Victorian support for cycling

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by warrwych, Aug 3, 2006.

  1. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    I just read this news item from last Saturday's Herald Sun. Whilst it contains nothing new regarding the Landis issue, it does quote "Victoria's top cycling official" and his views on our beloved sport. May be he should go to badminton or synchronised flower pruning instead?? I hope that he has in fact been seriously misquoted:

    http://tinyurl.com/lpsf4

    Tags:

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Yeah read that. Yet another retired cyclist craps on about stuff he should otherwise keep trap shut. Recall Eddy Merckx last month waffling on about women tennis players? sigh.

  3. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    not just a retired cyclist but president of the csv board.......

  4. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Not just a retired cyclist but but a several time TdF winner and cycling legend...... touché!

  5. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    Joe Ciavlola won the TdF?????????

  6. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Nah, sorry, I was talking about Eddy's foot in gob attack.

  7. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    aah yup.. I also liked Lemond's back flip on Lance's drug taking - I don't like him because, well I don't like him!!! perfect logic! ;)

  8. Snuffy

    Snuffy New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    As a badminton player, I resent that... What's the problem?? Is the sport too fast for you??

    http://tinyurl.com/ptszp

  9. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    The next day, when asked about his quote "cyling has got to be right up there with the filthiest sports," Mr Ciavola busrt into LOL.

    "OMGWTF, what I meant to say man, was, like, I fully dig this sick sport... and I've been like misquoted man"...Mr Ciavola then popped a small round tablet and asked reporters if they'd seen his new MySpace blog...

  10. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    nah. just the "I'm bent as hell and proud of it" award.

    the last CSV board election dissolved into something resembling a labour preselection punchup...

  11. Spoken4

    Spoken4 Guest

    Snuffy wrote:

    > warrwych Wrote:
    >> May be he should go to badminton or synchronised flower pruning
    >> instead??

    > As a badminton player, I resent that... What's the problem?? Is the
    > sport too fast for you??
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/ptszp

    Too bloody hard to play on the bike.

  12. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
  13. dave

    dave Guest

    warrwych wrote:
    > cfsmtb Wrote:
    >
    >>Nah, sorry, I was talking about Eddy's foot in gob attack.

    > aah yup.. I also liked Lemond's back flip on Lance's drug taking - I
    > don't like him because, well I don't like him!!! perfect logic! ;)

  14. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    Nope.. it's the looking up all the time that gets me! The net's too high.. :p