Vilano Bike seems nice.

Uddhava

May 9, 2012
I bought a cheap bike from Road Bike Outlet. I knew I needed to upgraded, and thought this would be fun project bike.
But I must warn others that you are getting what you pay for; a cheap bike.

On the Vilano Website they are advertising the Vilanao Tuono as having a “Cassette: Shimano MF-TZ07”. The MF-TZ07 is not a cassette it is a freewheel. That means the bike has the cheaper wheels with the cheap screw on hubs.
Unfortunately it doesn’t even have a MF-TZ07 freewheel as was advertised on Road Bike Outlet website. They installed a much cheaper Slick Shift System, 01 Index "Freewheel" Manufactured by DNP Long Yih Co., Several reviews state this freewheel broke within a year. This part sells for less than 6 dollars and is found only on very cheap bikes.

The bottom bracket is not Shimano as stated it is a 68mm 113mm VP-BC55 semi-sealed. It has a bearing that needs to be adjusted. It was adjusted too tight on the bike they sent. If you do not adjust it correctly it will also have a short life span

The shimano derailleurs are outdated and no longer can be purchased anywhere. I have called and asked them what parts have been installed and they can’t even tell me.

Both wheel hubs where much too tight, spokes were under tension. The paint job is at best minimum. As a project bike a learning experience. I have replaced the handlebars, crankset/freewheel, bottom bracket, brakes, shifters, pedals.

I now agree with the forum experts; save up your money and get a good bike.