[VIC] Amy's Ride

craigster_jd

New Member
Jun 23, 2004
Picked up a flyer for this in the LBS yesterday - thought some people may be interested....

"Ride with the Stars" of the Jayco Bay Cycling Classic
Saturday 7 January 2006

Three ride options: 120k/45k/5k
Start: 10:00 to 11:00 Geelong Botanic Gardens
Entry: $58 (includes jersey, wristband, bidon and cap - first 500 entrants receive a stopwatch)

$10 from each entry goes to the Amy Gillett Foundation

Enter at www.amysride.com.au from 16 October.

sounds awesome - thanks for the heads up craigster!

(doesn't look like their domain is setup yet.. let me just register that and
start phishing.. anyone have a spare $140?)

cheers,
GPL
:morals? bah, I'll donate $10 to the foundation from everyone's CC: :)

On 11/10/05 at 09:34:34 craigster_jd somehow managed to type:

<snip>

> Enter at www.amysride.com.au from 16 October.

Ta for the heads up - with any sort of good fortune I should make it.

--
Humbug

craigster_jd said:
Picked up a flyer for this in the LBS yesterday - thought some people may be interested....

"Ride with the Stars" of the Jayco Bay Cycling Classic
Saturday 7 January 2006

Three ride options: 120k/45k/5k
Start: 10:00 to 11:00 Geelong Botanic Gardens
Entry: $58 (includes jersey, wristband, bidon and cap - first 500 entrants receive a stopwatch)

$10 from each entry goes to the Amy Gillett Foundation

Enter at www.amysride.com.au from 16 October.
that does sound pretty cool actually.... might have to give that one a go... a bit sad how on $10 goes to the foundation though... if they did not give you anything... imagine how much more money could go to the foundation.

MikeyOz wrote:
> craigster_jd Wrote:
> > Picked up a flyer for this in the LBS yesterday - thought some people
> > may be interested....
> >
> > "Ride with the Stars" of the Jayco Bay Cycling Classic
> > Saturday 7 January 2006
> >
> > Three ride options: 120k/45k/5k
> > Start: 10:00 to 11:00 Geelong Botanic Gardens
> > Entry: $58 (includes jersey, wristband, bidon and cap - first 500
> > entrants receive a stopwatch)
> >
> > $10 from each entry goes to the Amy Gillett Foundation
> >
> > Enter at www.amysride.com.au from 16 October.

> that does sound pretty cool actually.... might have to give that one a
> go... a bit sad how on $10 goes to the foundation though... if they did
> not give you anything... imagine how much more money could go to the
> foundation.

you can always just donate $50 to them, if you'd prefer.

MikeyOz said:
that does sound pretty cool actually.... might have to give that one a go... a bit sad how on $10 goes to the foundation though... if they did not give you anything... imagine how much more money could go to the foundation.
Perhaps the goodies are being donated? Businesses may donate goods to sponsor an event where they wouldn't give the cash. In turn it will make the event more attractive to people considering entering...

cheers,
Ali

Bleve said:
MikeyOz wrote:
> craigster_jd Wrote:
> > Picked up a flyer for this in the LBS yesterday - thought some people
> > may be interested....
> >
> > "Ride with the Stars" of the Jayco Bay Cycling Classic
> > Saturday 7 January 2006
> >
> > Three ride options: 120k/45k/5k
> > Start: 10:00 to 11:00 Geelong Botanic Gardens
> > Entry: $58 (includes jersey, wristband, bidon and cap - first 500
> > entrants receive a stopwatch)
> >
> > $10 from each entry goes to the Amy Gillett Foundation
> >
> > Enter at www.amysride.com.au from 16 October.

> that does sound pretty cool actually.... might have to give that one a
> go... a bit sad how on $10 goes to the foundation though... if they did
> not give you anything... imagine how much more money could go to the
> foundation.

you can always just donate $50 to them, if you'd prefer.
hmmm I never realised I came across so stupid in my posts.... thanks!

maybe I would really like the opportunity to ride with professional riders, just not donate $48 to something other than the foundation, that is a fair chunk of money, out of $58 dollars, council, insurance, the pros... hmm maybe I could just donate $50 to the foundation instead.

Registrant: Knapp Communications Pty Limited
Registrant ID: ABN 51073514342

Looks like cyclingnews.com did the job today...

cheers,
GPL