Vino's Bravado

I think its a pretty clear indication that Kloden is no.1 now. He was saying ok my GC hopes are over but I am still dangerous and will still go for stage wins. No question he was after Mor...More...Moreau....that Moron guy...:p

umm...
All of the above, except revenge on Moreau (I think that was luck of the draw at the time)

So a showing for the home folk, a showing for the peloton and a showing for himself (for confidence)

I reckon he'll attack again tonight (tonight for us in Aust.) on the cat 2 climb and try a run for home over the remaining 50km, maybe he'll get help from some others out for a stage showing.

how about this...

As a result of the attacks by Astana yesterday Moreau is now 6 mins down on the yellow, Vino is 8 mins. Moreau is gonna have to attack and go for it in the Pyrenees, as is Vino. So Vino now has another team will be attackign the GC boys in the mountains, Vino going on his own my well result in him getting reeled in by the GC teams...
Vino & Moreau going on the hunt for minutes with the support of their teams is far more likely to succeed.
ALSO....
I kinda feel that AG2R maybe 'owe' Astana for the D-L win... so i am now expecting a certain level of 'mutal' co-operation between the 2 teams.

He is acting like the Vino we all know and love. I can almost imagine his thought processes:

Vino is bored = Vino attacks.
Vino is hungary = Vino attacks.
Vino realises his mothers maiden name rhymes with his favourite car = Vino attacks.
Vino about to be dropped by the break away = Vino attacks.

Rather than work out why Vino attacked I am going to think about something more solveable like 'How long is a piece of string'.

EmPat said:
He is acting like the Vino we all know and love. I can almost imagine his thought processes:

Vino is bored = Vino attacks.
Vino is hungary = Vino attacks.
Vino realises his mothers maiden name rhymes with his favourite car = Vino attacks.
Vino about to be dropped by the break away = Vino attacks.

Rather than work out why Vino attacked I am going to think about something more solveable like 'How long is a piece of string'.

:D Hilarious. Yes, this is classic spontaneous Vino behavior. The only difference is, he's no longer riding for himself on TMobile. He's now calling the shots for a team, so his emotionally inspired, arbitrary attacks affect not only him but his entire group. Whether this is a good thing or bad thing I'm not sure...

From what hs been reported one of his knees is getting septic. Since he is probably not on antibiotics, it is likely the infection will force him to withdraw. If he goes on antibiotics that will probably be the end of his tour as well.

I think he knows this, and this attack he did yesterday was his parting shot at the peloton to prove he was strong and barring his crash would have been the main contender.

Can you imagine how angry he is at his situation. Anger is a great motivator.