VIDEO - San Juan Trail

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Here's some of the video I shot on the San Juan Trail this past
> Sunday.

Nice job -- trail looks a bit rutted out right now, but otherwise same ol'
SJT.

Bill "due" S.

Slacker wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>> Here's some of the video I shot on the San Juan Trail this past
>> Sunday.
>>
>> High Bandwidth (DSL/Cable): http://www.schnauzers.ws/sjt.mpg (36 MB)
>> Low Bandwidth (Dialup): http://www.schnauzers.ws/sjt.wmv (8 MB
>> Streaming)
>>
>> --
>> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
>> www.schnauzers.ws
>>

> Pretty cool. Your little camera did a relatively good job of picking
> up the details on some of the trail. What are you using?

It's a HelmetCamera.Com bulletcam connected to a Canon MiniDV. It's the 400
resolution unit, so it does a halfway decent job. I tried one of those
mounts for the miniDV, but it's too much weight on my head. This is about 9
oz. as opposed to four pounds. I also filter the frames to get more
brightness and contrast.

S o r n i wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> Here's some of the video I shot on the San Juan Trail this past
>> Sunday.

> Nice job -- trail looks a bit rutted out right now, but otherwise
> same ol' SJT.
>
> Bill "due" S.

I'd say that most of the switchbacks (which I didn't show) are in desparate
need of maintenance. I had to dismount for a good number of them because
one tire would get stuck in a rut and propel me off. Keep in mind that it
poured the day before which I am sure did not help the trails. There's also
a spot where one of the railroad ties has washed down the mountain and the
trail is eroding fast.

I don't know who is responsible for maintenance there, but you should give
them this info so they can schedule a maintenance day.

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> I'd say that most of the switchbacks (which I didn't show) are in desparate
> need of maintenance. I had to dismount for a good number of them because
> one tire would get stuck in a rut and propel me off. Keep in mind that it
> poured the day before which I am sure did not help the trails. There's also
> a spot where one of the railroad ties has washed down the mountain and the
> trail is eroding fast.
>
> I don't know who is responsible for maintenance there, but you should give
> them this info so they can schedule a maintenance day.

It's almost a lost cause. Those ruts (I walk many of them too) are a by
product of uncaring shuttle-monkey dill-weeds.

--
Slacker - a caring shuttle-monkey dill-weed

> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> >
> > I'd say that most of the switchbacks (which I didn't show) are in

<snip>
> It's almost a lost cause. Those ruts (I walk many of them too) are a by
> product of uncaring shuttle-monkey dill-weeds.

There's Florida's silver lining!

I like the video, but don't have the same musical taste.

TM wrote:
> "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd say that most of the switchbacks (which I didn't show) are in
>>>

> <snip>
>> It's almost a lost cause. Those ruts (I walk many of them too) are a
>> by product of uncaring shuttle-monkey dill-weeds.
>>

> There's Florida's silver lining!
>
> I like the video, but don't have the same musical taste.

That's the beauty of the volume control. I understand. I try to mix it up
from time to time. I'm just caught on that one tune right now.

TM wrote:

> My mistake. I got this video confused with the JEM video. Your musical
> taste is fine. I have that other song in my mind....

I pity you. Mike has tried on several occasions to inflict that type of
damage on me, but much to his dismay I am immune- I never watched much
TV as a kid, and completely missed a huge chunk of pop culture as a
result. Thankfully.

Miles

Luke wrote:

> No offense, but that was really boring.

So what video have YOU posted lately, hotshot?!?

Bill "if you ain't got something nice to say..." S.

I don't make videos--just **** on them ;-)

Maybe the trail was really exciting and technical, but all I saw was 5
minutes of smooth 1-t.

The videos at http://www.pedalmasher.com/html/texas.html are more to me
likin', for reference.

> Luke wrote:
>
> > No offense, but that was really boring.

> So what video have YOU posted lately, hotshot?!?
>
> Bill "if you ain't got something nice to say..." S.

"miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I pity you. Mike has tried on several occasions to inflict that type of
> damage on me, but much to his dismay I am immune- I never watched much
> TV as a kid,

But, you can tell me I won't tell anyone else, what happened to Mike as a
kid?

TM wrote:
> "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>I pity you. Mike has tried on several occasions to inflict that type of
>>damage on me, but much to his dismay I am immune- I never watched much
>>TV as a kid,

> But, you can tell me I won't tell anyone else, what happened to Mike as a
> kid?

The usual. Too much bad TV was a major factor, I think.

miles

Luke wrote:
> No offense, but that was really boring.
>
>> Here's some of the video I shot on the San Juan Trail this past
>> Sunday.
>>
>> High Bandwidth (DSL/Cable): http://www.schnauzers.ws/sjt.mpg (36 MB)
>> Low Bandwidth (Dialup): http://www.schnauzers.ws/sjt.wmv (8 MB
>> Streaming)

To each his own, TP.

I never said I was an exciting person, just excited. I'm also slow, but I
get where I'm going and have a good time doing it :).

"Ride-A-Lot" <mitchell@[nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Luke wrote:
> > No offense, but that was really boring.

Ride-A-Lot,

Don't take it personal. He's just repeating what he heard last night.