Vetta V100A wireless computer - anyone know

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Retired Coal Mi

Vetta V100A wireless altimeter:

Can someone tell me if this computer's transponder is mountable on the front shock (Manitou SX) of a
mountain bike?

Are there any better wireless computers for mtb's out there? I'm specifically looking for wireless
with an altimeter and temp readouts.

Retired coal miner <unlisted> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Vetta V100A wireless altimeter:
>
> Can someone tell me if this computer's transponder is mountable on the
front
> shock (Manitou SX) of a mountain bike?
>
> Are there any better wireless computers for mtb's out there? I'm specifically looking for wireless
> with an altimeter and temp readouts.
>
Think cateye had a model with alt on it but no temp. Avocet had a temp,alt and compass watch but no
speedo for bike.

"Retired coal miner" <unlisted> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Vetta V100A wireless altimeter:
>
> Can someone tell me if this computer's transponder is mountable on the front shock (Manitou SX) of
> a mountain bike?

The Vetta Transmitters are usually just held on with zip-ties. You shouldn't have a problem
mounting it.

> Are there any better wireless computers for mtb's out there? I'm specifically looking for wireless
> with an altimeter and temp readouts.

I don't believe that any major manufacturer produces an MTB specific wireless computer. Cateye does
produce wireless (without Temp or alt), an altimeter version(wired), and an ATB model (heavy wire no
alt). Avocet, at one time, produced an altimeter/cycle computer (the 50), but they had problems with
the case design and resulting chip failures. Vetta might be your only choice if you want altimeter,
temp, and wireless.

R

"David Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Retired coal miner <unlisted> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Vetta V100A wireless altimeter:
> >
> > Can someone tell me if this computer's transponder is mountable on the
> front
> > shock (Manitou SX) of a mountain bike?
> >
> > Are there any better wireless computers for mtb's out there? I'm specifically looking for
> > wireless with an altimeter and temp readouts.
> >
> Think cateye had a model with alt on it but no temp.

Most of the "public consumption" altimeters will have temperature (since the altimeter needs
to correct for changes in temperature). The Cateye has a temp function, but it is not a
wireless computer.

> Avocet had a temp,alt and compass watch but no speedo for bike.

Neither the Vertech or the VertechII have ever had a compass function. The Vertech "wrist
instrument" has altitude (and cumulative), temperature, barometer, and watch functions. It was
never really intended for the bicycle industry, the Hoffacker's tend to ski more than they ride
these days.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.