Video of my sprint training

collin2985

Mar 26, 2013
youtube

Don't know if this interests anyone but I'm getting in the habit of uploading all my rides to youtube. I've got a race this weekend.

Nice vid! Man you really owned that swivel knee dude on the TT bike. That was some horrible form he had. I wonder if he realizes his bike has more than one gear for a reason?
What are you riding? Frame, group set and wheels, I mean.

2005 Raleigh Prestige
Ultegra parts
Ksyrium elite wheels

I wonder if that guy had an injury or if he was just having knee problems from being overgeared.

Nice! Raleigh has really been making a comeback over the last few years and have been putting out some really nice bikes.
I'm thinking the guy was just pushing a hard gear and his legs were tired and probably feeling a bit like warm Jello. You can see that he didn't have a high cadence for his speed. Sad thing is that he is just setting himself up for a lifetime of joint problems with that awful form.

I have a strong desire to upgrade cause my bike is beat to hell, chips in the paint, worn out components, etc. However, despite its age, my bike still performs well and I feel like I'd have to spend over 3 grand to get something significantly better so I'm going to wait. Maybe I'll retire it on it's 10th birthday.

Since you have data on both Strava and Youtube, you might want to try Suffervision out. That website can overlay your telemetry data on your video - its pretty easy.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t/494154/cycling-video-telemetry-overlay

Originally Posted by collin2985 .

I wonder if that guy had an injury or if he was just having knee problems from being overgeared.
Perhaps a bit of chafe in the right groin from being in the aero position too long - been there once or twice myself.

Pretty cool I like that. Thanks for posting this. You are just buzzing along too. It makes me want to get going on the bike just watching. Motivational virtual reality. Looks like he's ready for the race. I wonder how it went.

Pretty cool. Wish I had your type of roads to ride on. My roads are pure pebbles and dirt.