Vinokourov- Dr Ferrari response

plectrum

Jul 26, 2007
I was surfing and found this on Dr Ferrari's site
http://www.53x12.com/do/show?page=forum.thread&id=214

'Dear Dott. Ferrari

It will be nice from you to know what you think about the Vinokourov situation, considering that he has never hidden that you are his personal doctor and he followed your training programs.

Thank you'

Olivier (Italy)

drferrari
Italy 7 Aug 2007

'I simply do not trust the antidoping tests, as they are developed at the moment.
The B sample should be done at the same time that A sample in a different independent lab.
If B sample is performed in the same lab who analized the A sample, it MUST confirm the result.'

We should also listen....

I thought this one is even better....

"Especially when organizers come out and make all kinds of statements, which are against the rules, deciding who gets to race and who doesn't, all based on subjective opinion," McQuaid said in an interview with AP. "If sponsors aren't guaranteed their team can race, they won't commit to the sport. It shows exactly why the sport can't allow such a thing. We can't just allow organizers to do their own thing."

"It's not good for world cycling. It's not good for U.S. cycling," McQuaid said, adding that the bad relations between the Tour, the French and Armstrong added to the situation. "The French have a love-hate relationship with Lance. They can't get it into their heads that he won the Tour seven times. The French media continue to make insinuations. They haven't made Lance or the Discovery team very welcome."

- What is he on ?

plectrum said:
I was surfing and found this on Dr Ferrari's site

'Dear Dott. Ferrari

It will be nice from you to know what you think about the Vinokourov situation, considering that he has never hidden that you are his personal doctor and he followed your training programs.

Thank you'

Olivier (Italy)

drferrari
Italy 7 Aug 2007

'I simply do not trust the antidoping tests, as they are developed at the moment.
The B sample should be done at the same time that A sample in a different independent lab.
If B sample is performed in the same lab who analized the A sample, it MUST confirm the result.'

whiteboytrash said:
"Especially when organizers come out and make all kinds of statements, which are against the rules, deciding who gets to race and who doesn't, all based on subjective opinion," McQuaid said in an interview with AP. "If sponsors aren't guaranteed their team can race, they won't commit to the sport. It shows exactly why the sport can't allow such a thing. We can't just allow organizers to do their own thing."
Well, he's right with this part. Problem is, it's the UCI's lax attitude which prompted all this mess.

plectrum said:
drferrari
Italy 7 Aug 2007

The strange thing is that their is a clear scientific and statistical reason to perform the B test at the same lab under the same conditions with the same technique. Dr Ferrari knows this as he is scientifically trained, his response was strange.

I do agree tho with the McQuaid / Lance part as the French hated it. Virenque was the golden boy in France and still is loved regardless on doping. France were hypocritical to the extreme over Lance Armstrong.

Lance Armstrong must have thought many times why? .... he dedicated himself only to 'their' race, he brought in millions of fans worldwide into TdF rather than just cycling in general, he cycled better both stronger and tactically than any other TdF rider .... and they hated him!

Does anyone have any overall viewing figures from 1990 - 2005, I bet you their is a surge during the Armstrong years!

plectrum said:
I do agree tho with the McQuaid / Lance part as the French hated it. Virenque was the golden boy in France and still is loved regardless on doping. France were hypocritical to the extreme over Lance Armstrong.
!

This is not true... The French hated Virenque for not admitting his doping... once he admitted 2 years later at the Festina trial they loved him again... In France their is honor in truth...... in America there is not.

whiteboytrash said:
This is not true... The French hated Virenque for not admitting his doping... once he admitted 2 years later at the Festina trial they loved him again... In France their is honor in truth...... in America there is not.
Yah I think you'll find that in America there is honour in victory and $$

But if God said to me you can be Virenque or Armstrong ... well it's a no brainer.

whiteboytrash said:
We should also listen....

I thought this one is even better....

"It's not good for world cycling. It's not good for U.S. cycling," McQuaid said, adding that the bad relations between the Tour, the French and Armstrong added to the situation. "The French have a love-hate relationship with Lance. They can't get it into their heads that he won the Tour seven times. The French media continue to make insinuations. They haven't made Lance or the Discovery team very welcome."

- What is he on ?
This is just McQuaid trying to use the Disco situation as leverage in the UCI's spat with the organizers. The UCI is staring into the face of rebellion. The UCI cannot admit that they lost their credibility by allowing such blatant doping by Armstrong. They are still stuck on blaming the ASO and the French instead of accepting their own responsibility.

Bro Deal said:
This is just McQuaid trying to use the Disco situation as leverage in the UCI's spat with the organizers. The UCI is staring into the face of rebellion. The UCI cannot admit that they lost their credibility by allowing such blatant doping by Armstrong. They are still stuck on blaming the ASO and the French instead of accepting their own responsibility.
Oh come on. Like the ASO haven't known about doping since year dot. It is only now that it is being made public, via law enforcement agencies and a bunch of oldies confessing, and they are being embarrassed that they actually care.

ASO protected all dopers in the Pharmstrong TDF (1999 thru 2005)

Just not in 1998, 2006 or 2007.

Rhubarb said:
Oh come on. Like the ASO haven't known about doping since year dot. It is only now that it is being made public, via law enforcement agencies and a bunch of oldies confessing, and they are being embarrassed that they actually care.

It should be like boxing ( 3 judges)...3 X A samples, 3 X B samples tested at 3 different labs.
4 or more out of 6 positive tests = disqualification.

Scientifically speaking it shoud be 6 out of 6 but.... :confused:

JAPANic said:
It should be like boxing ( 3 judges)...3 X A samples, 3 X B samples tested at 3 different labs.
4 or more out of 6 positive tests = disqualification.

Scientifically speaking it shoud be 6 out of 6 but.... :confused:

bit on the expensive side with all that testing, no? money would be better spent on conte's out of season controls.

slovakguy said:
bit on the expensive side with all that testing, no? money would be better spent on conte's out of season controls.
Testing really isn't that expensive-there are so many labs around the world and it could easily be souced to a lab that would do it cheap such as one in China or Russia!!!!

I would think what is expensive is developing the tests and staying ahead of the corrupt scientists/doctors, i.e. there is a certain amount that needs to be spent on espionage!

Bro Deal said:
Question is who runs the UCI ? Was in McQuaid or Disco ? Sounds from this it was Disco........ no more donations ?

whiteboytrash said:
Question is who runs the UCI ? Was in McQuaid or Disco ? Sounds from this it was Disco........ no more donations ?

Certainly Verbruggen entered in to a Faustian pack with all teams willing to dope - by ignoring the fact that of the doping controversy following Festina in 1998.

Rumours of bribes have been circulating : and it is something which, like all problems in our sport, only the civil authorities can ultimately answer for us because the UCI is neither willing or able to investigate this matter.

Verbruggen is No.3 on the International Olympic Committee structure.
Thieves stick together.

limerickman said:
Verbruggen is No.3 on the International Olympic Committee structure.
Thieves stick together.
Shiesse ! Didn't know that..... I think thats the end of the world as we know it.....

whiteboytrash said:
Shiesse ! Didn't know that..... I think thats the end of the world as we know it.....

Yep.
Hein is the IOC link man for the Beijing Games 2008.

He's been mentioned as possible future IOC president.
Birds of a feather...............

limerickman said:
Yep.
Hein is the IOC link man for the Beijing Games 2008.

He's been mentioned as possible future IOC president.
Birds of a feather...............
No wonder Pound has been busting his chops.... all politics and nothing to do with doping.......

whiteboytrash said:
"Especially when organizers come out and make all kinds of statements, which are against the rules, deciding who gets to race and who doesn't, all based on subjective opinion,"

We can't just allow organizers to do their own thing."
Say what? That's exactly what ASO and other organizers should be doing - ignoring the UCI and doing their own thing.