Videos

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ctg, Mar 17, 2003.

  1. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 01:50:01 GMT, "ctg" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Besides these, anyone have a good video site to recomend?
    >
    >http://www.mtbkanata.com/video.html http://www.petefagerlin.com/The_Hub.htm
    >http://red-haze.com/videos.html http://www.mtbbritain.co.uk/videos.html
    >http://www.kidinthecorner.com/video.html http://www.schieffer.net/

    Welll you disqualified my site by using the word "good". www.mountainbikebill.com

    Also check out, http://www.geocities.com/mfpaul/rides.html http://arnica.csustan.edu/mtbike/
    http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/ http://www.pedalmasher.com/index.html (Don't miss the crash
    videos section)

    Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

  2. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 01:50:01 GMT, "ctg" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Besides these, anyone have a good video site to recomend?
    >
    >http://www.mtbkanata.com/video.html http://www.petefagerlin.com/The_Hub.htm
    >http://red-haze.com/videos.html http://www.mtbbritain.co.uk/videos.html
    >http://www.kidinthecorner.com/video.html http://www.schieffer.net/

    Check out the Terry Tate Office Linebacker Videos. I think they will
    do.

    :-]

  3. S.G.

    S.G. Guest

    > Welll you disqualified my site by using the word "good". www.mountainbikebill.com

    Wow, Bill...You have a lot of videos!! Thx for the link.

    In your opinion, do you find that the quality of the lipstick camera is any less than a standard
    camcorder, or is the quality essentially equal?

    Scott

  4. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 03:46:19 GMT, "S.G." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Welll you disqualified my site by using the word "good". www.mountainbikebill.com
    >>

    >Wow, Bill...You have a lot of videos!! Thx for the link.
    >
    >In your opinion, do you find that the quality of the lipstick camera is any less than a standard
    >camcorder, or is the quality essentially equal?
    >
    >Scott

    I currently have my lipstick camera feeding into an analog 8mm camcorder which does cause you to
    loose some quality from the lipstick camera. I would have better quality if I had the lipstick
    feeding into a minDV camcorder. IMHO the best lipstick camera out there will not be better than the
    optics that are on your average minDV camcorder. I eventually would like to move up to the camcorder
    mounted on the helmet setup, but dollars the limiting factor right now. It all comes down to how
    much quality you want for the amount of money you want to spend. I spent about $225 for the whole
    lipstick, mic battery setup and I bought the complete camcorder setup (camera, 3 batteries, charger,
    extra lens, case) off of ebay $120. I would be about 3 to 4 times that much to start off with the
    miniDV on the helmet setup.

    Pete Fagerlin has some great commentary and side-by-side comparsion footage to take a look at.
    http://www.petefagerlin.com/video_how_to.htm

    Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com