Vetta out of business?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Dave Jones, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Dave Jones

    Dave Jones Guest

    Fellow babies, I have been trying to contact Vetta USA and I have noticed a few things. They do not
    answer their email. They do not answer their phone during advertised business hours. Their voice
    mail boxes are all always full. The operator does not answer the phone, it simply rings and rings...
    Has anyone here heard if they are Out Of Business? Not trying to start a rumor but the web site
    www.vetta.com has not been updated since Spring of 2002(!?). If they are not out of business then
    what gives? Just very lazy? Funky way to sell product, I must say. vty, dj.

    Tags:

  2. Mlb

    Mlb Guest

    [q1]> business then what gives? Just very lazy? Funky way to sell product, I must say. vty, dj.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

    I THINK I remember reading that they got bought out by "someone"?????

  3. Dave Jones

    Dave Jones Guest

    Derek Swift <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    [q1]> All of these issues are reminiscent of the Yellowbike and BikeE demises.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

    I agree. That is why I am asking. Both of those companies were, in fact, imploding and denying it,
    even as we asked the questions and noted the lack of attention to business. dj.

  4. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    All of these issues are reminiscent of the Yellowbike and BikeE demises.

    Derek

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Dave Jones) wrote:

    > Fellow babies, I have been trying to contact Vetta USA and I have noticed a few things. They do
    > not answer their email. They do not answer their phone during advertised business hours. Their
    > voice mail boxes are all always full. The operator does not answer the phone, it simply rings and
    > rings... Has anyone here heard if they are Out Of Business? Not trying to start a rumor but the
    > web site www.vetta.com has not been updated since Spring of 2002(!?). If they are not out of
    > business then what gives? Just very lazy? Funky way to sell product, I must say. vty, dj.

  5. Dave Jones

    Dave Jones Guest

    Jun Nogami <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > They are now distributed by Raleigh USA

    Thanks Jun, both for the news and for the link. Very interesting site and one of my
    favorites now. dj.

  6. Dave Jones

    Dave Jones Guest

    Raleigh has absolutely nothing on their web site about Vetta products...or primal wear either for
    that matter. dj

  7. Raleigh is a major distributor for both Primal Wear and Vetta. They have no information on their
    website because they distribute thru authorized dealers. There is no reason for them to put their
    P&A on their website as Raleigh dealers may or may not carry their some or all of their P&A
    products. Most any LBS can get you Vetta products from one or more of their distributors. I can
    think of three distributors besides Raleigh that carry Vetta.

    Inc 1-800-586-6645 "Dave Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Raleigh has absolutely nothing on their web site about Vetta products...or primal wear either for
    > that matter. dj

  8. Dave Jones

    Dave Jones Guest

    "Jude T. McGloin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<3e2f56e5$0
    > Most any LBS can get you Vetta products from one or more of their distributors. I can
    > think of three distributors besides Raleigh that carry Vetta.

    I have contacted several LBS and Performance about a cadence kit for a wired V-100 and thay all tell
    me that they are not available (NLA). Contacted others about the wireless V-100 with wireless
    cadence; same story--don't have one and doubt that they can get one. Do you sell them, Jude? Can you
    get either of those things? I am not trying to be contrary here. I think that the wired V-100 with
    cadence has all the features that I could want.

  9. David, Don't have but can get, Call me.