VIMW ever again?

gerblefranklin

Guest
Does anyone think there's going to be another North Shore or Vancouver
Muni weekend in the next year or two? I talked to Kris about it at Moab
2004, and he said one of the problems is lack of beginner trails. I
think it's important to accomidate beginners, but it seems a shame that
the best trails on the continent don't get ridden. is it possible to do
a sort of a mini muni weekend of a sort, or do what the early weekends
did with seperate beginner and advanced rides?

Part of this is simply that I really want to ride the north shore, but i
won't get a chance without there being a Muni Weekend of sorts there.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by
understanding."-Albert Einstein

I am sure if you got enough riders together we could have one. I would
more than likely be able to go.

Even if you didn't get enough riders, you could still have one with some
people... right?

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

If the worry is the lack of beginner trails, then I'd suggest someone
that's local and far from beginner appoint themselves organizer, then
immediately take it underground. Black Ops. No publicity, no
announcements...just a PM "tap" to those better riders that the
organizers feel can handle the terrain (and that they also feel would be
reasonably interesting to have around).

Only trick is to keep it off the fora, so you don't get a bunch of folks
stirred up about an event they're not really invited to.

VI Stealth Muni Weekend, 2005

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

gerblefranklin wrote:
> *Part of this is simply that I really want to ride the north shore,
> but i won't get a chance without there being a Muni Weekend of sorts
> there. *

As far as I know there doesn't have to be an 'official' muni weekend for
people to visit Vancouver :) ... given enough warning of when you'd
arrive (and assuming you'd be here over a weekend) I'm sure we could get
at least a few people out for a ride.

Of course if you are coming up and really want something organized it
would be best if Harper did it, as he will attest Canadians are hopeless
at making decisions :p

--
JamesH - Back into the swing of things
JamesH's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4438