[VIC] Amy's Ride

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by craigster_jd, Oct 10, 2005.

  1. craigster_jd

    craigster_jd New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2004
    Picked up a flyer for this in the LBS yesterday - thought some people may be interested....

    "Ride with the Stars" of the Jayco Bay Cycling Classic
    Saturday 7 January 2006

    Three ride options: 120k/45k/5k
    Start: 10:00 to 11:00 Geelong Botanic Gardens
    Entry: $58 (includes jersey, wristband, bidon and cap - first 500 entrants receive a stopwatch)

    $10 from each entry goes to the Amy Gillett Foundation

    Enter at www.amysride.com.au from 16 October.

    Tags:

  2. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    sounds awesome - thanks for the heads up craigster!

    (doesn't look like their domain is setup yet.. let me just register that and
    start phishing.. anyone have a spare $140?)

    cheers,
    GPL
    :morals? bah, I'll donate $10 to the foundation from everyone's CC: :)

  3. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Ta muchly for the info! :)

  4. Humbug

    Humbug Guest

    On 11/10/05 at 09:34:34 craigster_jd somehow managed to type:

    <snip>

    > Enter at www.amysride.com.au from 16 October.

    Ta for the heads up - with any sort of good fortune I should make it.

    --
    Humbug

  5. MikeyOz

    MikeyOz New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2003
    that does sound pretty cool actually.... might have to give that one a go... a bit sad how on $10 goes to the foundation though... if they did not give you anything... imagine how much more money could go to the foundation.

  6. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    MikeyOz wrote:
    > craigster_jd Wrote:
    > > Picked up a flyer for this in the LBS yesterday - thought some people
    > > may be interested....
    > >
    > > "Ride with the Stars" of the Jayco Bay Cycling Classic
    > > Saturday 7 January 2006
    > >
    > > Three ride options: 120k/45k/5k
    > > Start: 10:00 to 11:00 Geelong Botanic Gardens
    > > Entry: $58 (includes jersey, wristband, bidon and cap - first 500
    > > entrants receive a stopwatch)
    > >
    > > $10 from each entry goes to the Amy Gillett Foundation
    > >
    > > Enter at www.amysride.com.au from 16 October.

    > that does sound pretty cool actually.... might have to give that one a
    > go... a bit sad how on $10 goes to the foundation though... if they did
    > not give you anything... imagine how much more money could go to the
    > foundation.

    you can always just donate $50 to them, if you'd prefer.

  7. alison_b

    alison_b New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2005
    Perhaps the goodies are being donated? Businesses may donate goods to sponsor an event where they wouldn't give the cash. In turn it will make the event more attractive to people considering entering...

    cheers,
    Ali

  8. MikeyOz

    MikeyOz New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2003
    hmmm I never realised I came across so stupid in my posts.... thanks!

    maybe I would really like the opportunity to ride with professional riders, just not donate $48 to something other than the foundation, that is a fair chunk of money, out of $58 dollars, council, insurance, the pros... hmm maybe I could just donate $50 to the foundation instead.

  9. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    Registrant: Knapp Communications Pty Limited
    Registrant ID: ABN 51073514342

    Looks like cyclingnews.com did the job today...

    cheers,
    GPL