VIDEO - San Juan Trail

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> Here's some of the video I shot on the San Juan Trail this
> past Sunday.
>
> High Bandwidth (DSL/Cable):
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/sjt.mpg (36 MB) Low Bandwidth
> (Dialup): http://www.schnauzers.ws/sjt.wmv (8 MB
> Streaming)
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o www.schnauzers.ws

Pretty cool. Your little camera did a relatively good job
of picking up the details on some of the trail. What are
you using?
--
Slacker

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Here's some of the video I shot on the San Juan Trail this
> past Sunday.

Nice job -- trail looks a bit rutted out right now, but
otherwise same ol' SJT.

Bill "due" S.

Slacker wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>> Here's some of the video I shot on the San Juan Trail
>> this past Sunday.
>>
>> High Bandwidth (DSL/Cable):
>> http://www.schnauzers.ws/sjt.mpg (36 MB) Low Bandwidth
>> (Dialup): http://www.schnauzers.ws/sjt.wmv (8 MB
>> Streaming)
>>
>> --
>> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o www.schnauzers.ws
>>

> Pretty cool. Your little camera did a relatively good job
> of picking up the details on some of the trail. What are
> you using?

It's a HelmetCamera.Com bulletcam connected to a Canon
MiniDV. It's the 400 resolution unit, so it does a halfway
decent job. I tried one of those mounts for the miniDV, but
it's too much weight on my head. This is about 9 oz. as
opposed to four pounds. I also filter the frames to get more
brightness and contrast.

S o r n i wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> Here's some of the video I shot on the San Juan Trail
>> this past Sunday.
>
> Nice job -- trail looks a bit rutted out right now, but
> otherwise same ol' SJT.
>
> Bill "due" S.

I'd say that most of the switchbacks (which I didn't show)
are in desparate need of maintenance. I had to dismount for
a good number of them because one tire would get stuck in a
rut and propel me off. Keep in mind that it poured the day
before which I am sure did not help the trails. There's also
a spot where one of the railroad ties has washed down the
mountain and the trail is eroding fast.

I don't know who is responsible for maintenance there, but
you should give them this info so they can schedule a
maintenance day.

Ride-A-Lot <mitchell@[nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote:
> Here's some of the video I shot on the San Juan Trail this
> past Sunday.
>
> High Bandwidth (DSL/Cable):
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/sjt.mpg (36 MB) Low Bandwidth
> (Dialup): http://www.schnauzers.ws/sjt.wmv (8 MB
> Streaming)
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o www.schnauzers.ws

I like the switchbacks!

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> I'd say that most of the switchbacks (which I didn't show)
> are in desparate need of maintenance. I had to dismount
> for a good number of them because one tire would get stuck
> in a rut and propel me off. Keep in mind that it poured
> the day before which I am sure did not help the trails.
> There's also a spot where one of the railroad ties has
> washed down the mountain and the trail is eroding fast.
>
> I don't know who is responsible for maintenance there, but
> you should give them this info so they can schedule a
> maintenance day.

It's almost a lost cause. Those ruts (I walk many of them
too) are a by product of uncaring shuttle-monkey dill-weeds.

--
Slacker - a caring shuttle-monkey dill-weed

> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> >
> > I'd say that most of the switchbacks (which I didn't
> > show) are in

<snip>
> It's almost a lost cause. Those ruts (I walk many of
> them too) are a by product of uncaring shuttle-monkey
> dill-weeds.

There's Florida's silver lining!

I like the video, but don't have the same musical taste.

TM wrote:
> "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd say that most of the switchbacks (which I didn't
>>> show) are in
>>>
> <snip>
>> It's almost a lost cause. Those ruts (I walk many of
>> them too) are a by product of uncaring shuttle-monkey
>> dill-weeds.
>>

> There's Florida's silver lining!
>
> I like the video, but don't have the same musical taste.

That's the beauty of the volume control. I understand. I try
to mix it up from time to time. I'm just caught on that one
tune right now.

TM wrote:

> My mistake. I got this video confused with the JEM video.
> Your musical taste is fine. I have that other song in my
> mind....

I pity you. Mike has tried on several occasions to inflict
that type of damage on me, but much to his dismay I am immune-
I never watched much TV as a kid, and completely missed a
huge chunk of pop culture as a result. Thankfully.

Miles

Luke wrote:

> No offense, but that was really boring.

So what video have YOU posted lately, hotshot?!?

Bill "if you ain't got something nice to say..." S.

"miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I pity you. Mike has tried on several occasions to inflict
> that type of damage on me, but much to his dismay I am immune-
> I never watched much TV as a kid,

But, you can tell me I won't tell anyone else, what happened
to Mike as a kid?

TM wrote:
> "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>I pity you. Mike has tried on several occasions to inflict
>>that type of damage on me, but much to his dismay I am immune-
>>I never watched much TV as a kid,
>

> But, you can tell me I won't tell anyone else, what
> happened to Mike as a kid?

The usual. Too much bad TV was a major factor, I think.

miles

Luke wrote:
> No offense, but that was really boring.
>
>> Here's some of the video I shot on the San Juan Trail
>> this past Sunday.
>>
>> High Bandwidth (DSL/Cable):
>> http://www.schnauzers.ws/sjt.mpg (36 MB) Low Bandwidth
>> (Dialup): http://www.schnauzers.ws/sjt.wmv (8 MB
>> Streaming)

So? I'd give him props for just getting out there and
making movies!!

btw, you must be new here (?) Welcome and have a look at our
FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

especially 1.2.1

<sigh>

Penny

Luke wrote:
> No offense, but that was really boring.
>
>> Here's some of the video I shot on the San Juan Trail
>> this past Sunday.
>>
>> High Bandwidth (DSL/Cable):
>> http://www.schnauzers.ws/sjt.mpg (36 MB) Low Bandwidth
>> (Dialup): http://www.schnauzers.ws/sjt.wmv (8 MB
>> Streaming)

To each his own, TP.

I never said I was an exciting person, just excited. I'm
also slow, but I get where I'm going and have a good time
doing it :).

"Ride-A-Lot" <mitchell@[nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Luke wrote:
> > No offense, but that was really boring.

Ride-A-Lot,

Don't take it personal. He's just repeating what he heard
last night.

> TM wrote:
>
>>But, you can tell me I won't tell anyone else, what
>>happened to Mike as a kid?
>>

> The usual. Too much bad TV was a major factor, I think.
>
> miles

And I'm sure having two daddies didn't help either.
--
Slacker