{Vic} Cyclist down - Olinda

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by cfsmtb, Aug 12, 2006.

  1. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    On ABC 11am News, a cyclist has crashed at approx 9am on Olinda Rd and has suffered serious head injuries. The news item didn't mention whether the incident involved another vehicle or not. :(

    Tags:

  2. jur

    jur New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2005
    Is this Olinda rd referring to The Wall, ie the Olinda-Monbulk rd?

  3. Joel Mayes

    Joel Mayes Guest

    On 2006-08-13, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.2cgg0z@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:

    > On ABC 11am News, a cyclist has crashed at approx 9am on Olinda Rd and
    > has suffered serious head injuries. The news item didn't mention
    > whether the incident involved another vehicle or not. :(

    From the story I heard (on radio national) 'twas a mountainer biker on a
    trail, on cars involved. Hope s/he recovers quickly.

    Cheers

  4. Friday

    Friday Guest

    Joel Mayes wrote:
    > On 2006-08-13, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.2cgg0z@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On ABC 11am News, a cyclist has crashed at approx 9am on Olinda Rd and
    >>has suffered serious head injuries. The news item didn't mention
    >>whether the incident involved another vehicle or not. :(
    >>

    > From the story I heard (on radio national) 'twas a mountainer biker on a
    > trail, on cars involved. Hope s/he recovers quickly.
    >
    > Cheers

    A motorised scooter rider got hit and killed ny a car yesterday in Perth.

    Friday

  5. dtmeister

    dtmeister Guest

    Friday <nowhere@sometime.net.au> wrote:

    > A motorised scooter rider got hit and killed ny a car yesterday in Perth.

    Yeah, and guess how it was reported on the nightly new. "A Scooter rider
    died after the scooter struck a four wheel drive." The news item did not
    go on to provide any details as to how the accident actually happened,
    so I suspect they had no idea who really struck who...

    --
    ..dt