Vino tested positive!

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by olo, Jul 24, 2007.

1. olo

olo New Member

Tags:

2. sploush

sploush New Member

It's also reported by L' Equipe

3. sploush

sploush New Member

Le Kazakh Alexandre Vinokourov, 33 ans, leader de l'équipe Astana, a été contrôlé positif aux transfusions homologues samedi 21 juillet à l'issue du contre-la-montre individuel du Tour de France qu'il a remporté à Albi. Le prélèvement sanguin opéré à l'arrivée a démontré, après analyse au sein du laboratoire de Châtenay-Malabry, la présence de deux populations distinctes de globules rouges dans l'échantillon A. Ce qui, en clair, signifie que Vinokourov a eu recours à une transfusion homologue très peu de temps avant l'étape, en utilisant le sang d'un donneur compatible (groupe sanguin et rhésus).

Positive test (Blood transfusion) was on July 21st after the TT he won. The test suggest Vino had the transfusion shortly before the stage.

4. Trajectum

Trajectum New Member

Seems to be true. Sad, I do like Vino :/

Well, at least all the all tards at this forum now have a real reason to flame a rider.

5. wicklow200

wicklow200 New Member

If this is true, its a highly highly welcome development...

6. LaarsX

LaarsX New Member

fcuk me...

7. FriendlyFred

FriendlyFred New Member

How stupid ARE these riders. Vino has a ton of talent and just throws it away. I love his attacking, take no prisoners style, but hate that he is an individual in a team sport and as such won't work for anyone except himself. Now he's apparently screwed himself and the other riders on Astana. :(

8. poulidor

poulidor New Member

The only surprise here is not that he was doped but he was caught. I hope that is the result of better testing, and not only an error in Astana doping procedure.

9. LaarsX

LaarsX New Member

2-1 Vino ends up with a bullet in his back.

10. wicklow200

wicklow200 New Member

Anyone know anything more about this?

11. sploush

sploush New Member

Astana to quit the tour!!!!
    I feel bad for klöeden.

12. alibat

alibat New Member

L'Equipe are reporting that the entire team have pulled out :eek:

13. IH8LANCE

IH8LANCE New Member

In the articles I read, they didn't find anything, and the search was described as a routine customs inquiry.

14. azdroptop

azdroptop New Member

The tour Looks like crap again. Not surprising he tested positive. I bet he could be positive again after yesterday.

15. Trajectum

Trajectum New Member

Heard about it. Nothing was found on these raids

16. LaarsX

LaarsX New Member

Armstrong is confident both Contador and Levi Leipheimer - currently fourth - will be on the Champs-Elysees podium.

"I think that's a real possibility," he said. "I do."

A quick call to his boys at the LABS, fark up Vino get Astan off the race... it's the only chance we have of getting that peice of luggage on the podium.

17. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

Jesus F-ing Christ. I read the forum, go for a trail run, come back, and the whole Tour has turned to shit--as if it could not get even worse.

My first thought was that this thread must be a joke.

No surprise he was doping. Big surprise they caught him.

18. saluki

saluki New Member

Here is a babel fish translation from L'Equipe
    Information The Team: The Kazakh Alexandre Vinokourov, 33 years, leader of the Astana team, was controlled positive with the transfusions homologous Saturday July 21 with the exit with against-the-shows individual Turn of France that it gained in Albi. The blood taking away operated with the arrival showed, after analysis within the laboratory of Châtenay-Malabry, the presence of two populations distinct from red globules in sample A. What, in light, means that Vinokourov had recourse to a transfusion homologous very little with time before the stage, by using the blood of a compatible donor (blood group and rhesus). The runner of Astana, opposite which the International Union Cyclist, by the voice of its president Pat McQuaid, had expressed its distrust after it had acknowledged to work with sulfurous Doctor Michele Ferrari, underwent day before yesterday Monday, at the end of the afternoon, a new blood control after its second victory at the time of the 15e stage in Loudenvielle it Louron. This new taking away is currently being analysed with Châtenay-Malabry and should confirm the first positive result as of tomorrow, since the two populations of red globules will be still observed. The homologous transfusions, with the differences of the autologists (the proper blood of the athlete is transfused to him), are detectable since the Olympic Games of Athens, in 2004, by the means of a method developped at the point by the laboratory of Lausanne (STABLE-LAD). The American Tyler Hamilton was the first positive cyclist to be controlled kind at the time of Vuelta 2004. Philippe the GUY and Damien RESSIOT

19. fscyclist

fscyclist New Member

Agreed. To take a homologous transfusion is pure stupidity!!! What was he thinking?