~Video~ Round Valley

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
I had such a good time on Thursday I went back again today. Even after
the rain it drains very well. I can't get enough of this close-by rocky
climbing punishment. It's too bad the camera doesn't show the rocks better.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/rv1.wmv (65 MB)

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> I had such a good time on Thursday I went back again today. Even
> after the rain it drains very well. I can't get enough of this close-by
> rocky climbing punishment. It's too bad the camera doesn't show the
> rocks better.
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/rv1.wmv (65 MB)

I had to turn the volume off to watch.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> I had such a good time on Thursday I went back again today. Even
>> after the rain it drains very well. I can't get enough of this close-by
>> rocky climbing punishment. It's too bad the camera doesn't show the
>> rocks better.
>> http://www.schnauzers.ws/rv1.wmv (65 MB)

> I had to turn the volume off to watch.

Hmmm... Must be a Barry Manilow fan. ;)

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> I had such a good time on Thursday I went back again today. Even after
> the rain it drains very well. I can't get enough of this close-by rocky
> climbing punishment. It's too bad the camera doesn't show the rocks
> better.
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/rv1.wmv (65 MB)

Ha ha. Funny covers.
You a MM fan or do you just like that song?

And hey, there were some rocks!

Matt

MattB wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> I had such a good time on Thursday I went back again today. Even
>> after the rain it drains very well. I can't get enough of this
>> close-by rocky climbing punishment. It's too bad the camera doesn't
>> show the rocks better.
>>
>> http://www.schnauzers.ws/rv1.wmv (65 MB)
>>

> Ha ha. Funny covers.
> You a MM fan or do you just like that song?
>
> And hey, there were some rocks!
>
> Matt

Not a big fan of MM. Just like that tune and all the angst at the end.

Camera just doesn't show the rocks well from the helmet cam angle nor
does it show how steep the climbs and descents are. I was really trying
to show that I *DO* ride rocks. Drops are another story :D.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Piggy backing on this post since my ISP keeps dropping the originals...

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>> I had such a good time on Thursday I went back again today. Even
>>> after the rain it drains very well. I can't get enough of this close-by
>>> rocky climbing punishment. It's too bad the camera doesn't show the
>>> rocks better.
>>> http://www.schnauzers.ws/rv1.wmv (65 MB)

>> I had to turn the volume off to watch.

> Hmmm... Must be a Barry Manilow fan. ;)

HEY, I resemble that remark.....

Good stuff Mitch. You looked like you had two cameras on, what was on the
right side, counter balance? Who was the other camera person?

and what's with all the clothing? <VBG>

Your hikers are just as stupid as ours.....walking on the right, hear a bike
coming and cross over the trail to get out of the way...duh!

Gary (yea, I rode once last week)

GeeDubb wrote:

>> Hmmm... Must be a Barry Manilow fan. ;)
>>

> HEY, I resemble that remark.....

Isn't he doing a Vegas act now too?

> Good stuff Mitch. You looked like you had two cameras on, what was on
> the right side, counter balance? Who was the other camera person?

The counter balance is an ankle weight ziptied to the helmet. Roger, is
holding my other camera, so yeah it was a two camera shoot. An
experiment that worked, though he complained about doing it the whole
time. I made him ride ahead and film me since I knew he wasn't going to
do any technical downhill with speed. Sure, let the old guy do it.

> and what's with all the clothing? <VBG>

Temp at start time was 39F. Warmed to 50F at finish.

> Your hikers are just as stupid as ours.....walking on the right, hear a
> bike coming and cross over the trail to get out of the way...duh!

But they were OK with it since we kept leapfrogging them.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws