views on my bike

zenmaster

Sep 8, 2011
hi everyone, new to cycling and have just purchased my first bike which is a vintage 1989 raleigh kelloggs pro tour. does anyone have any knowledge on these bikes ie price new, specs, and has anybody ever ridden one, if so whats your thoughts,

I know its not going to be the best bike but i really enjoy it being my first bike an all

any info or feedback will be greatly recieved./img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

many many thanks,

In 1989, the Raleigh Kelloggs Pro Tour was a respectable entry level bicycle. No where near top of the line but far from the bottom too. They were fairly popular in GB and there are still a lot of them to be found. I don't have an MSRP, but a comparable bike in 1989 would have cost in the area if 330 Euros. I haven't ridden that particular model Raleigh but I have ridden a lot of other models of Raleigh from that era and the steel frame bikes were very comfortable and gave a good predictable ride.

hi thanks for all the information, really helped, as ive just completed my first long distance cycle of 80 miles on this bike which i really loved and found it very comfortable. only cost me £60, again many thanks /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif