Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Vic U19 TT & RR Report- Brief

Started by Jono L · · Last activity · 3 posts · 392 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
21 August 2006
Last activity
21 August 2006
Original author
Jono L
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
392
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Basically I got a shock when i found out Leigh Howard was there(He wasn't supposed to be. The TT was ok, not much to say, i rode as fast as i could! Came in 8th, I reckon with the proper TT gear I could've slipped up to maybe 5th or so, but whatever, I'm a mountain goat!

    The Road Race
    121k
    Five laps of a flat course with a nice 1k @ 6-7%ish hill. Basically, first time over the hill I put in a surge trying to get someone to come with me. No on came. I thought oh what the hell and went out solo. I got up to 2min but once they started reducing the gap I sat up. I was hoping for one or two poeple to come across, not the whole bunch! So, I just wasted 35k of solo TTing, [censored]. Rumours had it that Tim White started blocking for me, but a few others were not "pleased" with that! Oh well, worth a shot, cheers Tim.

    Third time over the hill, Pip Grinter and Ricky People put the pressure on and on Leigh Howard myself and Glenn O'shea held on, the group of 30 was down to 5. We all rolled turns making sure no -one else was coming. During the next lap O'shea got dropped and one other kid came from nowhere and solo TT'ed up to us. In the last 30 k, the pace slowed and I had one last dig going up the hill, no one came. They worked together and brought me back and it was destined for a bunch sprint! I was amazed, in a bunch with Leigh Howard who could outsprint any of us with only one leg, no-one wanted to break away! God Dammit!

    So bunch sprint came, and Howard streaked away, Grinter got second and Ricky Peoples got 3rd with not much between 4th and me. So i got 5th. Bring on Nationals!

    Average speed about 36 (will have to wait for results to confirm it. OH, and the first 10k were under control at 25k an hour so that would have dropped the average a touch.)

    Jono

  2. Jono L said:

    I was amazed, in a bunch with Leigh Howard who could outsprint any of us with only one leg, no-one wanted to break away! God Dammit!

    damn right, did the other guys not know who he was? Niiice work on the 5th and shelling most of the field!

  3. They knew who he was... We all knew each other in that group of 5. They all knew I'd try and attack so I'm surpised they didn't try and come with. They must've been too tired or just stupid!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.