Vid: Tour de France Idiot

I remeber that stage. It was Guerini who then won it anyway. Thanks God.

Channel 4 at the time showed Guerini meeting the guy after the race.
Guerini was pretty calm about what that guy did - the guy apologised profusely for having nearly stolen the stage win from Guerini.

It was a stupid thing to have done nontheless.

Very stupid, but imagine that guy if Guerini wouldn`t win and even injured himself! I would definitely kill myself..

there are dumbasses everywhere. No matter where you go, theres always going to be a stupid/dolt/simpleton/idiot/dumbass not far away.

limerickman said:
Channel 4 at the time showed Guerini meeting the guy after the race.
Guerini was pretty calm about what that guy did - the guy apologised profusely for having nearly stolen the stage win from Guerini.

It was a stupid thing to have done nontheless.

That day was a huge win for Guerini ... probably the biggest of his career. I remember the sinking feeling I felt the first time I saw it ... the guy not moving, Guerini swerving to the left... ugh. Even after the fall, he still won the stage by something close to 30 seconds over Tonkov, Armstrong, Escartin, and Zulle. Pretty tough chase group there.

tcklyde said:
I remember the sinking feeling I felt the first time I saw it ... the guy not moving, Guerini swerving to the left... ugh. Even after the fall, he still won the stage by something close to 30 seconds over Tonkov, Armstrong, Escartin, and Zulle. Pretty tough chase group there.
I know this sounds a little, how you say...? "Sick"?
I would love to see a clean version of the broadcast video on the left side of the player and the video from the "TDF Idiot's" camera on the right side of the player. Sync them to the time of impact then edit the sound out of the Broadcast side so that it doesn't step on the sound from Idiot's video camera and you would have something. Then of course send a copy to Guerini for his memoirs.

lw

tcklyde said:
That day was a huge win for Guerini ... probably the biggest of his career. I remember the sinking feeling I felt the first time I saw it ... the guy not moving, Guerini swerving to the left... ugh. Even after the fall, he still won the stage by something close to 30 seconds over Tonkov, Armstrong, Escartin, and Zulle. Pretty tough chase group there.

very good recall there, tcklyde.

Guerini went on a flier that day and managed to stay away from what you correctly describe as being an elite chasing group.
Yep the guy stepped out, Guerini went left to avoid the guy and the guy taking the photo sort of panicked and went to his right, putting himself right in Guerini's path.
Crash!
Guerini went down.

The guy at least tried to help Guerini back up on the bike but it could have been a very very expensive mistake for Guiseppe if he hadn't won that stage.

Why did Guerini go left though? This struck me as something rather foolish as the man had come from his left and would obviously return there.

It`s just too hard to think about which way will you go if a man stands in front of you at the end of a long, hard stage, especially if you are going for a win which is still in danger of chasers.

solution:

ban those asshats from any cycling event

i'd also like to see someone deck those f*ck-twats who run alongside the climbers, and in the tour-de-georgia, it is ALWAYS some redneck mother-f*cker in suspenders, no shirt, and a cheap cowboy hat--GAWD!

may they die in their minivan*

*the car of the idiot

PartisanRanger said:
Why did Guerini go left though? This struck me as something rather foolish as the man had come from his left and would obviously return there.
200kms of cycling uphill will do that to ya. :D