Vincente Reynes thought Hansen was dead, but quickly remounted, WTF!

thunder

Jan 8, 2006

Adam Hansen saw it coming but couldn't do anything about it. Sunday in Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, the 26 year-old Australian of Team High Road saw a crash happening, which spread across the entire peloton. He tried to get away from it, but couldn't.

"I saw the parked car and as the bunch was coming I put my whole body weight on the riders coming towards me, I couldn't out-power them. I felt like a skinny bike rider playing rugby with a bunch of cattle and I was slammed into a car, over the bonnet, windscreen and last memory was the roof of it."

That wasn't the end of it, though, as team-mate Vicente Reynes later told him. "It seems I landed back on the road and riders smashing into me, he got some bikes off me and a rider, and thought I was dead because of my white eyes, something from Mortal Kombat. He had to keep racing so he turned and on the way back saw the car with my blood over it and really thought I was dead," Hansen noted on his personal website.

from CN
Susan Westemeyer

I mean, what the ****, what was Reynes thinking. Is this pro cycling or war?

thunder said:
from CN
Susan Westemeyer

I mean, what the ****, what was Reynes thinking. Is this pro cycling or war?
He's just trying to offload future classic competitors, he would be better off trying to take out some of the high road sprinters .