Vintage Bicycle Price Guide (over 600 cycles)

OldRoads

Guest
You can query this database by make, model, year, front tire size,
rear tire size and number of speeds.
Your queries will return year, make, model, sub-model, male/female
style, tire sizes, number of speeds, features,
a link to the price and condition, and a link to our Picture Database

Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
http://OldRoads.com

Am I missing something ?
I have three old bikes, Moulton, Holdsworth, Roy Thame none of which seem to
be in the gallery ! !

SW

"Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Am I missing something ?
> I have three old bikes, Moulton, Holdsworth, Roy Thame none of which seem
> to be in the gallery ! !
>
> SW

Nice rides.
Is that a Dave Moulton?
Dave was a great master frame builder.

I had a Fuso, made by Dave, and a Holdsworth track bike.
-tom

In article <[email protected]>,
"Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> writes:
> Am I missing something ?
> I have three old bikes, Moulton, Holdsworth, Roy Thame none of which seem to
> be in the gallery ! !

I've had a (large) number of Bike Boom bikes -- some
possibly imported from Japan into Canada, and some
possibly mfg'd here in Canada, and OldRoads/Menotomy
doesn't seem to know those exist, either.

Many of those old Apollos and Sekines[1] are still in
active service today, often with their original
old SunTour derailers. Sometimes with their orig
steel rims. The saddles that came with those old
bikes are the most comfortable for me. Those, and
those old, coil-sprung, two-tone Raleigh pleather
saddles[2] (which, incidentally, respond wonderfully
and beautifully to a li'l ArmorAll treatment.)

Sekine was quite a progressive bike mfg'r, and not
averse to experimentation with design & the
bleeding-edge technology of the time. It would be
nice to learn more about that company, but to my
rue, there's a dearth of information about it.

I have a Sekine mixte which incorporates Shimano's
old Front Freewheel System, which allows a rider
to shift gears at a standstill (presumably while
leaning against a post or something,) by backpedalling.
The bike even has Sekine's trademark rhinestone badge,
with the rhinestone still in it.

cheers,
Tom

[1] Many of which have recently become bastardized
as homebrew fixies.

[2] I need one for my Twenty. Right now it's inflicted
with a squishy, wide-assed "tractor seat", by its
previous owner.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at: