Victoria Rubino Intrepeds Tyres

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Kurt Green, Oct 19, 2004.

  1. Kurt Green

    Kurt Green Guest

    Has anyone had these ? and if so can you recommend them ?
    I have found one post in Cycling forums, and one guy needs to replace them
    after just over 1000 k's .

    I just bought 2 from Rebel Sports for $39 a tyre, but now I am worried ?

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Kurt Green" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Has anyone had these ? and if so can you recommend them ?
    > I have found one post in Cycling forums, and one guy needs to replace them
    > after just over 1000 k's .

    I've done a couple of thousand km on my first one (on the back), and
    just bought another (for the front). I'm no lightweight, and the choice
    of 25mm tyres available seems slim, but these seem pretty good. The guy
    at Bicycle Superstore in Dandenong claimed they use them as training
    tyres.

    --
    Shane Stanley

  3. Kurt Green

    Kurt Green Guest

    Have you had many flats with them ?
    "Shane Stanley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Kurt Green" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Has anyone had these ? and if so can you recommend them ?
    > > I have found one post in Cycling forums, and one guy needs to replace

    them
    > > after just over 1000 k's .

    > I've done a couple of thousand km on my first one (on the back), and
    > just bought another (for the front). I'm no lightweight, and the choice
    > of 25mm tyres available seems slim, but these seem pretty good. The guy
    > at Bicycle Superstore in Dandenong claimed they use them as training
    > tyres.
    >
    > --
    > Shane Stanley

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Kurt Green" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Have you had many flats with them ?

    How do I answer this question with tempting fate? ;-)

    --
    Shane Stanley

  5. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "Shane Stanley" <[email protected]
    > "Kurt Green" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Has anyone had these ? and if so can you recommend them ?
    > > I have found one post in Cycling forums, and one guy needs to replace

    them
    > > after just over 1000 k's .

    > I've done a couple of thousand km on my first one (on the back), and
    > just bought another (for the front). I'm no lightweight, and the choice
    > of 25mm tyres available seems slim, but these seem pretty good. The guy
    > at Bicycle Superstore in Dandenong claimed they use them as training
    > tyres.

    Only a couple of thousand? You may as well spend
    $80 on Mich ProRace if that's all they get? If it's just
    a training tyre you want more kays than that!

    hippy

  6. In article <[email protected]>,
    "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Only a couple of thousand?

    As in "so far". Mind you, I only got about 3000km out of the Gatorskin
    it replaced.

    --
    Shane Stanley

  7. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "Shane Stanley" <[email protected]
    > "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Only a couple of thousand?

    > As in "so far". Mind you, I only got about 3000km out of the Gatorskin
    > it replaced.

    That makes more sense :)

    I've already killed one of the new Schwalbe's and
    had to refit the ProRace it was supposed to replace,
    thanks to this incident:
    http://www.thehippy.net/nucleus/index.php?itemid=112

    I didn't notice it until right after the first Glenvale crit
    when the tyre was wobbling all over the place.. about
    to burst! Made it home though ;-)

    hippy

  8. In article <[email protected]>,
    "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I've already killed one of the new Schwalbe's and
    > had to refit the ProRace it was supposed to replace,
    > thanks to this incident:

    At least you had something to blame. My tyre had two sideways kinks, and
    I can't think why.

    > I didn't notice it until right after the first Glenvale crit
    > when the tyre was wobbling all over the place.. about
    > to burst! Made it home though ;-)

    :)

    Mine was noticed when the bike was sitting outside and there was a loud
    bang. The rim tape was worn, the tube was touching the edge of a
    spoke-hole, and the sun was warming everything up nicely...

    --
    Shane Stanley

  9. adam

    adam Guest

    "Kurt Green" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected].com.au...
    > Has anyone had these ? and if so can you recommend them ?
    > I have found one post in Cycling forums, and one guy needs to replace them
    > after just over 1000 k's .
    >
    > I just bought 2 from Rebel Sports for $39 a tyre, but now I am worried ?

    Maybe I was just unlucky but mine got a 3 inch slash right down the middle
    while the bike
    was in the back of the car for some strange reason. I had to chuck it away
    after less than
    2000km. No idea how it happened, there was no glass in it, but this was a
    Vittoria tyre,
    maybe the Victoria ones are different :)

    I didn't really like the conti gatorskins either, for all the marketing they
    still flatted just as often
    and the sidewalls split. Probably got 3000 or 4000km out of those. My last
    few set of tyres have
    died long before the tyre is worn out. I got a really cheap pair of Conti
    Grand Prix S on special
    so I'll see how they go.

    Adam