General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

View Running Routes in Google Earth

Started by earnshavian · · Last activity · 4 posts · 323 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
6 November 2005
Last activity
7 November 2005
Original author
earnshavian
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
323
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've just added Google Earth integration for my running website,
    http://www.walkjogrun.net so you can actually see an animated version
    of your run if you have google earth installed.

    If anyone has any feedback I would love to hear it.

    Adam

  2. Quoted message said:

    I've just added Google Earth integration for my running website,
    http://www.walkjogrun.net so you can actually see an animated version
    of your run if you have google earth installed.

    If anyone has any feedback I would love to hear it.

    Is this different from Gmaps Pedometer?
    http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

    --
    Phil M.

  3. Yes. I am building a community where runners, walkers, joggers,
    cyclists, etc. share routes so if you visit a new city or are new to
    running, you have predefined routes. There are just under 2000 routes
    at this point and the functionality I was sharing here was that anyone
    with google earth can view WalkJogRun maps easily by adding the View
    from my site. Depending on your longitude and latitude it pulls in the
    routes close to you and displays them, allowing you to visualize them
    in animated 3D. GMap Pedometer was the first to implement the Google
    Maps API for running routes but JavaScript Pedometers have been around
    much longer. My first attempt in September 2003 is still barely alive:
    http://www.webdevref.com/wjrdev/clickimg.cfm

  4. Quoted message said:

    Yes. I am building a community where runners, walkers, joggers,
    cyclists, etc. share routes so if you visit a new city or are new to
    running, you have predefined routes. There are just under 2000 routes
    at this point and the functionality I was sharing here was that anyone
    with google earth can view WalkJogRun maps easily by adding the View
    from my site. Depending on your longitude and latitude it pulls in the
    routes close to you and displays them, allowing you to visualize them
    in animated 3D. GMap Pedometer was the first to implement the Google
    Maps API for running routes but JavaScript Pedometers have been around
    much longer. My first attempt in September 2003 is still barely alive:
    http://www.webdevref.com/wjrdev/clickimg.cfm

    Thanks for the clarification. I'm currently using motionbased.com to upload
    my GPS tracks, then exporting to Google Earth.

    --
    Phil M.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.