Via Bike train (Toronto to Niagara ride)

I_ride_my_bike

Jan 4, 2006
My friend and I are planning on bike riding from Toronto to Niagara falls and then take the train back home. We were thinking of bike riding into the US and were wondering how much ******** is there these days to deal with if you are bike riding across the border? I know bike riding back into Canada will be easy, but these days riding into the US seems worse than travelling across the border into North Korea. Is it worth the trouble to ride across the bridge into the US? The only reason I want to ride across is to take some photography of the urban decay on the US side of Niagara Falls and Buffalo.

I_ride_my_bike said:
My friend and I are planning on bike riding from Toronto to Niagara falls and then take the train back home. We were thinking of bike riding into the US and were wondering how much ******** is there these days to deal with if you are bike riding across the border? I know bike riding back into Canada will be easy, but these days riding into the US seems worse than travelling across the border into North Korea. Is it worth the trouble to ride across the bridge into the US? The only reason I want to ride across is to take some photography of the urban decay on the US side of Niagara Falls and Buffalo.

Well, seein's how I live here, I can say that there's no worthwhile reason for crossing from Canada into Our Motherland.

I_ride_my_bike said:
If all you want is to find some photo evidence of urban/societal decay, take a pic of your mirror reflection, dude, and stay in Toronto; like the unpatriotic tomato-throwers in the Vietnam era, you don't deserve the benefits of le route vert.

North Korea, eh? I guess you should count your blessings that I'm not a border agent up yonder....

bigpedaler said:
If all you want is to find some photo evidence of urban/societal decay, take a pic of your mirror reflection, dude, and stay in Toronto; like the unpatriotic tomato-throwers in the Vietnam era, you don't deserve the benefits of le route vert.

North Korea, eh? I guess you should count your blessings that I'm not a border agent up yonder....

Wow. So protesting isn't patriotic? Since when? What was it, exactly, that I_ride_my_bike said that was so wrong?

A friend of mine is a strident anti-war sort, doubly so when it comes to the topic of the Vietnam morass. BTW, he spent 1.5 years as a prisoner of the Vietcong before he and two other prisoners killed their guards, escaped and were found by LRRPS. Maybe you'd like to tell him that he's unpatriotic? Maybe you know something about patriotism and sacrifice that he doesn't? Maybe you have some secret knowledge about what patriotism "really is" that you're holding back from the masses?