Vino going for time bonuses?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by gwhite, Jul 23, 2005.

  1. gwhite

    gwhite Guest

    He could pop over Levi for 5th.

    Tags:

  2. gwhite wrote:

    > He could pop over Levi for 5th.

    He won't get them. Credit Agricole, Cofidis and Davitamon-Lotto will be
    all over those tomorrow.

  3. k.papai

    k.papai Guest

    Vino just TWO seconds behind Levi, will be interesting for bonuses
    tomorrow, GC now:

    General classification after stage 20

    1 Lance Armstrong (USA) Discovery Channel 82.34.05 (41.762 km/h)
    2 Ivan Basso (Ita) Team CSC
    4.40
    3 Jan Ullrich (Ger) T-Mobile Team
    6.21
    4 Francisco Mancebo (Spa) Illes Balears-Caisse d'Epargne 9.59
    5 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Gerolsteiner
    11.25 *
    6 Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) T-Mobile Team
    11.27 **
    7 Michael Rasmussen (Den) Rabobank
    11.33
    8 Cadel Evans (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto
    11.55
    9 Floyd Landis (USA) Phonak Hearing Systems 12.44

  4. Richard Adams a écrit :
    > gwhite wrote:
    >
    > > He could pop over Levi for 5th.

    > He won't get them. Credit Agricole, Cofidis and Davitamon-Lotto will be
    > all over those tomorrow.

    But au contraire, I bet you that Credit Agricole gives him a leadout
    in order to convince him to join them next year. As far as I'm
    concerned,
    they already showed their bad faith by failing to make any effort
    yesterday to preserve Christophe Moreau's 10th place. I think Vino
    should stay away from them. Even though Ag2r is not as strong on paper,
    they are much more professional, in my opinion, and he should consider
    rejoining this team.

    -ilan

  5. Richard Adams <[email protected]> wrote:
    > gwhite wrote:

    > > He could pop over Levi for 5th.

    > He won't get them. Credit Agricole, Cofidis and Davitamon-Lotto will be
    > all over those tomorrow.

    It would be in Credit Agricols interest if Vinukurov gets them - it
    would mean fewer point's to tale for McEwan and O'Grady. Hushovd and
    CA really want's the green jersy.

    --
    Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>

    PowerMac G5: 1.6GHz, 1.25GB RAM, 300+300GB SATA, 8xDVD+/-RW, Bluetooth
    mus + tastatur, R9600PRO, iSight, eyeTV200 & LaCie Photon18Vision TFT

  6. Morten Reippuert Knudsen wrote:

    > Richard Adams <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>gwhite wrote:

    >>>He could pop over Levi for 5th.

    >>He won't get them. Credit Agricole, Cofidis and Davitamon-Lotto will be
    >>all over those tomorrow.

    > It would be in Credit Agricols interest if Vinukurov gets them - it
    > would mean fewer point's to tale for McEwan and O'Grady. Hushovd and
    > CA really want's the green jersy.

    Ideally anyone, but O'Grady and McEwen get them, however, suppose
    O'Grady gets there first an Vino, and/or anyone but Thor mop up the
    rest, it's undesireable. They'll probably send Moreau up the road with
    Thor in tow, something like this, to try to mop them up.

  7. Richard Adams wrote:

    > Morten Reippuert Knudsen wrote:
    >
    >> Richard Adams <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>> He won't get them. Credit Agricole, Cofidis and Davitamon-Lotto will
    >>> be all over those tomorrow.

    >> It would be in Credit Agricols interest if Vinukurov gets them - it
    >> would mean fewer point's to tale for McEwan and O'Grady. Hushovd and
    >> CA really want's the green jersy.
    >>

    > Ideally anyone, but O'Grady and McEwen get them, however, suppose
    > O'Grady gets there first an Vino, and/or anyone but Thor mop up the
    > rest, it's undesireable. They'll probably send Moreau up the road with
    > Thor in tow, something like this, to try to mop them up.

    The rascal did go for it, with Gerolsteiner all over it.