-Video- Sherman Peak/Cannell Trail -Video-

Michael Paul

Guest
two weeks ago, Bill Porter, Miles Todd, Sorni, and myself hooked up with Dennis" The Ogre", Bryan
Lee and Steve Wolf to ride the Cannell Trail in Kernville California. 4 of us had helmet cameras
with us alhtough only Mr. Porter and I frequent/lurk here.

This is the first of two that I will be creating. This video basically features the very first
downhill from Sherman Peak and the first really downhill section of the Cannell Trail which really
came after several miles of flat or uphill riding. I just liked the contrast between the two trails.
One was rocky and somewhat technical while the other was very smooth and very fast. What the video
doesn't portray very well is how dusty the trail was adn how difficult it was to really see what was
in front of me while following Mr. Porter down the trail.

this trail was just phenomenal though and it's definately on my list of rides to go back to agian.

http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/ShermanCannell.mpg

Michael

"Michael Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> two weeks ago, Bill Porter, Miles Todd, Sorni, and myself hooked up with Dennis" The Ogre", Bryan
> Lee and Steve Wolf to ride the Cannell Trail in Kernville California. 4 of us had helmet cameras
> with us alhtough only
Mr.
> Porter and I frequent/lurk here.
>
> This is the first of two that I will be creating. This video basically features the very first
> downhill from Sherman Peak and the first really downhill section of the Cannell Trail which really
> came after several
miles
> of flat or uphill riding. I just liked the contrast between the two
trails.
> One was rocky and somewhat technical while the other was very smooth and very fast. What the video
> doesn't portray very well is how dusty the
trail
> was adn how difficult it was to really see what was in front of me while following Mr. Porter down
> the trail.
>
> this trail was just phenomenal though and it's definately on my list of rides to go back to agian.
>
> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/ShermanCannell.mpg
>
> Michael

D'oh!

Good stuff, big contrast. Just a note: Some of your switches where lagging just a tiny bit behind
the music. You're better off leading by a tiny bit than lagging, if you can't get spot on.

Jon Bond

"Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Michael Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > two weeks ago, Bill Porter, Miles Todd, Sorni, and myself hooked up with Dennis" The Ogre",
> > Bryan Lee and Steve Wolf to ride the Cannell Trail in Kernville California. 4 of us had helmet
> > cameras with us alhtough only
> Mr.
> > Porter and I frequent/lurk here.
> >
> > This is the first of two that I will be creating. This video basically features the very first
> > downhill from Sherman Peak and the first really downhill section of the Cannell Trail which
> > really came after several
> miles
> > of flat or uphill riding. I just liked the contrast between the two
> trails.
> > One was rocky and somewhat technical while the other was very smooth and very fast. What the
> > video doesn't portray very well is how dusty the
> trail
> > was adn how difficult it was to really see what was in front of me while following Mr. Porter
> > down the trail.
> >
> > this trail was just phenomenal though and it's definately on my list of rides to go back to
> > agian.
> >
> > http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/ShermanCannell.mpg
> >
> > Michael
>
> D'oh!
>
> Good stuff, big contrast. Just a note: Some of your switches where
lagging
> just a tiny bit behind the music. You're better off leading by a tiny bit than lagging, if you
> can't get spot on.
>
> Jon Bond

I noticed that too in the rendered version but in the SW project file there wasn't the lag (or at
least as bad). Not sure where the problem lies but probably in a SW setting that I have to tweak. I
just rebuilt my machine so all of my settings for all my SW are gone and I'm slowly getting
everything back the way it was. I do have to optimize again for video editing for sure.

Or, it could be that they were there all along and I just got so d@mn sick of listening to the
same song over and over and over and over and over that I just didn't notice them once they got
close! :)

Michael

Destroy wrote:

> Michael Paul wrote:
>
>> This is the first of two that I will be creating.
>> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/ShermanCannell.mpg
>>

> Nice vid. Looks like a fun area but fairly rough for a hardtail. Love the 'Doh' parts,
> funny stuff.

Oddly enough, both Michael and I agreed afterwards that the only spots we'd wished for rear
suspension was in the bumpy grass in the meadows (not in this video, and probably not going to be in
the other one, either). The rocks were no problem for either of us.

In my defense, the "D'Oh" section at the end of the video came at a fairly steep uphill pitch
(although it really doesn't look that way, I know) and if there is one weakness to single speeds,
it's steep technical climbs. It's hard enough to maintain forward momentum on a steep climb anyway,
but throw in a few big rocks...

Miles

miles todd <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Destroy wrote:
> >

> > Michael Paul wrote:
> >
> >> This is the first of two that I will be creating.
> >> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/ShermanCannell.mpg
> >>

> > Nice vid. Looks like a fun area but fairly rough for a hardtail. Love the 'Doh' parts, funny
> > stuff.
> >

> Oddly enough, both Michael and I agreed afterwards that the only spots we'd wished for rear
> suspension was in the bumpy grass in the meadows (not in this video, and probably not going to be
> in the other one, either). The rocks were no problem for either of us.
>
> In my defense, the "D'Oh" section at the end of the video came at a fairly steep uphill pitch
> (although it really doesn't look that way, I know) and if there is one weakness to single speeds,
> it's steep technical climbs. It's hard enough to maintain forward momentum on a steep climb
> anyway, but throw in a few big rocks...
>
> Miles

I would have loved to have a single speed on that uphill after the meadow. I think your bike is 8
pounds lighter than that beast I was lugging uphill. As for not needing suspension... I apreciated
it on that descent to big meadow but most of the ride was BIG rocks on smooth trails. Suspension
wasn't really a requirement.

-- The Ogre