Vinokourov positive for transfusion, Astana quits Tour

i would say that's it for the tour.

vino out, astana out, sinkewitz out, floyd out, rasmussen next, t-mobile will pull sponsorship, german tv won't televise next year for sure, i don't see how there can be a tour

This doping junk is getting more ridiculous every year. It's annoying to tell you the truth.

The elite are taking any measure to win at any cost. The thing that amazes me is that even after all the that has been going on regarding doping they just keep doing it. Every rider had to sign an agreement before the start of the TDF that they promised not to dope or they would pay 2 years salary and thier team would also pay the equivilent of the team salay of one year. Vini knows that this was his last real shot to gain a podium spot yet he put himself and his team in the toilet while taking the sport once again upside down. Makes you wonder if someone rides away like Vini did on the ITT if they are doping? So much for Klodden and team Astada. Looks like Discovery may win the best team now.

likes to ride said:
The elite are taking any measure to win at any cost. The thing that amazes me is that even after all the that has been going on regarding doping they just keep doing it. Every rider had to sign an agreement before the start of the TDF that they promised not to dope or they would pay 2 years salary and thier team would also pay the equivilent of the team salay of one year. Vini knows that this was his last real shot to gain a podium spot yet he put himself and his team in the toilet while taking the sport once again upside down. Makes you wonder if someone rides away like Vini did on the ITT if they are doping? So much for Klodden and team Astada. Looks like Discovery may win the best team now.
I was so dissapointed not because he did it but because I should've known better. These amazing feats; coming fm a Tour ending deficit on one stage, and then, next stage blowing out the competition should had set my alarms. But it didn't. Right at this moment I don't know what to think about the Tour.

I doubt very few are truly "clean." There are so many pro-hormones and things such as HCG that they don't test for. They all have access to the same stuff. Other than that it comes down to genetics and training. You say what you want ... 50+ stitches and still beat the entire field in the time trial and the pyronese (sp?). That's not just a little extra hemoglobin fellas. That guy has great genetics, has trained hard, and is incredibly tough.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not condoning anything just stating facts. Also, you are condemning him before all the info is in. Take Landis for instance. He tested positive on one urine sample if I am correct. Are you telling me he just took some testosterone on one day to help win? Go ahead and take any dose of testosterone you want and race or enter a bodybuilding contest the next day. Aint gonn happen. Once again maybe he was taking something but that one urine test sure didnt prove it. I dont know maybe there testing is inaccurate. How did they test for bld doping? Depending on hydration your h&h can change dramatically.

Either way, don't give up on the Tour fellas. C'mon, drugs extra blood or not, this is an exciting Tour don't you think? I dont care what theyre taking they have my attention. Just mho.

tinear10 said:

NEWS FLASH: :eek:

Just saw a note posted on the TV saying that the yellow jersey (Rasmussen) was asked to leave the tour (drop out) by his team, Rabobank. Developements to come soon.

I'm new to the sport of cycling and I have followed the Tour since in started weeks ago. It's just sad that no matter what sport I choose, someone always has to go and ruin it for everyone else. It's just plain sad and pathetic. I hope this incident will not hinder the Tour de France's future; I was really getting into the stats, the riders, and watching the hours of riding roll by on Versus [station that broadcasts the Tour in America.]:(

thetmqdoc said:
I doubt very few are truly "clean." There are so many pro-hormones and things such as HCG that they don't test for. They all have access to the same stuff. Other than that it comes down to genetics and training. You say what you want ... 50+ stitches and still beat the entire field in the time trial and the pyronese (sp?). That's not just a little extra hemoglobin fellas. That guy has great genetics, has trained hard, and is incredibly tough.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not condoning anything just stating facts. Also, you are condemning him before all the info is in. Take Landis for instance. He tested positive on one urine sample if I am correct. Are you telling me he just took some testosterone on one day to help win? Go ahead and take any dose of testosterone you want and race or enter a bodybuilding contest the next day. Aint gonn happen. Once again maybe he was taking something but that one urine test sure didnt prove it. I dont know maybe there testing is inaccurate. How did they test for bld doping? Depending on hydration your h&h can change dramatically.

Either way, don't give up on the Tour fellas. C'mon, drugs extra blood or not, this is an exciting Tour don't you think? I dont care what theyre taking they have my attention. Just mho.
Granted...genetics and all....... but it still takes like shiite. It deflates the magnitude of their achievements. Every time somebody does an extraordinary feat....rather than say...Wow!YO DA MAN!!.....you'll be thinking......mmmmm I wonder what he took today?????. Is not the same.