Video clips on Eurosport

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Per ElmsäTer, Apr 10, 2003.

  1. Does anybody know how I can watch the video clips that are on www.eurosport.com I'll click on a clip
    and a new window opens but nothing ever happens. I have IE 6.0 and a fairly fast DSL line so it
    shouldn't be that. Rather some plug-in that I need to install.

    --
    Perre

    Remove and/or replace the DOTs as needed to reply

    Tags:

  2. Per Elmsäter wrote:
    > Does anybody know how I can watch the video clips that are on www.eurosport.com I'll click on a
    > clip and a new window opens but nothing ever happens. I have IE 6.0 and a fairly fast DSL line so
    > it shouldn't be that. Rather some plug-in that I need to install.

    Is there anybody that has been able to see the clips???
    --

  3. On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 23:04:35 GMT, Per Elmsäter wrote:
    >> www.eurosport.com
    >
    >Is there anybody that has been able to see the clips???

    Yes. I use Mozilla on Win2k and RealPlayer works just fine.

  4. Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 23:04:35 GMT, Per Elmsäter wrote:
    >>> www.eurosport.com
    >>
    >> Is there anybody that has been able to see the clips???
    >
    > Yes. I use Mozilla on Win2k and RealPlayer works just fine.

    Thanks. I had recently uninstalled Real Player one day when I was cleaning up my machine. Had so
    much crap start up that I wasn't really using. Strange though that Windows Media Player doesn't
    handle those clips. I reinstalled Real Player and now everything is just fine.

    --
    Perre

    Remove and/or replace the DOTs as needed to reply

  5. Oldphart

    Oldphart Guest

    can you say propriatory format?

  6. oldphart wrote:
    > can you say propriatory format?

    Maybe, but I don't understand what you are implying. Even though my english looks OK I don't get all
    expressions so please explain ;) Besides you didn't even spell it right so my dictionary refuses to
    find it ;)

    --
    Perre

    Remove and/or replace the DOTs as needed to reply

  7. Oldphart

    Oldphart Guest

    The Real Player file format are propriatory (owned and controlled by Real Media). Since Real Media
    Inc. wants you to use their player, they released their encoding format (codec), in hopes that
    people would record using it. They don't however let Microsft (M$) have the decoder thus M$ Media
    Player cannot and will not recognise nor play the Real Media format.

    Per Elmsäter wrote:
    > oldphart wrote:
    >
    >>can you say propriatory format?

    This is a somewhat ironic/sarcastic way of pointing out the above.......

    > Maybe, but I don't understand what you are implying. Even though my english looks OK I don't get
    > all expressions so please explain ;) Besides you didn't even spell it right so my dictionary
    > refuses to find it ;)

    I spell very badly when I type in a hurry. Mozilla bless it's Heart has no spell check..... That's a
    good thing.

  8. oldphart wrote:
    > The Real Player file format are propriatory (owned and controlled by Real Media). Since Real Media
    > Inc. wants you to use their player, they released their encoding format (codec), in hopes that
    > people would record using it. They don't however let Microsft (M$) have the decoder thus M$ Media
    > Player cannot and will not recognise nor play the Real Media format.

    Thankyou.

    --
    Perre

    Remove and/or replace the DOTs as needed to reply

  9. Juraj Betak

    Juraj Betak Guest

  10. oldphart <[email protected]> writes:

    > The Real Player file format are propriatory (owned and controlled by Real Media).

    "proprietary"

    Morgan