Video Time Lapse - 2008 Texas 4000 Bike Ride from Austin, Texas to Anchorage, Alaska

Jose Ole

May 29, 2009
Hello, I am new to this forum and wanted to share the following cycling time lapse video project with you all that I created... here's the video link: YouTube - Video Time Lapse - 2008 Texas 4000 Bike Ride from Austin, Texas to Anchorage, Alaska (70 days) (anyone know if I can embed this video on this forum?)

This is a video time lapse from my 70 day bike ride with Texas 4000 from Austin, Texas to Anchorage, Alaska during the summer of 2008. Over 40 cyclists biked in what was the 5th year of the ride, dedicated to raising money for cancer research and awareness while spreading hope, knowledge and charity along the way.

Our team was split up into two routes to maximize the aforementioned three fold mission of the organization. I was on the Coastal route, traveling 4,569.2 miles across Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, into Canada, British Columbia, Yukon Territory and into Alaska. I fastened a video camera on a tripod head onto my bike handle bars to capture all the footage in this video. For more information or to donate please visit http://www.texas4000.org

I submitted this to the 2009 Bicycle Film Festival but it was unfortunately rejected so I just want to share it with as many people around the world as possible. Hope you enjoy watching!

Ride strong, Jose