
>> Vetta 100HR wireless computer with wireless cadence option I got more
>> than a
>> year ago. But I installed it just this morning.
>> So, after the install, I needed to check my new toy out. A mile and a
>> half
>> into the ride, I suddenly lost any speed and cadence inputs. I spent some
>> time trying to figure out what's up, but nothing. I thought that it may
>> be
>> old batteries in both wireless units, even though it's odd they went out
>> at
>> the same time. Put new ones and again, nothing. The heartrate monitor is
>> fine though. It is receiving info just fine. I moved the wireless units
>> around, as well as magnets, but nothing happened. Any ideas what could it
>> be? It is weird how it stopped working right away.
>>

> You may have just accidentally toggled into the wrong display screen.
> If you don't have the instructions you can download them at
> www.vetta.com. Check pages 12 and 54. HTH.
>
> Regards,
> Bob Hunt

I tracked down where I got the comp, asked for a receipt and mailed that
with the whole unit to Vetta. They sent me a replacement (upgraded with
"magnet calibrator"). All works fine. I just installed it and tomorrow
morning I will check it out on the pavement.