-Video- Sherman Peak/Cannell Trail -Video-

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Michael Paul, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    two weeks ago, Bill Porter, Miles Todd, Sorni, and myself hooked up with Dennis" The Ogre", Bryan
    Lee and Steve Wolf to ride the Cannell Trail in Kernville California. 4 of us had helmet cameras
    with us alhtough only Mr. Porter and I frequent/lurk here.

    This is the first of two that I will be creating. This video basically features the very first
    downhill from Sherman Peak and the first really downhill section of the Cannell Trail which really
    came after several miles of flat or uphill riding. I just liked the contrast between the two trails.
    One was rocky and somewhat technical while the other was very smooth and very fast. What the video
    doesn't portray very well is how dusty the trail was adn how difficult it was to really see what was
    in front of me while following Mr. Porter down the trail.

    this trail was just phenomenal though and it's definately on my list of rides to go back to agian.

    http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/ShermanCannell.mpg

    Michael

    Tags:

  2. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Michael Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > two weeks ago, Bill Porter, Miles Todd, Sorni, and myself hooked up with Dennis" The Ogre", Bryan
    > Lee and Steve Wolf to ride the Cannell Trail in Kernville California. 4 of us had helmet cameras
    > with us alhtough only
    Mr.
    > Porter and I frequent/lurk here.
    >
    > This is the first of two that I will be creating. This video basically features the very first
    > downhill from Sherman Peak and the first really downhill section of the Cannell Trail which really
    > came after several
    miles
    > of flat or uphill riding. I just liked the contrast between the two
    trails.
    > One was rocky and somewhat technical while the other was very smooth and very fast. What the video
    > doesn't portray very well is how dusty the
    trail
    > was adn how difficult it was to really see what was in front of me while following Mr. Porter down
    > the trail.
    >
    > this trail was just phenomenal though and it's definately on my list of rides to go back to agian.
    >
    > http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/ShermanCannell.mpg
    >
    > Michael

    D'oh!

    Good stuff, big contrast. Just a note: Some of your switches where lagging just a tiny bit behind
    the music. You're better off leading by a tiny bit than lagging, if you can't get spot on.

    Jon Bond

  3. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Michael Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > two weeks ago, Bill Porter, Miles Todd, Sorni, and myself hooked up with Dennis" The Ogre",
    > > Bryan Lee and Steve Wolf to ride the Cannell Trail in Kernville California. 4 of us had helmet
    > > cameras with us alhtough only
    > Mr.
    > > Porter and I frequent/lurk here.
    > >
    > > This is the first of two that I will be creating. This video basically features the very first
    > > downhill from Sherman Peak and the first really downhill section of the Cannell Trail which
    > > really came after several
    > miles
    > > of flat or uphill riding. I just liked the contrast between the two
    > trails.
    > > One was rocky and somewhat technical while the other was very smooth and very fast. What the
    > > video doesn't portray very well is how dusty the
    > trail
    > > was adn how difficult it was to really see what was in front of me while following Mr. Porter
    > > down the trail.
    > >
    > > this trail was just phenomenal though and it's definately on my list of rides to go back to
    > > agian.
    > >
    > > http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/ShermanCannell.mpg
    > >
    > > Michael
    >
    > D'oh!
    >
    > Good stuff, big contrast. Just a note: Some of your switches where
    lagging
    > just a tiny bit behind the music. You're better off leading by a tiny bit than lagging, if you
    > can't get spot on.
    >
    > Jon Bond

    I noticed that too in the rendered version but in the SW project file there wasn't the lag (or at
    least as bad). Not sure where the problem lies but probably in a SW setting that I have to tweak. I
    just rebuilt my machine so all of my settings for all my SW are gone and I'm slowly getting
    everything back the way it was. I do have to optimize again for video editing for sure.

    Or, it could be that they were there all along and I just got so [email protected] sick of listening to the
    same song over and over and over and over and over that I just didn't notice them once they got
    close! :)

    Michael

  4. Destroy

    Destroy Guest

  5. Bb

    Bb Guest

  6. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    Destroy wrote:

    > Michael Paul wrote:
    >
    >> This is the first of two that I will be creating.
    >> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/ShermanCannell.mpg
    >>

    > Nice vid. Looks like a fun area but fairly rough for a hardtail. Love the 'Doh' parts,
    > funny stuff.

    Oddly enough, both Michael and I agreed afterwards that the only spots we'd wished for rear
    suspension was in the bumpy grass in the meadows (not in this video, and probably not going to be in
    the other one, either). The rocks were no problem for either of us.

    In my defense, the "D'Oh" section at the end of the video came at a fairly steep uphill pitch
    (although it really doesn't look that way, I know) and if there is one weakness to single speeds,
    it's steep technical climbs. It's hard enough to maintain forward momentum on a steep climb anyway,
    but throw in a few big rocks...

    Miles

  7. The Ogre

    The Ogre Guest

    miles todd <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Destroy wrote:
    > >

    > > Michael Paul wrote:
    > >
    > >> This is the first of two that I will be creating.
    > >> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/ShermanCannell.mpg
    > >>

    > > Nice vid. Looks like a fun area but fairly rough for a hardtail. Love the 'Doh' parts, funny
    > > stuff.
    > >

    > Oddly enough, both Michael and I agreed afterwards that the only spots we'd wished for rear
    > suspension was in the bumpy grass in the meadows (not in this video, and probably not going to be
    > in the other one, either). The rocks were no problem for either of us.
    >
    > In my defense, the "D'Oh" section at the end of the video came at a fairly steep uphill pitch
    > (although it really doesn't look that way, I know) and if there is one weakness to single speeds,
    > it's steep technical climbs. It's hard enough to maintain forward momentum on a steep climb
    > anyway, but throw in a few big rocks...
    >
    > Miles

    I would have loved to have a single speed on that uphill after the meadow. I think your bike is 8
    pounds lighter than that beast I was lugging uphill. As for not needing suspension... I apreciated
    it on that descent to big meadow but most of the ride was BIG rocks on smooth trails. Suspension
    wasn't really a requirement.

    -- The Ogre

  8. Xtc

    Xtc Guest