Vintage bicycle frame

garyf

Jan 31, 2012
Greetings to bicycle enthusiasts in Aus and New Zealand! I have a vintage Hetchins' mountain bike frame from c1987 (26" wheels) in gloss British racing Green , built with Columbus tubing, 19" frame, lugs have gold edging. Can anyone tell me how much it might be worth, please? It includes forks.

You don't know how to post? You managed to post once, so why did you post multiple times? It was a simple manner of writing the post then hit submit...ONE TIME, I don't see how being a newbie would make that a simple error. Maybe if you had done it twice, ehh ok maybe, but not 5 or 6 times. If your blaming that activity on being a newbie then I'm extremely thankful that you don't use my computer!

By the way, I don't know much about Hetchin mountain bikes, I didn't even know they made mountain bikes nor am I sure if their related to the famous artistic Hetchin road bikes. I've never seen a Hetchin mountain bike; but if their related to the Road bike company then they should be a very good and nice looking bike. Problem is that when I went to their website they don't even show the MTB model or mention they make one, so I have no clue what it looks like or if even I'm looking at the right web site.

http://www.hetchins.com/

There's no need to be offensive, chum! Alf Hetchins, When he had his shop in Southend-on Sea, Essex, was commisioned to build this mountain bike during the vogue for all terrain bicycles in the Eighties. It is probably unique! The frame was taken to Bob Jackson in Leeds to be resprayed. The frame livery was originally a beautiful pastel green and the seat and chain stays were widened to accomodate a 9 cog freewheel. In summary,this is a genuine Hetchens, albeit, without the curly stays. I realise the frame is worth a bit less since its alterations, however it's still a beauty!

Jeez, something from 1987 is already "vintage"? Fark me I'm getting old.

Good luck selling.

Originally Posted by garyf .

There's no need to be offensive, chum! Alf Hetchins, When he had his shop in Southend-on Sea, Essex, was commisioned to build this mountain bike during the vogue for all terrain bicycles in the Eighties. It is probably unique! The frame was taken to Bob Jackson in Leeds to be resprayed. The frame livery was originally a beautiful pastel green and the seat and chain stays were widened to accomodate a 9 cog freewheel. In summary,this is a genuine Hetchens, albeit, without the curly stays. I realise the frame is worth a bit less since its alterations, however it's still a beauty!
After 1985, Hetchins frames were produced by Jackson in Leeds.