Vetta RT77 - no cadence measurement

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Chris Grunwell, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Chris Grunwell

Chris Grunwell New Member

Hi all!

I wonder if anyone has had this issue before with a Vetta computer - RT77 model specifically..

So i've hooked up the wired sensor and magnet to my bike, and all measurements are recording absolutely fine - Distance, Avg speed, Odometer etc. That is all apart from the Cadence - which ignorantly just sits at 0! Obviously the magnet and sensor positioning is fine, same too for the wiring, as the other measurements wouldn't be measuring successfully.

Ive tried resetting it via removal of the CR2032 battery, but to no avail..

Has anyone seen this before or could offer any ideas?

Cheers gang!

Chris

Tags:

2. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Well, distance, avg speed, and odometer readings have nothing to do with cadence measurement or the alignment of the cadence sensor. I'd double check that the magnet on the crank arm is not only passing close enough to the sensor but also passing over the correct area on the sensor.

3. Chris Grunwell

Chris Grunwell New Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

I spent some hours at the weekend ensuring this was all OK. Surely if the alignment was an issue, then no other measurements would work?

Thanks!

Chris

4. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

No, that's not the case. The speed sensor is different than the cadence sensor. They measure independently, so if the alignment isn't right on the cadence sensor and is ok on the speed sensor, you'll not get cadence data but will still get speed and distance data.