{Vic} Cyclist down - Olinda

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
On ABC 11am News, a cyclist has crashed at approx 9am on Olinda Rd and has suffered serious head injuries. The news item didn't mention whether the incident involved another vehicle or not. :(

Is this Olinda rd referring to The Wall, ie the Olinda-Monbulk rd?

On 2006-08-13, cfsmtb <[email protected]> wrote:

> On ABC 11am News, a cyclist has crashed at approx 9am on Olinda Rd and
> has suffered serious head injuries. The news item didn't mention
> whether the incident involved another vehicle or not. :(

From the story I heard (on radio national) 'twas a mountainer biker on a
trail, on cars involved. Hope s/he recovers quickly.

Cheers

Joel Mayes wrote:
> On 2006-08-13, cfsmtb <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On ABC 11am News, a cyclist has crashed at approx 9am on Olinda Rd and
>>has suffered serious head injuries. The news item didn't mention
>>whether the incident involved another vehicle or not. :(
>>

> From the story I heard (on radio national) 'twas a mountainer biker on a
> trail, on cars involved. Hope s/he recovers quickly.
>
> Cheers

A motorised scooter rider got hit and killed ny a car yesterday in Perth.

Friday

Friday <[email protected]> wrote:

> A motorised scooter rider got hit and killed ny a car yesterday in Perth.

Yeah, and guess how it was reported on the nightly new. "A Scooter rider
died after the scooter struck a four wheel drive." The news item did not
go on to provide any details as to how the accident actually happened,
so I suspect they had no idea who really struck who...

--
..dt